• Return to Oz

Has the career position been filled???

I was wondering if any knows when a position has been filled.
    On July 25th I applied for the Visual Presentation Assistant position on disneycareers.com and have yet to receive response. The job is still posted on the web site. Do I have to contact someone? Does the hiring process take this long?

Any information would be very helpful or tell me about your experience.

thanks!
    So... what do you think?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Has the career position been filled???

I randomly apply for the Disney jobs. And I was contacted one time I applied online. I believe you have to wait until someone contacts you. You should create a profile on the website. I believe sometimes they list the openings just to create an availability pool.

• Return to Oz

oh, I did create a profile.
    I guess now its just a waiting game, darn
    So... what do you think?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Disney luv: I have applied for the Cast Communications Designer (many times) of which I am highly qualified for (meaning, I have all the qualifications/requirements they are asking for) and I have never received a call. I just applied again last week, but I am not holding my breath.

Good luck!

• Return to Oz

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Disney luv: I have applied for the Cast Communications Designer (many times) of which I am highly qualified for (meaning, I have all the qualifications/requirements they are asking for) and I have never received a call. I just applied again last week, but I am not holding my breath.

Good luck!
    Thanks.

I just got off the phone with the Jobline recruitment assistant and she said that the job is still open. She said that the will be looking at resumes until the job is no longer in the web site, once they remove the posting it may take up to one month for someone to contact me or to schedule an interview.
    So... what do you think?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney luv View Post
    once they remove the posting it may take up to one month for someone to contact me or to schedule an interview.
    Wow. I wonder how many people who are job hunting actually wait the nearly 2 months for Disney to make a decision?

• Return to Oz

My last day at work is Sep 17th (I got laid off at my current job, the company is relocating to a different state) unfortunately I can’t wait that long for my dream job. I guess I just have to keep looking.
    So... what do you think?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Me too!

• Done and Gone

Over the years I've applied for various positions, not out of need but more to test my luck. Although highly qualified, I've never received a call. /shrug

I've even formatted my resume and application as best I can for the positions in question and nothing. It's interesting to see that they seem to make a habit of this.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Then who is really getting these jobs???

• insufferable know-it-all

Oftentimes, in large corporations, a person looking to hire for a position already has a candidate in mind, but company policy requires them to open up the position and interview several candidates before eventually hiring the one they wanted all along. Sometimes you can spot it in the advertisements, as they'll set the requirements to line up with the qualifications of the person they want to hire, so some of the skills will seem random of terribly specific. Things like odd times for required experience with something (position, skill, etc.)

I'm not saying Disney does that, but large corportions have large numbers of people working for them, allowing a great variety of personalities and principles.