Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They won!!

• Man O Lantern

They won!!

My daughter's all-star softball team (I'm so proud that she made the team!) won the first game of their tournament. Yesterday's got rained out (Rain in July? Sheesh!)....rescheduled for tomorrow. They beat the toughest team around, which just BLOWS me away!!

We were ahead until the first half of the final inning, and the other team scored five runs. We needed four to tie, but it wasn't looking good. Our two weakest hitters were up first and they were quickly out.

The next hitter gets a double, then steals home when the next girl was up. That girl hits a double, steals third, then the next girl is up and hits a single...then there's an overthrow, so now we have two more runs and a girl on second. Two solid hits later, and a few stolen bases.....and we beat them!!! They called the game when we scored our last run!

I wouldn't have cared if they lost....because my daughter is not all that competitive and she would have been over it pretty quickly, but DAMN. That win felt SO good and I'm SO flipping proud of my daughter (she hit a double and got two RBIs!) and this team.

I started crying when they won!!!

WooHoo!!! I feel like doing this: to random people all night. Which is not good since the kids are gone to my inlaws tonight and we're heading to a friend's birthday party in a few minutes. I am just SO damn happy!

They play tomorrow at 1 p.m. I'm so happy!

Go LIGERS!!!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: They won!!

That's awesome!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• e komo mai

Congrats!

• Man O Lantern

I'm giggling at myself....so flipping excited for a single win. Let me explain.

My daughter is a scholar, with the additional luck of being extremely strong, but not the type you'd meet at school and say, "Damn, I bet she's a fine athlete! I must have her on my kickball team!" She's ten and really into Broadway musicals, she avoids sports at school--opting to walk around during PE and talk with her closest friends, she plays sports and never cares (or even asks) who won the game. She just plays to hang out with her friends.

But at the end of her softball season, she stood out from the rest of her pretty okay team.....she was the best player. The head of the league encouraged her to try out for allstars......she kicked bootie (was the only one to smack the ball waaaaay out there) and made it.

Since starting practice three weeks ago, she's developed SO much as a player that it's like she's not even the same kid. She's slimmed down, freakishly strong, less self-conscious, and has this aura of confidence that this bookish girl lacked before.

She's all of the sudden this buttkicker kid. It's very cool. Not at all what I expected from my Courtney girl.

~Proud Mom

• Zapp's Minion :D

Congrats!!

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Congrats!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• /sigh

Yay!!! Congrats to the girlies!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Um...

Go Courtney Go Courtney Go!!!

She said all she heard was wind, which was insulting, as my phone was in my back pocket...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

That is so extremely awesome! Congratulations to her and to you and good luck with the upcoming games!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow thats sooo fantastic!! How wonderful that softball as given her the opportunity to expand her world and develop into a more confident person!!! Every kid deserves that! Congrats and best of luck in the rest of the games!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

We should start a Jr. Awesome Club. Congrats!!!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Man O Lantern

They won again!

They're the only team that's 2-0, one team is 0-2 (we're playing them tomorrow, so hopefully they'll be 0-3 ), and the other two teams are 1-1, so we're for sure guaranteed a spot in Tuesday night's championship game!!

Very cool!!! Today's game was just as much of a nailbiter.....we were tied at 14, we held them for two innings, then scored a single run to win it. Courtney played really well again, so she was thrilled. Tomorrow she's starting on second base, so she's freaking out a little.....the stakes are getting higher and she gets playing time according to her performance, so she's in big-time tomorrow. I'm so happy for her!!

All that driving around pays off.......finally.

Go Ligers!!!

• Man O Lantern

They won again last night.....but since they pulverized the other team, it wasn't actually that much fun to watch. We had our fourth string pitcher in and everything.

But tonight, we play our regular season rivals, who hire professional coaches!!! They're scary, but we beat them the other night, and they didn't play so hot yesterday, so I'm hopeful!

Go Ligers!!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

That's awesome!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for the stork

That is so wonderful! I am so excited for you and your
    daughter. I am over here smiling the biggest smile for both of you.
    I love the proud mommy stories, Please Keep us posted
    procrastibating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast