• Original Mice-Chatter

Ok, so I am back- what did I miss?

Camping trip survived- although coming back here to the numerous HUNDREDS of new posts was just overwhelming. So, you guys wanna point me to the juicy stuff? I know you can!

So- what an adventure. Packed the car to bursting- the kids thought that we had an awful lot of stuff- and then I pointed out that we were not only bringing clothes but also our room and bedding and food. Not to mention games and toys and all the various things that go with camping. Especially newbie camping.

All went swmmingly until I got on the highway to get Davis- I was kicking along at about 70 MPH and MY TIRE BLEW OUT! OK- we are talking explosion, NOT a flat. Took out part of my rear bumper with it- had to change to a baby spare on the side of the highway. SCARY! Now I need to find a way to afford some new tires....ugh!

The trip itself went well- managed to cook on open flame all week without much damage. No one got anything more serious than a sunburn- but even that was mostly successfully avoided. Spent each day toasting in the sun- got some decent color too- need to keep adding to it. Kids had a great time- though it was pretty stressful on Rose. She was just tired and overwhelmed by the end of the week and she was very happy to go home.

We are planning another weekend camping trip in August at another lake. This camping thing night become a habit.

Cheers- and nice to see you all again!

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Ok, so I am back- what did I miss?

Camping, ah the good old days. Some of the best times we had as a family, was camping.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Nephy - We missed you! Welcome home, glad you're safe and sound. Glad you guys avoided any major calamities, barring your tire blowout. Those are no fun.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Original Mice-Chatter

yup yup- missed you all too. It was hard being without my internet *sob* but I was ok. Kept pretty busy without it- though when I got bck I just marked it all as read, it was just too much!

I am going to start keeping an eye out for camping supply sales- time to start stocking up on the appropriate things so we can do this more often. It is fun- and once you have the supplies the cost for that kind of fun is minimal.

We are going to Pueblo Lake next month- the kids are jazzed- they have a 5 story water slide that dumps into their lake! Woot woot!

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

Welocome back sweetie.... I missed you. Nothing out of the ordinary to point you to. Check out "What's wrong with being single", we have two couples that have fallen madly in love.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Man O Lantern

Glad you had fun!! I've had a blow-out before, too. Scariest thing, isn't?!??!!?

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Welocome back sweetie.... I missed you. Nothing out of the ordinary to point you to. Check out "What's wrong with being single", we have two couples that have fallen madly in love.
    Oh will you just cut that out??!!! For gosh sakes.....
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Circle of Ancients

Glad you are back........I once had a blowout too(at75mph in heavy traffic).....they are truly scary.......glad you got your baby spare on ok.....when it happened to me it was dark and I put the spare on backwards(now the car wouldn't even go)----the triple A guy looked at me like I was quite possibly the stupidest man alive
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    Oh will you just cut that out??!!! For gosh sakes.....
    Hey, I figuted that since you and Tui had sex, you must have had some emotional commitment. You know you are Tui's type. You are a female with boobies and you like to get drunk.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• insufferable know-it-all

Welcome back!

Check out Wal-Mart as they recently had an inflatable camp bed with frame for like $33. Also Target has some tents on sale for less than $100

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Waiting for the stork

welcome back!!! We missed you.
    I love camping, we alternate our annual vacation Disneyland, Camping, Disneyland, Camping....and on and on....
    I'm glad you had fun.
    procrastibating