Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Sad The Sadness of a Dusty Sage

As many of you know, I have been away from the boards (that I love) for quite some time. Depending on whom you heard it from, I have either been busy establishing a new country in the South Pacific or have been closed for my annual refurbishment (during which something Gnu was getting into your Dusty Sage). The truth is somewhat less exciting, and all too work related (with just a touch of personal sadness at my growing another year older thrown in).

Tomorrow, it will be my sad duty to start laying off at least 50 and perhaps as many as 100 of my loyal employees in India. I am crippled with grief and sorrow at having to part ways with so many that I have known for so long. While the Irony will not be lost on some, that for once the jobs are leaving India, it will still be quite a tragedy in the lives of these otherwise impoverished people whom I have grown to love and respect. I am at my wits end, as the negative is not my strong suit. Bitchy, yes. Evil overlord, never!

I suppose you could say that I am going through a difficult patch, from which I am bound to soon recover. Since I count so many of you among my friends, I thought that I at least owed it to you and myself to explain, at least in part, why I have been under a rock - and why I am fighting the temptation to crawl back under it for a while.

-The Dusty One
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: The Sadness of a Dusty Sage

Good luck on everything you have had to do and have ahead of you! Life is a bitch sometimes, but you will make it through. We are here when you need to vent and we will all be sending you waves of love and support to get you through. Just try not to take it personally, those you have to terminate probably won't and I know you will do it as gracefully as it is possible to do something like that.

Stay away from the rock- it is much cozier here!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I am so sorry to hear that budyy. I hope it goes quick and not too painful, but please don't crawl back under a rock! We miss you buddy!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• That's Hawt

I'm sorry to hear about that Dusty. It is completely understandable to not want to face the lay-offs ... that is a very sad and trying thing to have to do. I really hope that you find the strength to get through the grueling day, I will keep you and the plight of those who are unfortunate in my mind. It is unfortunate that you have been placed in a difficult situation but I know you are a strong person and just keep in your mind that there is a reason that things are happening the way they are.

Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Hugs and much love to you sweet Dusty.

Here's hoping that work will get easier from here. You know you have all of us to lean on when you need us.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

You never need to explain, if you want time off, you got it. I would hate to be in the posistion that you are in, and I wish you the best of luck. And know that things will always going to get better.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• I was deleted.

It is such a bummer that you have to go through this.
    But as Kyle said, no hiding under rocks! Glad that the MiceChat community is a group that you consider friends and hopefully we can help cheer you up a bit. Like Mamabot and everyone above me said, we're here for you man!

• Man O Lantern

Oh, Hot Toddy!!! I can only imagine the suckitude of all that is involved with laying off people you love and admire. Ugh.

We're here. Be here with us when you're ready.

• Smells like beer

There are people in this world that could fire 50,000 people and not even lose a second of sleep over it. The fact you are so depressed about having to fire 50 people shows me your'e a caring human being with a big heart. Try and cheer up on that notion.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Again! Again! Again!

Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Sorry, Dusty...

You have my best wishes, and while I know it will be painful, I hope that they all have the understanding that we do, that it is with deep regret you have to do what you do...

All the best!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Senior Minion

Dusty take care, been thinking of you. Sorry to hear you are in such a tough position. My Wife and I miss you and hope you are doing well, hang tough!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Dusty, we've missed you so much. The cat has been away, and well...you know the rest! I'm so sorry to hear the situation you are in and I hope that you are able to get through it with as much ease and peace of mind as possible. Hopefully, this rock you speak of(aka Cancerian shell) will be soon forgotten. We understand how troubling this is for you and as LightBeer said this only shows what a great person you are. As the old addage says(okay, so it's the Bible!) "This too shall pass". We hope that it passes soon!

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Sorry to hear you have to do those layoffs. Just remember some things happen for a reason. Maybe it will work itself out to the best in the end.
    Last edited by mistyisjafo; 07-06-2005 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added a thought

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    But as Kyle said, no hiding under rocks! ...
    Sunbathing on top of warm rocks can be very relaxing, however.

Dusty, it will work out one way or another. Just remember that while you do have to break the news it could be much worse: It could be coming from someone who does not care at all about the people he is about to lay off.

Often the ability to care is an overlooked strength, even though it can often cause much pain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast