• Minion

Did this make your news??

we have the APEC summit happening here in Sydney at the moment, with all the heads of all the Asia and Pacific countires out here (including Bush). All the streets around where the meetings are being held are FENCED off, and there is a total lockdown in the area

We have a television comedy show called the Chaser's War on Everything. They like to try and talk their way into places they aren't supposed to be able to get into. It's a kinda comedy show, kinda like the Daily Show with Jonh Stewart.

This is their latest stunt

"ABC show Chasers War on Everything cast were arrested today after their cavalcade rolled through the heaviest security operation this country has ever seen.

The troope were only stopped when Osama Bin Laden jumped out of their car and started prancing about."

Embarrassed New South Wales police say a comedy team responsible for an elaborate prank that penetrated APEC security risked being shot at.

Comedians from Australia's ABC television organised a mock motorcade carrying a fake Osama Bin Laden that came within metres of President George Bush's hotel.

Funny for some, but not to police, who have charged eleven people over the prank.

The pranksters from hit TV show The Chaser's War on Everything took a bogus three car motorcade past the tightest security screen Australia's ever seen.

The cars were waved through two checkpoints, fooling police all the way to the president's hotel until one of the actors stepped out dressed as Osama Bin Laden.

Eight ABC employees and three hire car drivers have been arrested and charged with entering a security zone.

The Chaser team often target politicians, earlier this week they pursued Australia’s Labour Party leader Kevin Rudd with a stripper.

If police feel any embarrassment over the serious breach of their security system, they are not admitting it.

"11 people have been arrested,” said a police spokesman. “I offer my congratulations to those police officers for their diligent work."

A source inside The Chaser's War on Everything revealed the team had never expected to get so far.

The skit had been approved by ABC lawyers, but it had been assumed they would be stopped at the first checkpoint, hundreds of metres from the President's hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/jp.swf?video_...dh3dJilocX4Ld0
    Last edited by tassie; 09-06-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Did this make your news??

I can't decide if that is funny or scary!! And of course, the fact that they did this means that the news will now be full of copy cat scenarios and people saying that the media reporting things like this only helps the terrorists learn new ways to infiltrate areas thought to be highly secure.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Minion

this is the kinda stuff they normally get up to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr6PRyN07NE

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Minion

Yes! This did make our news in Philadelphia. I thought it was rather funny actually.

• Banned User

Too bad they didn't get shot. There's a difference between funny and just plain stupid. Making a few people at home laugh isn't worth getting shot over.

I saw it infact my in laws are all from sydney and my mother in law is leaving sat. night. her sister a few months back asked if she knew that when she was down there that this conference was going on. we had no news coverage till this incident. A bit off topic. I had a guy come to my party store to get an osama constume to pick up his friend at the airport in. I don't understand why in this day and age people think this is funny...

Yep. It's been all over the news here in the U.S. Pretty big story here too.

• Down Pluto!

NO. The media here in Sacramento have no sense of humor, nor the ability to report anything other than what the current administration dictates. They claim otherwise - but only when you read and watch reportage from outside do you see what the reality is in Tomatotown.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Stupid just isn't funny. I hate this "pushing the envelope" kind of stuff. Jackass... Tom Green.... Borat... Andy Dick.... It has been going on for years and it just is stupidity... not funny. These guys have no true concept of what humor is.

They are lucky to have their body parts intact.