Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

iPod - What do you use yours for?

I recently bought myself the 160GB iPod Classic and I find that I bought it just in time for a very specific reason.

I just started going to the dentist for some root canal work last Thursday and all I can say is THANK GOD for my iPod! I having a small sort of panic attack at the dentist office when I was first there (getting novacaine, shots, x-rays, and this other weird and gross procedure that took a mold of my teeth for the crowns I'm getting soon). I had my iPod on when they first started giving me the shots and I was listening to regular songs I had on there but that wasn't really doing the trick for keeping me calm. I was shaking, my eyes were watery, and I was stiff as steel but then I started looking at all my songs and the Adventures Through Inner Space soundtrack popped up so I listened to it. Wow, I totally calmed down with the Disneyland soundtracks. I was very in tune with the "music" and ended up listening to the Audio Library of Disneyland on my iPod. I was completely calm and ok with the work being done to my mouth by listening to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the Enchanted Tiki Room, Splash Mountain, and others.

I have to go back again this Thursday afternoon for the rest of the procedure on my teeth and then again Tuesday (of next week) and I know the thing I will be taking for sure will be my iPod video.

So, do any of you guys use your iPods for weird stuff like that?

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Re: iPod - What do you use yours for?

I mainly use my Ipod inbetween classes (My day on campus is REALLY spread out this semester), and for exercise.. it really helps me keep my endurance up and makes the time go by faster when I am working out...
    <3 Chloe

• Senior Minion

I use my ipod when i'm driving because all the stuff on adult contemporary radio these days is the stuff i'm trying to avoid on the top40 stations.

I also use it when I go walking, because I need a good beat to fast-walk to.

I my ipod.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Banned User

I plug mine in to my MP3 jack when I'm driving. when I'm at school going to my next class, I also put my buds in and listen to a song or two during that time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I use it when crafting. Sorta' gets me to focus. Also I use it when I walk the dog. She is hyper and so hyper music works. And I play sorta' non-preschool appropriate music right before I have to go into work.

• This space for rent

When I first got my Shuffle it was to help me relax and calm down during panic attacks. Now I mostly use it for exercising, when I'm cleaning the house, or out in the garage working on my bike. I usually have it in my pocket when at a theme park too, comes in handy when I'm waiting to meet someone.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Great idea, E626! I have more major dental work to be done next month and I think I will borrow your idea.

• no flash photography...

we have one. I think I have used it twice. Sometimes we use it in the car for car trips. Mostly it sits unused.

I guess I could use it when I got to the gym, but it's easier to just use my phone. It has ear phones also and if I get a call it comes through the ear phones.

I've got a 60 gig iPod Video. I use it for everything. I go for walks in the country, I listen to it while I drive. I show off family pics to my co-workers with it. I load it up with movies before I go on vacation. It never leaves my side.

I want to upgrade to the 160, so I can have more music and films on it (I have about 100 gig of music alone on a separate hard drive)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have a 4GB Nano. I use it when I work out and in the car for long drives (I have a RoadTrip FM transmitter).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I have a 4GB Nano. I use it when I work out and in the car for long drives (I have a RoadTrip FM transmitter).
    Is that similar to an iTrip? Those iTrip's eat up your battery life like crazy! Watch out.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I've got a 60 gig iPod Video. I use it for everything. I go for walks in the country, I listen to it while I drive. I show off family pics to my co-workers with it. I load it up with movies before I go on vacation. It never leaves my side.

I want to upgrade to the 160, so I can have more music and films on it (I have about 100 gig of music alone on a separate hard drive)
    I have a 60 gig also. I think it's 1/8 full right now...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I use mine in the car, have speakers for it in the kitchen, take it with me when I go out walking (and in theory to the gym ), and take it when I travel for those long airport waits. I'm about ready to upgrade my old Mini, I think, maybe for Christmas.
    A signature should go here.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Great idea, E626! I have more major dental work to be done next month and I think I will borrow your idea.
    You're welcome and you'll be happy when you take it with you if you're a scaredy cat at the dentist like I am.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I have a RoadTrip FM transmitter.
    I want something like that for my car but I am not too interested in using an FM transmitter. That's the one where you set an FM station that's not being used, right? I had that on my second satellite radio system on my last car and I had one station set for when I was around my neighborhood but whenever I drove out of the Inland Empire into Orange or LA County, I'd have to find another station to use because the original station I was using had a real music station and it totally interrupted my satellite.

• Ravenclaw

I use my 80G for music (obviously), but also as a disk to save show files from the Wholehog lighting consoles. I also use it to store digital pictures I take of stuff for work then upload onto our computers.

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast