View Poll Results: Favorite Brand of popcorn

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orville Redenbacher

    20 66.67%
  • Act II

    2 6.67%
  • Pop Secret

    2 6.67%
  • Jolly Time

    2 6.67%
  • other

    4 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,749

    What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    Is there a particular brand of popcorn that's absolutely your favorite?

    I love popcorn and I love the Orville Redenbacher brand.

  2. #2

    • I'm baaaaccckkk!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    I prefer to make my own popcorn so I can control the salt and various spices--- but as far as store-bought, Orville is the best. I like Movie-Theatre style.
    <3 Chloe

  3. #3

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    Orville Redenbacher -- the official popcorn of Disneyland!

  4. #4

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,910

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    I'm an Orville kinda guy too. Only place I really eat popcorn is at a theater though. So whatever they serve.

  5. #5

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    My husband likes the Act II, so that's what we usually have - personally, I like movie popped popcorn. My neighbor has a popcorn machine and always brings me over little bags of it.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  6. #6

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    My husband likes the Act II, so that's what we usually have - personally, I like movie popped popcorn. My neighbor has a popcorn machine and always brings me over little bags of it.
    We own a movie theatre type popcorn machine. Back when my father was practicing medicine -- he was a family practitioner -- he would get all sorts of cool gifts from the specialists he referred his patients to. I remember him getting a Walkman the first year it came out -- it cost $200 back then! If only I knew where it was now...

    But one of the things he (we) got was a movie theatre popcorn machine. And it was even better because my brother's girlfreind worked at a movie theatre at this time and she would bring home bags of the special salt they use on their popcorn. (It's not ordinary salt -- it's a special formulated mixture specifically sold to movie theatres). When we would have parties, out would come the popcorn machine. Delicious!

  7. #7

    • Incognito
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    49

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    I grew up on Jolly Time WHITE popcorn that my dad would pop. Best.popcorn.ever, just ask anyone of my friends and family that were lucky enough to have some.

    Used the same pan since probably 1945. Used to use bacon grease but that changed to oil. Add 1/2 butter, 1/2 Imperial margarine with a dose of salt.

    Maybe the use of bacon fat contributed to his heart disease

  8. #8

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,633

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    These days I like Orville. I totally miss cooking Jiffy Pop over the stove when I was a kid though.

  9. #9

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Debate Lounge Dummy : )
    Posts
    11,113

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    Orville Light ...I eat it at home and at the drive in sometimes.

  10. #10

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,910

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    These days I like Orville. I totally miss cooking Jiffy Pop over the stove when I was a kid though.
    I bought some of that cook over a flame Jiffy Pop. I may be too old but it just isn't the same. Amused the kids though.

  11. #11

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Debate Lounge Dummy : )
    Posts
    11,113

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    ^ You did put it on the stove top and not in the microwave didn't ya?



    My twins have their first apartment this year and they called to tell me there were flames in their microwave one night. They forgot that metal doesn't go in microwaves!

  12. #12

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    I don't know if this counts, but when I want popcorn, I will usually drive to Target for popcorn and a drink for $1.00. That is my favorite brand.
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  13. #13

    • This space for rent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    653

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    Newman's Own is my favorite brand of popcorn for chowing down on at home.

    http://www.newmansown.com/product_list.cfm?cat_id=4

  14. #14

    • Colorful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon
    Posts
    4,583

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    I don't like microwave popcorn. As far as kernels it's Orville for me. I love the taste of home-made popcorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

  15. #15

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,749

    Re: What is your favorite brand of Popcorn?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    We own a movie theatre type popcorn machine. Back when my father was practicing medicine -- he was a family practitioner -- he would get all sorts of cool gifts from the specialists he referred his patients to. I remember him getting a Walkman the first year it came out -- it cost $200 back then! If only I knew where it was now...

    But one of the things he (we) got was a movie theatre popcorn machine. And it was even better because my brother's girlfreind worked at a movie theatre at this time and she would bring home bags of the special salt they use on their popcorn. (It's not ordinary salt -- it's a special formulated mixture specifically sold to movie theatres). When we would have parties, out would come the popcorn machine. Delicious!
    If only you knew where that popcorn machine was. So cool David and great story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I grew up on Jolly Time WHITE popcorn that my dad would pop. Best.popcorn.ever, just ask anyone of my friends and family that were lucky enough to have some.

    Used the same pan since probably 1945. Used to use bacon grease but that changed to oil. Add 1/2 butter, 1/2 Imperial margarine with a dose of salt.

    Maybe the use of bacon fat contributed to his heart disease
    I bet that bacon fat added a lot of flavor too. Sounds yummy. I think it may be movie night tonight with lots of popcorn and bacon fat. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Popcorn!
    By EagleWings in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 12:25 PM
  2. Popcorn Pin?
    By AstroHidengoseek in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 11:11 AM
  3. Favorite brand of shoe...
    By WRDup in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 07:19 PM
  4. The Popcorn Chronicles
    By mamabot in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 10:59 AM
  5. Favorite Makeup brand?
    By Malibu Minion in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 09:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •