Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I need an easy costume for Mickey's Halloween party at WDW. Any suggestions?

We will be attending MNSSHP at WDW next week. Before that we will be on a cruise. We use carry on luggage because we fly stand-by and never know if we will make a flight, so our luggage needs to stick with us. I mention that because we don't have a lot of room for clothes and the costume we pick must not have a lot of "stuff" to go with it.

This is short notice, I know, but I'm not working this week and have time to hunt around stores for what we need. My family consists of my husband, me and our two sons, 7 and 11. I would love to do a theme if possible. Since it may be hot in Florida, a light weight costume would be great. My husband suggested The Wiggles, even though my boys are too old for that. It would be an easy costume, just a long sleeved shirt and black pants. But does any one have an idea on how to get their logo on the shirt?

We all have Harry Potter robes, except for my husband. My two boys have Jedi robes, I have a Princess Leia outfit and my husband had Obi Won(sp?) outfit, but we have done that before. Pirates would be a good theme, but how much would you need to make it look good?

Anyway, I have some stuff to fall back on but would love to hear any suggestions you might have. Thanks so much for your replies. I'll update you all on what we choose and post pictures when we get back if you care to check back.

Oh, and Happy Halloween! Boo to you!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: I need an easy costume for Mickey's Halloween party at WDW. Any suggestions?

To get the logo on the shirt you could find a picture of it on the web, put it on your computer, and print it out on t-shirt transfer paper that you iron onto the shirt. I've done that several times. Not sure if that type of use is a copyright violation of any kind but... :

And for ultra simple nothing beats a sheet tossed over your head as a ghost. Yeah, very unoriginal, but very simple.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: I need an easy costume for Mickey's Halloween party at WDW. Any suggestions?

Or you could just go as tacky tourist, a trip to the thrift store should be enough to provide the costume.

• most magical vaca ever

My all time fav...

Tape a quarter to your back and viola- Instant Quarter Back
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Mouse-ears and nametags and say your the class of 2007 mouseketeers.

"I'm a homicial maniac, we look just like everyone else!" -- "The Addams Family"

• DL Nerd

put a garbage bag on yourself.. tape it .. fill it up with newspaper so it's all stuffed. put on glasses and a go as a
    "blind date"

Or wear a long robe / With a german shirt. bring a long staff with you and go as a "German Shepard"
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Jersey + athletic pants or shorts = player on back of jersey costume! Bonus points if you already look like said athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    To get the logo on the shirt you could find a picture of it on the web, put it on your computer, and print it out on t-shirt transfer paper that you iron onto the shirt. I've done that several times. Not sure if that type of use is a copyright violation of any kind but... :
    Thanks pen, I think I'll stop by Michaels tomorrow and look for some transfer paper.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Or you could just go as tacky tourist, a trip to the thrift store should be enough to provide the costume.
    That's so funny because that is what my husband suggested. Great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude View Post
    Jersey + athletic pants or shorts = player on back of jersey costume! Bonus points if you already look like said athlete.
    They do that every Friday around here for the Steelers.

Thanks you guys for your suggestions. Only two more days to get this ready. I can do it!

• Directly directed

Collette from Ratatouille. Just need a chef shirt and white pants. You can buy various cooking accessories when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Collette from Ratatouille. Just need a chef shirt and white pants. You can buy various cooking accessories when you get there.
    That is such a good idea! I could even get a toy Remy from the Disney Store to carry around. Thanks Alice!

• Banned User

I laughed when I saw these and there cheap. do you have a Hastings?

No, we don't have a Hastings around here, but we do have a few Halloween stores. Thanks for your suggestions though.

• Banned User

Nancy, what did you decide to dress up as?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Mouse-ears and nametags and say your the class of 2007 mouseketeers.
    That's a cute idea!!

My boys are 8 and 13 and I know they'd both roll their eyes at the thought of the wiggles Do either of your boys play sports or are in scouts? When we needed a last minute costume for my oldest once we did his face like a zombie and he wore his scout uniform and we put weeds and stuff in his hair, he was a zombie boy scout Everyone at the party loved it.

I like the jedi idea for the boys, that's always an easy one and boys always like being jedis!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast