Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    Geez Darkbeer, why must every single thread stay perfectly on topic with absolutely no having fun and telling jokes? Besides, if you just told me what your job is and how you are able to spend so much time in the parks, I would stop bothering you about it. You could even do it a PM if you are embarressed to say it publicly.
    There is a difference between joking and having fun, and PURPOSELY taking a thread off track....

I prefer to keep my personal life private and off the boards... I have not been bothered by your posts...

No worries, the comments had NOTHING to do with you, Tech Disney....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I like Cheese...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Uhm.. Why did the moderators suddently get full reputation? Doesn't this kind of throw the reputation system out of wack?
    I don't think it was that sudden, and not all of them are maxed out, Evil Minion for one, as of now. They run the site and post a lot, I think it is to be expected that they get a lot of reputation thrown their way...

Updated. I just noticed that there are a few others that are not maxxed out. I think it is working fine....
    Last edited by Whatever; 02-12-2005 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Discovered new info on the subject

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    I have left bad rep once, to someone I don't know, because every post was mean spirited and hateful... but it was not you TMH.
    I think it was me that you gave the bad rep to, it was pretty cheap and undeserved. Most of the people that read those took them as they were meant to be percieved (as a joke and lightly) and gave me pretty positive feedback!

• I hate Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    I think it was me that you gave the bad rep to, it was pretty cheap and undeserved. Most of the people that read those took them as they were meant to be percieved (as a joke and lightly) and gave me pretty positive feedback!
    She's not the only one who must not understand your special brand of humor. I've been tempted to do the same. It's tasteless to solicit rep, and equally so to berate someone publicly. Take it to the mods.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    Well, that is the right of every poster to give bad rep where they feel they deserve it. The alternative is to have a moderater give you their level of bad reputation so you end up in the litter box. Maybe bad reputation is a way to get you to realize that your posts aren't coming acrossed the way you have intended them.

In the meantime, please lay off of other posters and bring things to the attention of a moderator.

• Banned User

some people give you rep for the stupidest things.. the other people... (somewhat like me) give rep out for serious things.. somteimes joking... but those are positive.. I only give negs to those who deserve them..... (and i think they system works well... mods do a lot of posting.. more than myself(who is not a mod...).... hehe *looks around*

• Differently clued

I'm curious if it goes the other way: if someone that has a lot of clout gives you negative rep, does it devastate your score? If not, how many points does it usually deduct?
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith157
    I'm curious if it goes the other way: if someone that has a lot of clout gives you negative rep, does it devastate your score? If not, how many points does it usually deduct?
    Yep. If I have a power of 50 points, giving Pos. give 50, Neg. takes 50 away. Quite power. (That can be over ridden by Admins at any time!)

EDIT: Found out differently. Negative only dumps half away, not the full value. (Admins Excluded)
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 02-12-2005 at 10:55 PM.
    -Monorail Man

• Differently clued

Sweeeeeeeeet. Thanks for the clarification.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Banned User

I try to be somewhat conservative with giving reputation. If we all simply give it out indiscriminately, good or bad, then it really just dilutes it and strips it of any relevance. Looking at someone's reputation score to see if they're a positive member here is a pretty useful ability to have. Otherwise, if itís just thrown out all willy nilly, then it should probably just be eliminated.

Requiring comments probably would be a good idea, though. Accountability is always good, and requiring a poster to actually stop and write out justification would probably help preserve itís meaning and eliminate the habit of ďrep bombing.Ē

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    I don't think it was that sudden, and not all of them are maxed out, Evil Minion for one, as of now. They run the site and post a lot, I think it is to be expected that they get a lot of reputation thrown their way...
    Oh, okay. I don't mind if people actually give them that reputation, but the sudden explosions of green bars under people's avatars this week had me suspicious.

• Sock Puppet

I say big deal all together? If someone basis their legitamacy as an opinionated individual on disney topics by how many green squares are under their avatar...there is a serious problem. If you get bad rep, that is because someone didn't like what you had to say. I realized this, makes sense, moved on. Just enjoy the site!

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Oh, okay. I don't mind if people actually give them that reputation, but the sudden explosions of green bars under people's avatars this week had me suspicious.
    Just a guess, but I think there was a lot of rep going both ways on the stroller thread. Probably still is...

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    I am so paranoid about getting a bad rep point that I keep my mouth shut. I try to stay away from controversy and never speak my mind. I am going to be devistated the first time I get a red mark.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I havn't got one yet, but it will prob come soon for me if not not later!!!!!

*BDK crossed his fingers and prays not to get one!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast