Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

I got two, and while I don't feel i deserved them, I can see how people would be offended. Especially if they are the uncreative people I was insulting... ok, i might have deserved it... but still, my opinion wasn't changed and I'll continue to share my opinion, even if it gets me thrown in the litter box.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    I am so paranoid about getting a bad rep point that I keep my mouth shut. I try to stay away from controversy and never speak my mind. I am going to be devistated the first time I get a red mark.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

• Zapp's Minion :D

I am so paranoid about getting a bad rep point that I keep my mouth shut. I try to stay away from controversy and never speak my mind. I am going to be devistated the first time I get a red mark.
    Dito, I keep my mouth shut and stay out of everyone's way

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I don't think that anyone should get bad rep for just expressing your opinion..

For example, someone saying, I disagree with Al on the point about ****, I think it is a great idea.... Is a very valid point, and no one should complain.

On the other hand, someone who posts that "Al is the biggest jerk around, all he does is hate on Disney" is just plain WRONG!!!! AL does care about Disney, and likes a lot about it...

If I ran into the two above posts, on the first one, I might share my opinion on why I agree with Al, the poster, or maybe a bit of both...

The second one, I probably wouldn't give bad rep, but reply in the thread why the slam on Al was wrong.... If the poster continued to just "slam" Al, without responding to the response, then I would more than likely give out some bad rep. FYI, I have not given any out yet, and hopefully never will have to. But I have given out positive rep for good posts or comments
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Don't be too paranoid about it. Sometimes you get positive rep, sometimes negative. As long as the positives out weigh the negative, you really don't have a problem.

The key is to be just a bit more good than evil.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I hate Mondays

I agree with Darkbeer- if a poster is just stating their opinion and I disagree, I can post my rebuttal. I think I would only give out bad rep if the person was behaving in an obnoxious or troll-like manner.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Exactly. If someone is being a troll, trying to derail a thread, making personal attacks on someone, then negative rep is probably earned.

Sometimes people can't make that distinction and may give negative rep for something you say. But you may also find that someone else gives you positive rep for making a stand on a difficult issue.

It really does work out in your favor as long as you aren't trolling the line (so to speak).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

as I previosly said in another thread, I really do like this method of self-moderation rather than having uptight moderators who jump in at the smallest sign of a problem and use their edit or delete post functions.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    I have left bad rep once, to someone I don't know, because every post was mean spirited and hateful... but it was not you TMH.

That is not very nice to say. Surfedupdane's posts are not hateful.
    Grouchy grandmas are a reality.

• Sock Puppet

Thank you Star Speeder. and you are correct, the term hateful is pretty strong, and is mainly reserved for people who have either: no sense of humor, no appreciation for observational comedy, or the inability to realize what is going on around them. Grouchy grandmas, motorized cart mayhem and the people that drive them are both very real problems in the park. If you are yet to experience either of these, you either have been there very few times, or you are too busy being one of them yourself!
    Happy Valentines Day to you all!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    as I previosly said in another thread, I really do like this method of self-moderation rather than having uptight moderators who jump in at the smallest sign of a problem and use their edit or delete post functions.

wait... V bulliten ha that feature for mods & admins.... hmmm..... (looks at own boards which i rarely do anything except post here and there..) wow... i never used that before...

(except once with a "spammer.. AKA troll")

This system really rocks... shows who is popular and who is not popular... :devil:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

So in my User CP there are two green comments and one purple or blue comment.

I take it the green is good, but is the other negative, or just pending?

Is it red if it is negative? The FAQ doesn't say.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• I hate Mondays

The blueish one is from someone without enough posts to give actual rep, but I appreciate getting those as well. I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading somewhere around here that the negs are red.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Wendy. I was getting a little worried...
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• I hate Mondays

I can't imagine anyone giving you negative rep, Demi!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast