Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255

    Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    Can anyone in Southern Cali help me find information on a funeral/obit???

    My grandmother has died- our families were estranged but we are trying to get some info about any services- etc....

    Her name is Sophie Hendricka Pazaricky- husband Anthony. They live in Venice, CA. She would have passed away in the last couple of days.

    From here I am not sure how to get the information-I was hoping someone who lived out there might have knowledge of how and where to look.

    Any help is appreciated!

  2. #2

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    I would search for a Venice newspaper obit on google -

    Sorry, I'm not much help - but my condolences to your family.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    my mom contacted the funeral homes where a relative died, she found an uncle who had died and they were nice enough to send her a picture of the grave even.
    I am sorry for your loss. I have been doing a search of obituaries, nothing comes up yet. maybe its not in the paper as of yet.

  4. #4

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    There are so MANY funeral homes in the area I could not even begin to find it- needle in a haystack.

    I will check for a local paper-

    Ok- no paper in Venice itself- what areas are closest that I should look for?
    Last edited by Nephythys; 10-01-2007 at 07:14 AM.

  5. #5

    • I'm baaaaccckkk!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    So sorry for your loss.... who informed you of her passing? Perhaps you can ask them for more information?....
    <3 Chloe

  6. #6

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    Instead of funeral homes, you might also try the local hospitals to find out where she was transported to? Assuming she died in the hospital but at least your list is a lot shorter than the funeral homes and because your family they can give you the information.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck finding the information.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    397

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    You may have some success at the Los Angeles County hall of records. Try a visit to
    http://www.losangelescountyvitalrecords.com/

    That may give you a start where to look, such as a physician's name who signed the death certificate, location, etc. They may be able to help you track her down.

  8. #8

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    heh- the online system wants 75 for records-I don't think they are going to give me info otherwise and I don't have time for that-

    But thanks-

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    397

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    Didn't know cost was a consideration. I thought u wanted the information. Sorry.

  10. #10

    • Hiding in the shadows
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    First, I am very sprry for your loss.

    Places like ancestry.com have records search tools for obituaries, deaths, etc. This is the direct link http://www.ancestry.com/search/obit/ (you may have to sign up for a 14 day free membership).

    You can also try obitcentral.com, but it is not a user friendly site.

    Funeral plans or services and the obituary may not show up for several days. The funeral home may place the obituary once they have plans made so if plans are not together that may be why you are not finding it.

    My suggestion would be to call one funeral home in that area and ask them they best way to find services in So Cal, they would definitely know where to look.

    A little piece of heaven

  11. #11

    • Ok time for cocoa
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    the LA times would service that area. latimes.com, they do not currently have that name listed, but newest is from yesterday. It may several days for it to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

  12. #12

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTeach View Post
    Didn't know cost was a consideration. I thought u wanted the information. Sorry.
    My grandparents have ignored my existence and my children and my mother and father and brother for a long time- I am looking for my mother's benefit and her closure- but yes, cost is a consideration. I don't need a death cert- I need immediate info on services. You meant well but that site won't help me with that-

    Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    First, I am very sprry for your loss.

    Places like ancestry.com have records search tools for obituaries, deaths, etc. This is the direct link http://www.ancestry.com/search/obit/ (you may have to sign up for a 14 day free membership).

    You can also try obitcentral.com, but it is not a user friendly site.

    Funeral plans or services and the obituary may not show up for several days. The funeral home may place the obituary once they have plans made so if plans are not together that may be why you are not finding it.

    My suggestion would be to call one funeral home in that area and ask them they best way to find services in So Cal, they would definitely know where to look.
    Good ideas- thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    the LA times would service that area. latimes.com, they do not currently have that name listed, but newest is from yesterday. It may several days for it to show up.
    Thanks- will keep that in mind.

  13. #13

    • MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2 miles closer to Disneyland!
    Posts
    4,374

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    I didn't see her name on this, but you might want to keep checking:

    http://oa.newsbank.com/oa-search/we/...ort=YMD_date:D&

  14. #14

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,838
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Instead of funeral homes, you might also try the local hospitals to find out where she was transported to? Assuming she died in the hospital but at least your list is a lot shorter than the funeral homes and because your family they can give you the information.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck finding the information.
    Um... not likely. HIPPA regulations forbid hospitals from giving out much of ANY information now days. Even if a family member calls on the phone to check the condition of a patient the nurse isen't even really suspose to give out any info on the phone because we can't verify the authenticity of who is calling. Funeral homes or newspapers I think is the best bet, although harder to track.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  15. #15

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,838
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Help me find information- please- death in the family-

    Going through epodunk.com I found 22 papers within 30 miles of Venice. here .

    I also looked at obitsarchive.com here and didn't find anything, but I didn't go through every paper. Maybe this will help your search however.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM
  2. Information about the information Board
    By ExJungleSkipper95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 01:02 AM
  3. Singapore family to sue HK Disneyland for woman's death
    By Loomis in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 03:18 AM
  4. Family, Disney Settle Suit Over Ride Death - LA Times, 12/3/05
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 01:15 AM
  5. Family generations: a death of one of mine
    By Olympicnut in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 02:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •