Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jobs

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Re: Jobs

Computer non geek - mostly PC networking and support. I do some DVD mastering, especially for our church. Side business is much the same; just trying to earn enough to keep paying for Premium APs!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I spent the last 9 years as a bill collector for Bally Total Fitness and Onyx Acceptance Corp. Since Feb, I've been taking advantage of some much needed time off with my daughter. This is the first time since she was born that I have been unemployed. And I freaking love it. I'll be re-entering the work force soon enough, but I'm really making the most off the vacation.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• off in lala land

I dance at the local strip club to earn my buck. I keep it clean with my clothes on. Ppppphhhuuulllleeeeaaaazzzeeeeee.....

Really, I work to protect your investment in the ever exciting financial industry.
    ...it's been a long time.

•   
    • Minion

Temp work right now... I am in between Wine Marketing jobs...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I have two jobs, both part time (although technically one of them is full time according the the paperwork I just signed for wage option). I've been an instructional assistant for about 25 years, currently 22 years with the local school district. Right now I'm working with the handicapped students in the special ed department and really enjoy it. I feel like I'm getting paid to hang out with the students. My other job is as a monitor tech at the local hospital, where I watch the heart monitors between answerng 5 phone lines, inputing doctors orders from charts into the computer, putting medication orders on the med sheets, filing, geting yelled at by nurses, geting yelled at by doctors when something someone else didn't do gets noticed.... yeah... guess which job I prefer... but I need both to survive.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Silly me

In a castle far away from Cali....sad I know

I am a college student. (I'm getting my teaching degree this year YAY). I am also a nanny for a fabulous couple. I love love love my job!
    Back to school back to school, to prove to dad Iím not a fool I have my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight I hope I donít get in a fight oh back to school....

• Wasn't Me!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i was a teacher for several years before my son was born & somehow i am now a photographer. i'm still trying to figure out how it happened i work for a studio in manhattan beach. http://www.lacoplen.com
    OMG!!! I didn't even think of it until I saw your website!! You were one of our final choices to do our committment ceremony!!! We did all of our research online and you were one of the final 3!! But then we got an offer from a photographer that we couldn't refuse!! But that is so cool!! We love your work!!

• More Than Meets The Mouse

I am an actor, although I dont work as often as I would like to... lol.

To make real money for the moment though I am an Administrative Assistant for a Property Management Company during the day and 3 nights a week I KJ at a bar.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• The one on the left.

I work for a mutual fund servicing company. I started out in the accounting area doing administration work for one of our clients (paying expenses, calculating total returns, working on budgets for the funds, etc.). From there I transferred into IT for a few years and recently transferred back to the accounting area.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• Colorado Bound?

Until recently I was a Sr Lead Software Quality Assurance Engineer working for the UC on contract to the Gummint. Current work is very interesting but I'm looking to get back into SQA.

• Minion

I was a transportation planning analyst for one of the counties out here in Southern California. I managed a $30mil program for the county that assisted cities to repair roads and provide better mobility. I also coordinated and planned workshops for politicians and other gov't employees on everything there is to know about government funding and how to obtain $ for their cities/agencies. I also worked a little with GIS.

But right now I'm at home with my kids and I have to say, that is a lot harder than working.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I work for an appraisal management company. We're the middleman between the mortgage brokers and the actual appraisers. We'll get an order for an appraisal from a broker, then assign it to one of the appraisers that work with us and we split the fee with them. It's always busy but in a good way. And I get on great with the two girls I work with. We manage to have fun despite the workload. It's a home office right now, so we wear whatever we want. Eventually we want to move into a regular office and hire more people because we keep getting busier and busier as we offer coverage in more states. When that happens, I'll be the office manager and supervise the guinea pigs we bring in.

Wow. You guys/gals have some interesting jobs!

A little about mine: When network television stations use music of any capacity on their programs, they need to pay royalties to the proper societies (i.e. ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc). Among other services, the company I work for provides clearance and accounting work to several hundred stations. My job as client services representative consists of working with said stations in keeping painstakingly accurate records of music usage and program information as well as ensuring that all licenses are up to currently in effect and paid. The pay is low, but the job can be interesting and the people in this small company are nice. Overall, it's not a particularly stressful job, although there is a lot of data entry involved and that can be tiring.

Next fall I return to graduate school to work on my real career... can't wait!

• That's Hawt

I work as a Reservations Sales Agent ... I get to be yelled at by people I don't know over the phone all day... It's AWESOME! But I actually like the people and the company I work for a ton. Destination Hotels and Resorts is a pretty good company to work for in the hospitality industry and they are union friendly which is pretty uncommon.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymus Prime
    I am an actor, although I dont work as often as I would like to... lol.

To make real money for the moment though I am an Administrative Assistant for a Property Management Company during the day and 3 nights a week I KJ at a bar.
    And I can vouch for his KJing.......the boy can SAAAAAAAAAAAANG. But he's only supposed to be doing that 2 nights a week....did they give you ANOTHER night there MP?
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast