Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Wisdom Teeth....

So I am getting my wisdome teeth out tommorrow and I am nervous! If anyone has any experience with this please help me out. I am going under anesthesia and the procedure is supposed to take about 45 min. Does it hurt? Will I experience nausea? Help..

•   

Re: Wisdom Teeth....

I had all 4 of mine taken out at once a few years ago. It didn't hurt me at all.
    They had trouble getting one of them out because it had an extra root. (I'm a mutant) The doctor was grunting and pushing all his weight on me to try to get it out. He finally did and I was done. Even after all of that, I still didn't hurt.
    You'll be fine!!!

You can't eat much for a few days after so get ready to only eat soup or drink fluids. (no straws either)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This going to sound stupid but what bothered me most about the procedure is the smell! Yeah it hurts a little and when you come out of the anastasia you are groggy, but the smell from the blood in your mouth is terrible.

You have to let it set for a couple of days so it heals. After that they give you a syringe to flush out the dried blood. Have plenty of jello made, you won't be in the mood to chew much.

Good luck, I wish you the best!

Chad

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I just had mine out a couple weeks ago. It's not too bed. If you're going under don't eat anything for awhile before you go in (they should have told you that already) that will help with the nausea. When I went in, it didn't take too long, and didn't hurt too bad. Afterwards I was all loopy and seeing along with Hey There Delilah on the radio.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My current dentist keeps telling me mine need to come out, but as long as they don't bother me, they're staying. My previous 2 dentists said the same thing (as long as they don't bother me, no point in putting me through the trauma). Considering how bad off I was after my root canal last year.... I'd REALLY be bad after getting 4 teeth pulled. And one of my wisdom teeth is in at a weird angle so they'd have to pull the molar in front of it first, then dig out the wisdom tooth. Ummmm.... yeah.... NO WAY JOSE!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I had no nausea at all, but was bruised for about 3 weeks afterwards. It's different for everyone.
    A signature should go here.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I had mine out with anesthesia and didn't feel a thing - don't even worry about that part. But you will be sore afterwards - drugs will help.

I've had a lot of dental work done lately, and I am NOT a good dental patient. But you know, all the procedures were never as bad as I was imagining it to be.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I had 2 teeth pulled (not my wisdom teeth, but same area). They knocked me out to do it, at my request. It wasn't super awesome or anything, but I've dealt with worse pain in my life. Follow your doc's orders and you'll be fine.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Still lost in Neverland

I had all 4 on mine pulled when I was about 14, back many years ago when Dinosaurs still roamed the planet. The actual pulling did not hurt as I was put out for that. You will have some soreness in the gums for a few days. DON'T DRINK ANYTHING COLD for the first day back, those are open wounds where your teeth were and cold water hitting them is worse than any pain you will have had from the actual extractions. Take Excedrin Extra Strength for the pain. You will be fine. It's all over in about 3 days.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• World Traveler

I had all four of mine out at once. It was ok. Not pleasant, but there was no pain, from what I remember. Just enjoy the drugs!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Ugh, I hated the whole wisdom teeth expierence. I won't go in to details, but mine SUCKED.

Just be sure to not eat or drink anything before you go in and get your rest once you're done. If you don't think that you're good to be up and around in a couple days, then don't. Let your mouth heal and get lots of rest. I recommend liquids for the first few days... smoothies and the like.

Good luck! And don't worry, you're going to be just fine!!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Circle of Ancients

My oldest daughter had all 4 pulled last year. She did fine. She did cry after the anesthesia but I think it was because the drug was wearing off. She was a little emotional.

I hope you will have someone with you to take you home.

Your doctor's office will give you instructions on how to take care of your teeth or mouth after the procedure. Make sure you follow the instructions faithfully or else you will have an infection.

I do think each individual is different. I bruised after my procedure, my daughter didn't.

You will be ok. You'll be in and out of the office in no time.

Good Luck!

• Waiting Since 1992

I had all 4 removed and several molars all at once while being put under. As long as you follow up with the meds they give you, the pain will be so minor! Also, follow the steps in caring for your stiches, even if they are the dissolvable kind. If you feel nauseous from the meds they give you, try a larger dose of Motrin (ask the Doc. what he/she thinks). Many people say that works just as well and doesn't give you a druggy feeling where you feel very out of it (and not in a good way ) like taking Vicodin might do. I know I thought that motrin actually helped me more than Vicodin did. Also, Vicodin just kills the sensations of pain while Motrin does that AND helps with swelling.

Relax, and you will be fine! Make sure to pamper yourself afterwards and go to the surgery wearing comfy clothes that you would want to sleep in. You will be pretty drowsy when you come to.

Let us know how it goes!

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I had all 4 of mine surgically extracted...I was put under with anesthesia as well. The last thing I recall before the actual procedure is the dentist saying count backwards from 100...I got to 95 and was out! Afterwards, I was really groggy and doped up for the first few days with pain killers. I had sutures that dissolved and fell out. I couldn't eat solids for about a week or 2!! Other than that I was good. No major pain afterwards though. I was glad to get them out bc they were growing in at an angle and pushing my teeth forward and
    making them hurt bad.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

The recovery I had after all my 4 were taken out was horrible. The nausea didn't hit me till about 10 minutes or so after I got home and when it did it was pretty bad. I layed down and stayed in the bed the rest of the day. It took about 3-4 days for the swelling to go down. I looked like a chipmunk.. seriously. Then there was the bruises and stuff.

I pretty much only ate those pudding cups and apple sauce for that week. Took awhile to be able to eat real stuff.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast