Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Merry 2014!

Re: Milk: Good or Bad for you?

Who knows what lurks in the intestines of men and women. Only the Shadow knows.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

Any diary product (except for butter) builds up that phlegm.

• Minion

can't eat meat - mad cow
    can't eat chicken - too many hormones
    can't eat fish - too much mercury
    can't eat fruit and vege - pestiscides

dang!! What's the point of living??????

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Minion

Well all mammals produce it to feed their young so I honestly can't see it as being too bad for you.

• Just Me

Life is a death sentence.

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Thanks uhh... for clarifying that.....

Brings new meaning to the term 'Mad-cow'
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

But remember , to much soy milk can lead to Thyroid enlargement

My Maleficent tattoo

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Well all mammals produce it to feed their young so I honestly can't see it as being too bad for you.
    Humans are the only species that intentionally drinks the milk of another mammal, and afaik, we are also the only species that contines to drink milk after being weaned from the breast. (Side note, I nurse my kids forever...)

I don't touch the stuff, can't stand it. I have ice cream once in a while, and usually end up with my allergies flaring the next day or two. We buy organic milk, and somewhat limit consumption (both kids seem to have my hay fever/allergies).

Here's an anti milk link for ya... http://www.milksucks.com/index2.html I haven't verified their research, just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Last edited by Deanna; 08-30-2007 at 09:08 AM.
    xo, Deanna

•   

If everything is good and bad for us now, can you please tell me how Mt Dew is good for me so I can keep drinking it as much as I used to?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Humans are the only species that intentionally drinks the milk of another mammal, and afaik, we are also the only species that contines to drink milk after being weaned from the breast. (Side note, I nurse my kids forever...)

I don't touch the stuff, can't stand it. I have ice cream once in a while, and usually end up with my allergies flaring the next day or two. We buy organic milk, and somewhat limit consumption (both kids seem to have my hay fever/allergies).

Here's an anti milk link for ya... http://www.milksucks.com/index2.html I haven't verified their research, just thought I'd throw it out there.
    great post, I do not drink it any more , I found my kids are feeling much better now to. alergys have slowed down so much and yeah, its just gross. we do rice milk and soy.

• Down Pluto!

Humans are the only species that intentionally drinks the milk of another mammal, and afaik, we are also the only species that contines to drink milk after being weaned from the breast.
    You've obviously never owned a cat or a dog...they will intentionally drink same, and long after they are weaned.

And for that Johns Hopkins "research" - Computer says Naaaaa...

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cancerupdate.asp

Any site that has to use internet folklore as "research" has no credibility.

I consume at most two cups of milk a week. Rarely have ice cream, but do eat cheese. Not a big milk fan. Never was.

Good or bad for you? All things in moderation.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

There is a lot of sugar in milk. I love milk, but when I drink it for any amount of time, I gain weight. Not only that, but I get bad dandruff. Go figure.....

My Mom started giving me vitamin D milk before I was a year old, and from what we have investigated now, it's possible that having it that young caused me to have an alergy to it - and lactose intolerance.

I usually use Soy Milk whenever I am needing Milk for whatever - usually for mixing up a protein shake or something.

I do eat ice cream on occasion...and cheese now and again, but not on a daily basis - and so I am ok.

When I was about 12 or 13, I was consuming probably 3 gallons of milk a week. I had a weight problem and my Doctor told me to curb or eliminate milk from my diet because each glass was like having a meal as milk turns to a solid in ones system. You may notice on some medication bottles that it reads "Take with food or milk" - that is because MILK is like a food/meal.

So, I think for us adults, Milk is probably not necessary - take calcium tablets if you need calcium.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    You've obviously never owned a cat or a dog...they will intentionally drink same, and long after they are weaned.
    I've had 5 dogs and 2 cats (and lived with many more) in my lifetime. And yeah, they'll drink milk, if YOU give it to them. And from experience, it gives them the runs. They lack the enzymes they need to digest the lactose. Dogs will eat chocolate too, but it'll kill them. Domesticated animals eat what we give them. Weaned wild animals will not seek out milk as a food source. When's the last time you saw a grown animal nursing?

http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=1183
    http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/ca..._your_cat.html

There are some theories that state that dairy products are not good for you. There are also some theories that talk about how too many soy products are harmful, so you can believe who you want to believe.

For me, I'm not particularly concerned that milk will kill me before something else does, so whatever. I try to use all foods in moderation, anyway, since I'm already too fat. But the bit in the original post about cancer-causing mucus is hogwash. Cancer does not "feed on mucus". Cancer has nothing whatever to do with mucus. Your body produces mucus naturally, to act as a lubricant and to trap bacteria. Furthermore, that thick feeling in your mouth when you drink dairy (or eat sugar) isn't some mystery mucus. It's saliva.

Cancer-causing saliva.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Down Pluto!

I've had 5 dogs and 2 cats (and lived with many more) in my lifetime. And yeah, they'll drink milk, if YOU give it to them. And from experience, it gives them the runs. They lack the enzymes they need to digest the lactose. Dogs will eat chocolate too, but it'll kill them. Domesticated animals eat what we give them. Weaned wild animals will not seek out milk as a food source. When's the last time you saw a grown animal nursing?

http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=1183
    http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/ca..._your_cat.html
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deanna
    Humans are the only species that intentionally drinks the milk of another mammal, and afaik, we are also the only species that contines to drink milk after being weaned from the breast.
    You didn't say one word about a grown animal nursing - you specifically said humans are the only species that intentionally drinks the milk of another mammal - which by your own admission is untrue. You continued with we are the only species that continues to drink milk after being weaned - which is also untrue.

So the if "YOU give it to them" doesn't render your original statement any more true. It just changes what you meant to say - of which I agree.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast