Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

asking out a co-worker to go out with you

Okay, so today I was talking to this girl at work who started there about a month ago, she just moved from Northern Califorina. I was telling her about taking the bus to the Pond or Honda Center and I told her that I have a disneyland anual pass and I take the bus there too. Her reaction was "oh how I would love to go to Disneyland and be a kid again". So my question is should I ask her if she wants to go to disneyland with me? Do you think she would think it's weird? But I'm worried, if she says no, I'd feel like an idiot.

Re: asking out a co-worker to go out with you

I don't see why you shouldn't ask her. Are you interested in her? If so, don't get yourself worked up over it. Keep it casual.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Live.Laugh.Love.Disney.

As a grl, I'd say Before you ask her, talk to her alot more! Or she will think it's reallllly weird.......And try to be casual just say "Hey I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere with me" or whatever you would like......Just My Opinion!

Best of Luck!!!!
    SkItTlEs

• Found my prince!

I agree. You need to have more conversations with her. Talk to her about Disneyland and then you should be able to tell if she seriously wants to go. Dont jump in too soon or you might scare her off.

• DCA lover

Hmm, best opportunity would have been when she wistfully said she wanted to go...then...you say, "well, would you like to go sometime?" something like that. I don't think it's too weird though, since she is from out of town, and you have an annual pass and are "knowledgeable" as it were. BUT, since the moment has passed, still I say ask away!!
    Meh, if she says no, I don't think you would sound like an idiot.
    Also, alot of this depends on how interested you are, and if she is/could be/etc interested too.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I say ask, it can't hurt! She is new, from out of town, and wants to go, you will just seem like you're being nice.

• Banned User

I was thinking about that passed oppoetunity earlier. I think that would have been perfect. "well, if you'd like, I think that would be cool if you went with me sometime". Yes that would have been a right moment thing to do. But when I'm worked up and nervous, things get past me, so yeah, I kinda blew it there

• Down Pluto!

The time would have been right after her comment.

I would have said something like "Neither of us will likely ever be kids again, but if you want to go to DL and try - just tell me when and I'll make the arrangements."

I'm not all that romantic as you can probably tell...

You can always bring it up later - as in "WooHoo, I'm going to DL this weekend!" and see what response you get. Might be another opportunity to offer.

I'm just sayin'

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Well, if you work with her there will be plenty of opportunities to bring up Dland and get her thinking wishfully... I say get to know her for a couple of weeks, and casually bring it up in conversation... then go for it!!
    <3 Chloe

• DLR

Quote Originally Posted by startours1 View Post
    Okay, so today I was talking to this girl at work who started there about a month ago, she just moved from Northern California. I was telling her about taking the bus to the Honda Center and I told her that I have a Disneyland Annual Pass and I take the bus there too. Her reaction was "oh how I would love to go to Disneyland and be a kid again". So my question is should I ask her if she wants to go to Disneyland with me? Do you think she would think it's weird? But I'm worried, if she says no, I'd feel like an idiot.
    It sounds like you really like her, lol. You could ask her out then surprise her by going to Disneyland. Make sure you have a ticket though, you don't want her paying . Like the usual, get to know her first. Make sure there aren't anyone else in the office (or wherever) that she likes.

If you are talking about going on a date with her to Disneyland, then get to know her first and go to other places. Then after a while, go to Disneyland.

Or you can do the straight approach. Just ask her, "Do you want to go to Disneyland with me?" But then she might talk about the prices.... So that is why the man pays (>_<) but hey, she will like you .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Just mention it and ask. I mean... I have learned this the hard way in my "old age" the worst thing a person can say is "no." And that's a two letter word. One syllable. And yes is a three letter word. There's no four letter words in play here (with the exception of "yeah" or "sure." But you know what I mean.).

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but if you like your job and you work directly with her, I probably wouldn't do it. Bad things can happen if it doesn't work out...
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Bring the subject up and when she mentions wanting to go, say "Well, we should go. Just say when."
    Fight On! Beat the Utes!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Infinitized!

Approach her as if you were Borat.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CPTNMatt View Post
    It sounds like you really like her, lol. You could ask her out then surprise her by going to Disneyland.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! !! That's kind of a stalker move...lol

Okay, regardless what was said in passing, and of course, we weren't there, so we weren't able to hear if it was a passing comment or a, "Hey, I wish you would ask me..." kinda question, but the point is, you just barely met her, and Disneyland is not a FIRST date... it's a big undertaking, not cheap, and it's a LONG date...so it's not really a first date.

Traditional logic says a few things about your predicament... first, you're at work, so unless you are in different departments and only run into each other at the lunch room and eventually the company holiday party, be careful who you date from work. If it goes well, GREAT, but if it goes poorly, you have to face that 5 days a week. Very tricky.

Second, IF you guys don't work directly together, and you are kinda interested, think about maybe a lunch date first, then graduate to a dinner date, and if all goes well, perhaps a Disneyland trip is in your future.

Lastly, if this is a casual thing, and you guys are just looking to be friends, STILL think lunch first, and over lunch, if you get along, maybe suggest being her guide to Disneyland...

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Work it slow. Work relationship are dangerous ground to tread on. I'd look from the point is this a carrer job or just a passing paycheck? If you want to stay there a while, you'd be best served to take it sssslllllllloooooooowwwwwwwww!

Chad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast