Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    I notice that everywhere I go, kids like me. I don't need to do anything and as they walk by they turn their head and smile and wave. I'm not funny looking or anything, I do have a little redness to my cheeks, don't have a beard but I do have a goatee, and I'm not Michael Jackson. I think I'm Santa Claus. I LOVE Christmas, I love giving, and I love kids.

    An example you ask?
    Ok, take this. This morning at Starbucks this cute little kid is in there with his Mom and brother. As I'm waiting for my coffee, they're heading out. His Mom holds open the door for him but he turns around, comes back to me and holds out his hand. I smile and bend down to shake it but he turns it around and wants to give me five. I turned my hand and he slaps it 3 times, smiles, waves, and walks away. It was the cutest most random thing.

    Ok, so maybe I'm not Santa Claus but maybe I'll never grow up and they sense that. Either way, I love it. Kids are awesome.

    Is it Friday yet????????

  2. #2

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Awww, how cool is that?!!

    I think you would make a great Santa Claus.

  3. #3

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Awww, how cool is that?!!

    I think you would make a great Santa Claus.
    Ho Ho Ho, Thank you!!

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Kids are so funny sometimes. Cal, did you tell him something fun after he gave you high five?

    I wear my "Star Wars" t-shirt to work a lot (it's a vintage looking black t-shirt with "Star Wars" in the font and then spritzed with bleach to look like stars. I figure it's a cute shirt, it shows my nerdness, and if I get paint, bleach or anything on it... it's okay! It looks like it was the way the shirt was!). A little boy came up to me and was like "When I grow up I want to be Dark Vader." And I was like "Dark Vader? Not Darth?" he was like "Dark! He wears black." Apparently he saw my shirt and fell in love with the 6 movies. Kids are rad.

  5. #5

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Kids are so funny sometimes. Cal, did you tell him something fun after he gave you high five?

    I wear my "Star Wars" t-shirt to work a lot (it's a vintage looking black t-shirt with "Star Wars" in the font and then spritzed with bleach to look like stars. I figure it's a cute shirt, it shows my nerdness, and if I get paint, bleach or anything on it... it's okay! It looks like it was the way the shirt was!). A little boy came up to me and was like "When I grow up I want to be Dark Vader." And I was like "Dark Vader? Not Darth?" he was like "Dark! He wears black." Apparently he saw my shirt and fell in love with the 6 movies. Kids are rad.
    No! I didn't get to. He just turned around and walked up to me, did his thing and left. His Mom and I just had big ol smiles. It was really cute.

    That's a cool shirt!

  6. #6

    • Special Member x]
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the wonderful world of Disney, of course!
    Posts
    38

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Aww, that's so cute. x] You would make
    a great Santie Claus! My little sister would smile
    and wave to anyone, even to those she didn't know.
    Creepy, eh? Earlier today, she waved at this guy walking
    on the sidewalk. Luckily... He didn't say anything or wave back.
    [Hehehe...]
    I'm Prince Humuhumunukunukua 'Pua A, Makahiki Malahini Who

  7. #7

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,749

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    I think you would be an awesome Santa Claus.

    Thanks for sharing your high fives.

  8. #8

    • pronounced, Casey Jr. 1
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,714

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I notice that everywhere I go, kids like me. I don't need to do anything and as they walk by they turn their head and smile and wave. I'm not funny looking or anything, I do have a little redness to my cheeks, don't have a beard but I do have a goatee, and I'm not Michael Jackson. I think I'm Santa Claus. I LOVE Christmas, I love giving, and I love kids.

    An example you ask?
    Ok, take this. This morning at Starbucks this cute little kid is in there with his Mom and brother. As I'm waiting for my coffee, they're heading out. His Mom holds open the door for him but he turns around, comes back to me and holds out his hand. I smile and bend down to shake it but he turns it around and wants to give me five. I turned my hand and he slaps it 3 times, smiles, waves, and walks away. It was the cutest most random thing.

    Ok, so maybe I'm not Santa Claus but maybe I'll never grow up and they sense that. Either way, I love it. Kids are awesome.

    Is it Friday yet????????
    how cute!!! mmm? what do you look like???you can work at a disney park!

  9. #9

    • Winter in Oceanside...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,747

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    he turns around, comes back to me and holds out his hand. I smile and bend down to shake it but he turns it around and wants to give me five. I turned my hand and he slaps it 3 times, smiles, waves, and walks away. It was the cutest most random thing.
    That is just adorable! Count your blessings!

    I usually get the little kids smiling at me. The under 5 crowd. They can be fussy and cranky, and I'll look at them a smile and/or wave and they'll start smiling and playing peek a boo. I always think that is weird because even though I'm a teacher and love kids, I am not that easy around the real young kids. I really would not know what to do with them, other than what I do by instinct.

  10. #10

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,755

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Is it Friday yet????????
    Almost! Thank god. This week has sucked.

  11. #11

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    how cute!!! mmm? what do you look like???you can work at a disney park!
    Um.....I sort of look like......Orlando Bloom.

    Nah, just kidding.

    I'm sure there's a picture of me somewhere you can find.

    If Disney paid me what I get paid now then I'd do it for sure but they can't and wont'....

  12. #12

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I'm going to be Santa Claus when I grow up

    Its funny, we grow up and reality hits us. No Santa Claus, no Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, etc. It sucks!
    Don't you wish we were blind to it and just one Christmas morning you would wake up to find presents you didn't buy under your tree? Or $5 for Timmy's molar under his pillow that you didn't put there.

Similar Threads

  1. I Believe In Santa Claus
    By tiggerfan in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 08:50 PM
  2. A Mother's Letter to Santa Claus
    By BFJen in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 04:35 AM
  3. Santa Claus, the man, the myth, the legend.
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 10:36 AM
  4. A history of Santa Claus
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 07:39 PM
  5. YES! There IS a Santa Claus!
    By DMof2 in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •