Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My Company Closed Today

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd post this info that I found out today (as if things couldn't get any worse).

My company 'closed' it's doors today - shockingly enough. I say closed in quotation marks because even though they won't be taking in any more business, some folks will actually be there another 6 weeks or so closing out the offices and such. I have been with BNC Mortgage for almost 5 years.......and it's very sad that they are closing........I worked with many that were like family.

I am on medical leave myself and am on medical disability until November 1 - so this really won't affect me until then. Come November 1, my severance pay will begin.

Anyway, here's a link to the sight where it's mentioned (I hope that's ok):
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...PFc&refer=home

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: My Company Closed Today

You get severance pay? Lucky.

(This from someone who has complete sympathy for how it feels to have a company(ies) shut its(their) doors on you while employed there.) Sorry to hear it, dude.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Sorry DD,

When it rains, it seems to pour.

But as Michael says in the tiki room "every cloud has its silver lining"

Hang in there pal.

Chad

• Banned User

And in a tough economy as well.

Mortgage companies are going down faster than the Titanic near an iceberg with those low rates and Dictator George XLIII Cheney hasn't done diddly poo because of their focus on this so-called War on Terrorism.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    You get severance pay? Lucky.

(This from someone who has complete sympathy for how it feels to have a company(ies) shut its(their) doors on you while employed there.) Sorry to hear it, dude.
    Thank you - I appreciate that.

I'm not worried really about the future - I think most of all is that I am going to really miss my co-workers. We were all tightly knit and such.

Just recently, they had a garage sale in my honor and all the proceeds were donated to my wife and I for gasoline to pay for my daily 100 mile round trips to City Of Hope for my radiation treatments for cancer. That was probably one of the sweetest things, you know? They got $121.00 - not a huge amount of money, but it will put 3 tanks of gas in our car to get me too and from for the past week and next 2 1/2 weeks.

I'm sad to be 'losing' them in that sense. I'll miss them. They are good people.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Sounds like you had some great people to work with, I wish you and them the best of luck.

• no flash photography...

I'm so sorry DD.

I also work for a mortgage company who is in the news daily, if not several times a day. My company has laid off people, I think they said 500, nobody from my department yet.

I'm glad you won't be affected.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Yeah, there's a mortgage company in the complex I work at... they cut their staff in half.
    Sad times.
    Best of luck to all of those affected.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I am reading all of your posts. Thank you all for your encouragement and well wishes.

You know, I have been in the Mortgage Industry since I was 19 - so .........oh my gosh.......that's 17 years (as I'll be 36 here really soon). There was a big mortgage crisis in the mid 90's - but nothing quite like this. This is insane and it's very sad. But it just fuels my flame to get myself out of this industry once and for all.

The industry is very 'feast or famine' - the FEASTS are incredible - I've seen some incredibly awesome times, but the FAMINE is horrible.......this is the worst I have seen, to tell you the truth.

• Banned User

Gosh David, I am so sorry. I know you'd been concerned about them for a while. At least you do have the severance which is more than most people get when a company closes up shop. I'm just so sorry.

Ever consider banking? I've done it for 27 years. Of course, it's VERY retail these days, with a huge emphasis on sales, which I am sure you are used to.

• insufferable know-it-all

DD: use this time you've got to re-analyze and, if necessary, acquire new skills.

Oh, and don't go into airlines. Trust me on this one

I know what you mean about the industry, being on the real estate end of things, I'm seeing a lot of trimming back too. My company cut a lot of staff, and combined jobs for the people who remained, and also fired a lot of low-producing agents. But with another year of low activity predicted, the belt tightening may not be over.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Gosh David, I am so sorry. I know you'd been concerned about them for a while. At least you do have the severance which is more than most people get when a company closes up shop. I'm just so sorry.

Ever consider banking? I've done it for 27 years. Of course, it's VERY retail these days, with a huge emphasis on sales, which I am sure you are used to.
    I'm going to consider a lot of things....banking being one of them I guess. We'll see what happens......

Indeed, I am fortunate to have gotten severance.....that is great.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    DD: use this time you've got to re-analyze and, if necessary, acquire new skills.

Oh, and don't go into airlines. Trust me on this one

I know what you mean about the industry, being on the real estate end of things, I'm seeing a lot of trimming back too. My company cut a lot of staff, and combined jobs for the people who remained, and also fired a lot of low-producing agents. But with another year of low activity predicted, the belt tightening may not be over.
    Homes are crashing in monetary value as well. My parents bought their home 2 1/2 years ago for near $600K. They bought the single story small model because it was just Mom and Dad. The house down the street was purchased for a 'flip' and never sold. It was about 3800 square feet, two story, two car garage and large lot - sold originally for near $700K or more....and just two weeks ago, sold for $620K. SHOCKING!

I don't know if it can get much worse - this market - so I'm hoping things turn around real quick.....I heard a rumor that the Fed's are going to drop the interest rate again - tomorrow maybe???

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I wish you the best of luck for the future. Sorry to hear of your company closing their doors. I hope you find the right door to enter into the next stage in your life.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Hey DD, sorry to hear that, a couple of my relatives got poked too on the lay off trail in the mortgage industry....I guess it was one of those things that grew too fast and with everyone and their mother going into the mortgage industry it was doomed.

I remember seeing 2 people who did re-fi's get in a fight over a client one was trying to steal over another...quite sad, yet comical!!!

Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out soon!

ok a side note, Sen Dodd (chair of the banking committee) was on Hardball yesterday and said he had a meeting with the Fed's and tried to get the Administration involved but still no response!!!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast