Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   

Are you a good buffet eater?

For lunch today a few of us here at work went to a buffet close by. I was able to eat half of one plate and had a plate of fruit and pudding......
    I'M A TERRIBLE BUFFET EATER!
    I get overwhelmed and grossed out! I couldn't wait to get out of there.

How about you guys?

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: Are you a good buffet eater?

I can't go to buffets. I way overeat, then get sick. Keep me away from all you can eat, because that is what I do!

• Senior Minion

I think people are confused with the term buffet. It does not mean all you can eat, it means that you have more choices available of food you can eat readily - it isn't an invitation to pig out.

Personally at buffets I just get a plate of food, salad and maybe some frozen yogurt. My favorite buffet place is Souplantation.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I used to be a great a buffet eater. My parents used to take my siblings and I to buffets all the time when we were having our growth spurts. I used to eat insane amounts of food. Now... not so much.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A few weeks ago the boss took us out to this Indian Buffet on Culver and I-5 (about 15 miles south of DL for those of you who want to know). It was absolutely delicious. But I don't always eat Indian food and I am not that familiar with it, so I ate sooooo much because it was really quite good and I had to have a little bit of everything, plus seconds of the dishes that I thought were exceptionally tasty. But I ate so much I couldn't eat even the next day!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I think people are confused with the term buffet. It does not mean all you can eat, it means that you have more choices available of food you can eat readily - it isn't an invitation to pig out.

Personally at buffets I just get a plate of food, salad and maybe some frozen yogurt. My favorite buffet place is Souplantation.
    Very true but at the same time you can still eat as much as you want. They don't stop you.
    I couldn't believe how much this one guy was eating. It was equivalent to a baby elephant in weight.

I often wonder just how much food gets wasted at buffets......

• Winter in Oceanside...

I can't eat that much at one sitting, but at buffets I at least try to get my money's worth! (go for the expensive prime rib, shrimp, fruit, desserts, etc. - stay away from rice, salads)

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I'm the worst when it comes to eating out at restaurants. I hardly ever finish my food. I'll tell my b/f that I'm starving then I eat about half my plate and that's it.

With buffets? It's a waste. I normally go to buffets for breakfast or brunch so I get one plate of eggs, bacon, little belgian waffles, and fruit. It doesn't take much to fill me up at all!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I'm the worst when it comes to eating out at restaurants. I hardly ever finish my food. I'll tell my b/f that I'm starving then I eat about half my plate and that's it.
    That is because you are probably eating the proper portion. Restaurants tend to give you 2-3 times the portions you should be eating.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Buffets for me are good and bad. I dont eat a lot at once, so I only get what I know I will eat, but at the same time am I really eating as much as I paid for?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   

This buffet was all chinese food and it only cost $7.00 a person but still, I don't think I ate my money's worth. Well, maybe close compared to a restaurant portion serving.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

MY biggest problem is always wondering if I am getting my money's worth. Especially when talking Disney buffets, which are SO much.

Another problem, I always eat so much of the entrees, I almost never have room for dessert. That to me is a crime against nature right there...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    That is because you are probably eating the proper portion. Restaurants tend to give you 2-3 times the portions you should be eating.
    Makes sense but I do feel bad that the food goes to waste but I usually take the rest of my food with me to go. I think I do better with appetizer size or kid sized portions than a regular meal. I've even noticed at Olive Garden when I get something from there for lunch, their portions are a lot smaller than if I went at dinner time.

Oh yoyo, I don't have that problem. I'll stop eating the regular food so I can have room for deserts when I'm at buffets. Always.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm usually pretty good at buffets, but breakfast buffets, watch out! I have no sense of when to stop. I love breakfast so much, I will eat it 4 times.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I eat dessert first in buffets.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast