Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jobs

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Jobs

I searched but couldnt find a thread about this. If there is I apologize.

I was just curious what everyone did to make a buck in this world.

Me - I work for a commercial property management company. None of us has a title per se but my area is doing the computer drafting (with close to 50 tenants and 27 buildings, things change often so I keep our CAD files up to date etc). Plus on top of that I'm the back-up phone answerer so when my coworkers are tied up I deal with the tenants and their issues.

It has its plusses and minus'. I do get to work out of my boss' home which means I can wear what I want (t-shirt and shorts right now) and work a straight 8.

So whaddaya do??

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Jobs

I'm a "career development consultant" (assistant recruiter) for a 13-office real estate operation.

I like it, it beats the pants off selling life insurance, which is what I did before. But eventually I will go into selling real estate.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

I work in a call center for a cell phone company.

• Puppy Cuddles

Right now I'm doing a summer job, but usually I work on campus in institutional research. We keep statistics for my college and run reports for people interested in knowing how well hispanic students are doing in a certain class versus the rest of the population or how many white history majors are taking a certain English class.

It sounds boring, but I love the job because I get to wear what I want and they are more than happy to work around my school schedule, like if I'm bogged down by a paper, they'll give me some time off.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• /sigh

Man, my job is so conveluted right now, it's hard to put in words what I do without sounding incredibly dull or pretentious. I work for one of the largest mortgage co. and am currently in HR, working with our new payroll implemention we just transitioned to this past month. So, title? They still have me as HRIS Technician...will soon be changed to Payroll Technician. And what do I do exactly? Pretty much press a bunch of very important buttons and levers that lets all the happy employees get paid.

Exciting stuff, I know.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Man, my job is so conveluted right now, it's hard to put in words what I do without sounding incredibly dull or pretentious. I work for one of the largest mortgage co. and am currently in HR, working with our new payroll implemention we just transitioned to this past month. So, title? They still have me as HRIS Technician...will soon be changed to Payroll Technician. And what do I do exactly? Pretty much press a bunch of very important buttons and levers that lets all the happy employees get paid.

Exciting stuff, I know.
    what do you use for HR software?

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    what do you use for HR software?
    PeopleSoft. ...now for our inhouse payroll as well.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

My main job to pay the bills is working for a medical billing company. I basically figure out why an insurance company denied a claim and argue with them to try and get it paid. Right now it is really boring and tedious.

On the weekends I do marketing research for Buena Vista Pictures.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• I like Cheese...

I work for initech (http://www.techcomedy.com/www.redswinglinestapler.com/).
    Well, not really but it could be. I work for a large (huge) software company. My official title is "Sr. Product Manager" I do lots of meetings and answer lots of e-mail.

• Minion

I'm a Student at CSUF or Cal State Disneyland! and also work part time as a computer operator for a financial investment firm

I'm a stagehand. I work for two local theaters, permanent part-time.

I love it because I get to be backstage all the time! I have seen some really great shows come through though for the concerts I usually have to make special arrangements; they don't always like us watching.

It's a technical job. We have power tools on occasion. I'm *not* sitting at a desk all day!

Down side? Not as many hours or as steady work as I'd like.

• Wasn't Me!

I work for Volt Information Sciences. We are an international placement agency. I am the Employee Relations Coordinator. Basically that means I keep the 600 contractors in my branch happy! I do new hire orientation, deal with payroll issues, process holiday pay and bonuses and anything else that keeps the contractors working.

• Banned User

Computer programmer.

Today's big accomplishment was modifying a call to an exe to reduce the number of parametes I was passing in (the guy on the other end, who's code I'm calling handled the code change on how to get the info from another source to remove hard coding of info.) Oh, and I added an "if" statement and a couple method calls based on the result. AND.... I attended an hour meeting on how we don't change code without telling the downstream people.... And ummm.. Yeah, that's about it.

• CM for 4 years!

Both fortunately and unfortunately, I am a hostess at the Blue Bayou in DL! It's great because I"m a cast member and I'm sharing in the 50th anniversary, but I sure do wish I had a real job. And by real job, I mean one that pays enough for rent.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

I work data entry in a large company in southern california. Disneyland is only an hour away from where I work. YeeHa!!
    Last edited by CaraGoCeltica; 07-18-2005 at 09:42 PM. Reason: too much personal info
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast