Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: L.A. Can't Drive

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    This thread is like Chicken Soup for the LA Driver's Soul.
    Now that's a perfect description!

The other day while driving back home from work I almost got hit by some fool who decided to be a stunt driver and make a left turn right in front of me! Illegal move since there are NO LEFT TURNS allowed on that street between 4pm - 6pm!

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    I love it when a car cuts me off, zooms off...and then we STILL get stuck at the same red light. Except I didn't endanger lives and waste gas.
    On my drive to work, we have a stop light about every mile. One morning I had one of those jackrabbits in front of me, in a jacked-up truck, and every light he stopped, and I caught up to him. I laughed. I doubt he noticed. Not quite sure what he thought he was accomplishing.

I think most of the bad drivers don't actually think about what they're doing, or what they hope to accomplish. They're just driving, please don't ask them to think.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Yeah...I'm cool

I drove home through Korea town (Up Vermont to Los Feliz) everyday for 4 years. I can never drive that route agin, I always make my wife drive it.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    I drove home through Korea town (Up Vermont to Los Feliz) everyday for 4 years. I can never drive that route agin, I always make my wife drive it.
    thats a drive I have to live, luckily through the phone when a certain someone gets off work everyday

my condolences
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    On my drive to work, we have a stop light about every mile. One morning I had one of those jackrabbits in front of me, in a jacked-up truck, and every light he stopped, and I caught up to him. I laughed. I doubt he noticed. Not quite sure what he thought he was accomplishing.

I think most of the bad drivers don't actually think about what they're doing, or what they hope to accomplish. They're just driving, please don't ask them to think.
    Oh, no, I DO ask them to think. I WANT them to figure it out JUST so I can see the look on their faces.

After the second or third red light, I calmly cruise up next to "Mr. Zoom To The Next Red Light" and beep, and wave & smile. If their windows are down, I'll even toss in a "Gee, Look at that! We got that green light at the same time!"

Ain't I a stinker?

Drive smarter, not harder. The Rabbits constantly change lanes into the one that is moving faster at the moment, but it's going to stop in 10 seconds as three people try to make it move faster... I read the traffic patterns a half-mile ahead and get into the lane that will move better over the long term.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

I'm with you, Bruce! Absolutely. It's funny; biking has made me a much calmer driver, and significantly more cognizant of how it feels to be behind the wheel.

Something about getting in a car brings out aggression. Even in me, who have never really been an aggressive driver. But how many times do we feel anger at the guy merging who does something stupid to try to get in front of us, or who changes lanes a zillion times, or whatever?

It's a little weird.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Beep Beep!

I work with an idiot who drives one of those Lancer EVO things and comes into work every morning and *brags* about how many street races he had on his commute! This tool is going to slaughter a family one day and doesn't seem to get a clue.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• DL Nerd

I hope nobody here.... *looks around*

Flips anybody off.... Thats rude and uncalled for (even when you think it is)
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Goofy

Everyone is pretty much rude these days.

• Senior Minion

Northern Cal isn't too far behind L.A. and not just the drivers. The roads aren't built fast enough to accommodate the growth and nearby "sleeper" cities and towns. Most of HWY 99 should have been three to four lanes- 10 years ago.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    YES! And high beam you like you're doing something wrong! As if the person wants to go any faster and has a death wish and wants to create possible havoc.

I love it when a car cuts me off, zooms off...and then we STILL get stuck at the same red light. Except I didn't endanger lives and waste gas.
    you know? drivers do that to me both on the 395 heading up to bishop and on the 14/5 heading down to anaheim. now granted they cant hear me unless I get along side them and roll down my window, I mouth the words in the rearview mirror "yes I can see your highbeams. they look good. they work very well. i see them blink-blink- blink-blink" and keep going.

I agree. their acting like total *******s and tailgating and flashing their lights at me isnt going to make me go any faster. something else that bothers me is when I try to do a good deed and not continue the gridlock pattern that seems to be a constant on the freeway. you know that phenomenon? one lane tightens up and the cars all either come to a dead stop while the other lanes the traffic is flowing like nobodys business? then when the lane you are in starts going again, slowly at first, you try to keep from making matters worse by getting too close to the car in front of you but you kinda have to because the car in the other lane next to you IS NOT USING THEIR DAMN TURN SIGNAL AND IS PUSHING OR TRYING TO PUSH THEIR WAY INTO YOUR LANE!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on now folks. cant wait a few moments and use a little common courtesy here????? there are two extremes of thought here----hurryup and stop, and slow(and tailgating and headlight flashing) but flowing traffic.

even though I am sure it pisses off the other drivers I prefer the other extreme of thought. my reason is I prefer not to stare at the bumper stickers for 15-20(sometimes 30-45 minutes) on the car in front of me. I WANT TO GET TO MY DAMN DESTINATION AND I WANT TO GET THERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• When Will It Return?

If you don't like how I drive - get off the sidewalk.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Well, I'll have to buck the trend and say that I've seen very few rude or unskilled drivers on the freeways of Los Angeles. It seems to me that we're just all doing our best to get where we are going.

Admittedly, though, I avoid freeway travel whenever I can... which is most of the time.

I have noticed, though, that Los Angeles drivers are the horniest!! (Get your mind out of the gutter!) They honk and honk and honk. What's interesting is why they honk. It's seldom a matter of safety or "rules of the road." It's more often that not, an expression of "I don't like what you just did and I'm registering my disapproval!" Or "Get outta my way! How dare you cause me to tap my brakes!"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12