Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

9-11-01.....Where Were You When You Heard The News?

The anniversary of 9-11 is upon us once again and I am reminded of that horrific series of events.

I had just returned from taking my 2 children to NYC for their first time. It is my birth place, and, I wanted to take them and show them the city, etc. We had a fabulous 10 days in the city and my children were in LOVE with it, from the first steps in Manhattan. ( My name here is taken from the I Heart New York that you see all of the time on t-shirt, etc.)

The morning of 9-11....My best friend calls our home and asks my husband what I am doing. My hubby says I am sleeping, and she says, "Wake her up...something horrible is happening in New York City!". He woke me and we sat in stunned silence, at the end of our bed, watching the 2nd plane crashing into the WTC. It was horrifying. Seeing people throwing themselves from buildings, and the people running for safety in the streets. The fire trucks barreling down the roads, not knowing what lied ahead for them. That their fate may have been death. Seeing the aftermath in the days to come, with that cloud of smoke lingering in the pit of hell that was once the beautiful Twin Towers, that you could see in the NYC skyline.

That day is forever etched in my memory and even though every day is not 9-11, I do think of that day and the events, from time to time, and never forget the bravery of all of the men, women and children lost on that day in our nation's history.

Never forget..........

Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 09-10-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Re: 9-11-01.....Where Were You When You Heard The News?

Over here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ScarLion View Post
    Over here.
    ??

• Banned User

I was at work, watched it all live on a TV feed on my computer. After the towers fell, we were told to go home, so I did. Watched the rest of the day on TV as well. Won't forget it too soon.

One can go to the Internet Archive's September 11 Television Archive to view or download the complete news coverage from the big 4 networks, as well as the BBC and CNN, for that day and the two days following. All for free.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

About to go to school and watched the other tower get hit in my parent's birthday. I'll never forget that moment.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I had just got up early. Went to the computer room and turned on TV to catch up on the news. The first plane had struck just moments before and the reporters will still trying to figure out what had happened. They were talking about whether or not it was a small plane or maybe a news helicopter. As I continued to watch live as the 2nd plane struck. It was quite horrifying as I played it out in my mind what had just really happened live on TV. It's interesting that I don't remember ever going to work or where I was when the towers collapsed. I know I made it to the office and we all watched on a TV and then closed early and went home, it's that I just don't remember any of the details after the initial shock of what happened.

I've talked about it with my mom and she says she would never forget where she was when JFK was assassinated. I equate 9-11 as the JFK event of this generation.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I was in CO, woke up after it happened. Was on every channel. I was kinda confused... called my dad at wok.
    It was 4 days before I was to start a nanny job in NJ - the parents both worked in NYC. thankfully they were ok. Flew to Newark those 4 days later... I'll never forget the skyline, never forget just how strange it all looked.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Goofy

It was my second week of my senior year in sept of 2001. I was going to my senior english class and then the tv was on and my teacher explaining to us what had happened. It was sad seeing the plane hit the building and falling apart.

Rip to all 911 victims. Peace to all.

• Minion

Blog Entries

freshman year, i was wtaching tv eating some cereal. I was watching a show about the Orsen Wells broadcast of War of the Worlds actually, and my bro came running in and told me. I though he was kidding, trying to freak me out cause the show I was watching, then he grabbed my arm ad drug me into his room...it was on in the living room, his room, my room and my moms room before it really sank in. Then I went to school and we watched the TV all day, freaking out cause we live next to a navel base...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

As a matter of habit when I get ready for work in the morning, I have my music on but I never turn on the TV. That morning was no exception. It wasn't until I got to work that I found out what had happened. At that time I was working in a computer lab in an elementary school. I had several minutes before my first class was to come in, so I went to do some surfing.... and saw something about it on the homepage on the computer. My first thoughts were one of total disbelief. I thought it had to be some kind of April Fools joke... but it wasn't April. Reading a news blurb on a computer made it seem more surreal. My (then) 19 year old daughter was going to school in Fullerton, and as soon as I could get to a phone I called her to see where she was and what she was doing. As soon as she found out, she left the school and went back to her apartment to watch the news on the TV.

One of my other most vivid memories.... where we live we are in the flight path to LAX from the east... if you sit outside at night you see planes flying in the air pretty much constantly. I remember sitting outside, staring at the night sky....my husband came out and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was watching history... because that night.... not a single plane was in the sky...

I still get a chill thinking about it...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

I was at home, and I saw what had happened so I called my mom who was working that morning at a bingo hall, and I told her about it and she was stunned after I saw the second plane crash into the tower. They closed everything early that day.

And of course, if you were at Walt Disney World, you will remember the cast members gathering you up as slowly exiting out the gates or being around Disneyland when the news hit. Both parks, if you remember, were closed. Disneyland for the first time since JFK was assisinated, and WDW for the very first time ever.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I was at home, asleep. It was my first semester of college. I woe up with the news. I attended class regularly. Saw it all over the news at school.

• Wonderful World

I was in my bed and my mom came in and said 2 planes hit the WTC. I didn't think much of it till I saw the second tower implode to the ground. I never thought the buildings could fall because of the plane crash. One of the Saddest days of my life
    I'm back MiceChat

• Banned User

I too was in bed. about 730ish Dad came into my room and said that the towers have been hit. I must not have been alltogether awake because I was kinda out of it. my first thought was "yeah right. must be a joke". I got up and came into the living room and was fixed on the scene unfolding. the first tower was in flames and mere moments later the second tower was hit.

my first response was to ask him what movie was he watching and, well, I did not have to wait for his response. the news reporter said it for him "this is no movie folks, this is real."

for the next part of the day I must have been in shock and numb because i spent the majority of that day in bed crying and scared ****less. I was shaking and just, well, numb.

I also was in shock when I saw the people in the towers jumping out of the windows.

my thoughts were "why the hell isnt anyone trying to help them???????"

there are some who say that in the flames the image of the devil could be seen.

I had many thoughts racing in my mind: who the **** did this to us, what other areas have been affected, is my sister okay(she lives in the san diego area.) I thought to contact her that day, but I figured that the communications channels would be flooded with people trying to get information as to what was going on. I was in fear for their safety.

I wanted to help them and I couldnt, seeing that i live in california, and that day if I had got a plane ticket, by the time I got to new york, it would be/have been too late. I wanted to at least go up into the tower and try to help get the people out. in addition to a feeling of helplessness, seeing the people falling from the windows, it was horrible.

I still have nightmares from that day.

I was asleep,i faked sick and stayed home from school that day.
    I didn't wake up til like 2pm then when I woke up my mom told me about it.
    Dont remember much else about the day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast