Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• me.

annoying children.... and parents

Ok, I love kids... but I was at Red Robin last night and there were these kids, there must have been like twenty of them, and they had just come from a baseball game I guess. It was a whole team and they were so annoying!! I wanted to go over there and give one of them a time out. lol. But the worst thing was that their parents didn't seem to give a s**t that their kids were raising hell in there. And worst of ALL was that they were totally hammered. Drunk... so drunk... with their kids right next to them. I was amazed that people would actually act that way in front of their kids. Well, i just needed rant about it to someone and MiceChat is the perfect place. Am I totally overreacting to this?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: annoying children.... and parents

Ooh, Disneymania, I fear you may be opening up a can of worms with this one. Anything to do with the kiddies seems to become a hot topic around here rather quickly.

I don't feel your overreacting, as a parent it astounds me the number of people who don't properly discipline their children. And as for getting hammered around the little ones? WTF? Get a babysitter and go to the bar, people! Just my opinion, of course, but kids and alcohol don't seem to be a good mix.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Hooterville, USA

When you see unruly kids, point to their parents for their actions.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• me.

ya i couldn't believe it. i wanted to do this:

• Just Me

I agree, that would have totally ticked me off. Even if I am drinking, The Boy somes first. He knows what is expected of him when we are out in public. We frequent Chuy's (in fact he will be with me Thursday night), and he plays inside while I sit outside. He knows the rules and what will happen if he disobeys them. The people who work there adore him, but they also know to tell me if he does something wrong that I can't see. last weekend he was playing with 2 other little boys (who are also regulars) and they got a bit happy with some of the toys. Jen (one of the bartenders/waitresses) told them to clean up their mess and then let me know what had happened. After he was done picking up he was timed out and had to sit in a chair on the patio, he also had to go and apologize to Jen for being disruptive.

I am the type of parent that wants to know if my child is misbehaving, and I don't take offense at being told when it happens. So many paretns out there nowdays do NOT want to hear anything bad about their precious little angels and they will go off on the messenger. It is hard to know when to step in and when to ignore it.

• Minion

LOL...I could just see this. People will see my name and see the title of the thread and think..."oh great, not again!". Don't worry.....

However, like you said, it was probably after a baseball game. Maybe it was a big game too. I've seen rowdy drunk college frat boys at Red Robin, so seeing a baseball team doesn't surprise or really bother me but of course to a certain point. But like I said, it was at Red Robin and maybe the ones I've been to have seemed to always be on the rowdier side.

As for the parents being drunk at a team function....oh soooo wrong. When we bring the kids out to eat I feel so uncomfortable even ordering one beer. My kids are only 1.5 and 3 years old and when they are older, I plan on being putting them through little league and all that stuff and I'll be damned I let parents act like this around my kids.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

It amazes me the rowdy kids and parents ignorance; but far worse is the drinking...Most organized sports be it recreational or school have a zero alcohol policy for obviously the kids, but more so aimed at the parents! With the competitive society we are the last thing needed is drunken parents at thier childs sports game. It kinda takes away the message of team play and building healthy minds and bodies.

• Queen of Randomness

When I'm working at Mountain Mikes there are always children running around screaming or being disruptive. The dining room is not the best place to play tag. Not all the children are that bad but I love it when the parents just sit there and ignore their children.

Children in general have gotten worse, being disrespective and some of the things that come out of their mouths.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Uh, yeah. I was in a store yesterday, surrounded by kids, and the kids behind me kept touching my cart. The dad didn't say anything... then I looked over and his hand was on my cart handle. Um, WTF? I couldn't even get back behind my cart 'cuz they'd schrunched up right behind it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

So often the so called "adults" in charge of children are no more mature or responsible than the children they are suspose to be in charge of. To many people try to be their childs "friend" and not a role model. I work at a high school and it amazes me the things the students will say outloud in my presence without a second thought!!! It's like, hello!!? Adult here!! If I wrote a referal for every cuss word I heard coming out of them I'd spend the day doing nothing but that. Kids are no longer taught respect and responsibility for anything. Thankgoodness there are still some parents who do really try to make a difference in their childrens lives!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

...and come to think of it.... I have met some really wonderful students too. I've worked in education for 25 years and over the years have seen some drastic changes in the behavior of students (and their parents). But for every one that needs to have their mouth washed out with soap, theres another one really trying to learn to be an outstanding citizen. I work with special ed students, and there are a lot of the "regular" students who are very accepting and helpful with our kids, and respectful of authority. One of them even emailed me a hello this summer. It gives hope for humanity. Its just when things happen like DisneyMania talked about it really makes you wonder if the whole world has gone mad!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Queen of Randomness

Speaking of sticky fingers...I was in line at the entrance gate to DL and there was a couple of adults and their children behind me. This little girl that was behind me had opened my backpack that I had on and took something from it. The parents notice and gave it back but what's with the invasion of my person property.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• insufferable know-it-all

OMG! I'd be furious! That child's |this far| from becoming a klepto at that rate!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Rock Star Minion

Hey, anyone telling me when I can't drink in front of my children, and they're going to have a fight on their hands. Just saying, they're my children, and I'm going to protect them from attacks on their parents.
    [post]
    [counterpost]
    [etc.]

No, no, no, YOU were the one who suggested that it was the worst thing was their parents' attitude. I consider that an attack, and I will fight back.

Maybe one day when you are blessed with the most perfect children, you'll understand that it's not cool to attack their parents' drinking habits.

And don't say it was just in jest. I have a sense of humor. Matter of fact, I'm the funniest guy in the world. I just don't take kindly to suggestions that my children's parents be attacked, for any reason.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal
    Speaking of sticky fingers...I was in line at the entrance gate to DL and there was a couple of adults and their children behind me. This little girl that was behind me had opened my backpack that I had on and took something from it. The parents notice and gave it back but what's with the invasion of my person property.
    At least the parents gave it back to you.

For many children, at a certain age, they cannot distinguish what is their's and not theirs. Its not the fault of the parents but then again it also depends on the age. My 3 year old is at that "mine" stage and everything and anything he believes is at his disposal. Responsible parents will try to prevent their children from not touching what is not theirs...notice I used the word "try". If they do get into something that is not theirs like in your case, the parents were responsible enough to give the item back to you. Its all a matter to learning as you go through life. There was no harm done to you and be glad that the parents did show (we hope) their children what they did wrong. I'm sure that the child will be less inclined to do it again...well maybe not immediately but soon enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast