Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Quarter

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Last Quarter

This year has gone by and I almost do a double-take thinking "Where did it go?" It's been a wild year for me, indeed. But that aside, we are all now looking at Halloween in a little less than two weeks.......then we'll slide in to Thanksgiving and then the Christmas Season.

Are you ready? Do you have your Halloween costume? Do you know what your menu will consist of for Thanksgiving? Do you even want to think about attempting Christmas Shopping?

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Last Quarter

I was just thinking the same thing.
    I remember when we were discussing if it was wrong that Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte's came out at the end of August and now we are already almost done with October!!!
    Pumpkin season (September and October) and Christmas season are my absolute favorite times of the year. It goes way too quickly!!!!

• Banned User

I have the costume, I have dinner all planned out for thanksgiving and I am 75% done on my shopping for christmas already. both boys got MP3 players fully down loaded with songs ( my sister did them for me . all there wish list fulfilled already and hiding in the basement . I have only my daughter ,( she is 50% done to ) friends, my dad ( mom is done) my sister, and brother, those will be easy I have always been on top of Holidays far before there here, last year was tough, I fell and broke ribs and tore my chest wall up, I was down for quit a bit so shopping was hard. This year, its almost a blur. I do save some of it for black friday, I love to hit the stores at 6:00 Am to find some awsome bargins.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

ack!
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 10-19-2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Double post... I guess I hit the button too early.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

-I have a costume idea (going as Batgirl). I have the skirt, a black turtleneck, black boots (but for work I am thinking wearing my cute black sneaker Mary Janes because black high heeled boots at preschool?). All I need to do is get black leggings, the hat/mask thing (anyone have any ideas for that?), gloves, make the bat symbol, a yellow belt, and the cape...and once I go to Walmart that's all easy.

-My Christmas shopping/making... I make all my own Christmas presents so right now I am kinda'... I'm almost done on a lot of stuff. I have 4 wallets that all I need to do is put them together, but I have all the pockets and lining all done... so that once I psych myself into it will take an hour? I am putting $10 gift cards in each (they're for my friend, sister, brother, and his girlfriend-girlfriend gets $5. I don't think she's a keeper). And I have a sock to start and finish.

-Wrote all my Christmas cards out (I have the best Christmas cards! I will post them at the end). Including for my cousins recipes for my grandma's Fruitcake-which is the best fruitcake ever, inside in cute writing.

-Turkey day we're going to Grandpa's so I don't need to do anything there.

-I am making Sweet potato latkes with curry and spiced applesauce the start of Hannukah and having some Jewish friends up here the 2nd day of Hannukah. I know I am not Jewish.

But see I am ahead of everything because November, I don't do Christmas knitting/crafting. I put my life on hold and focus on writing a novel in a month (see my sig line) and this year I am going to to try to write 60-70k in 30 days... I am crazy.

Disneyland Daddy- you have the best first quarter! You're in remission, you're healthy, and you have a baby!

Here's my Christmas cards:

• Hiding in the shadows

This is my very favorite time of year, and although I am less prepared than in the past, I am not stressing – Yet.

We have my daughters Halloween costume (Fiona), but I still need to alter it. I have the patterns cut for my sons costume (Lord Farquaad), but I still have to cut the fabric and sew the darn thing…plus make a hat with hair. I have most of what I need to make Hubby and my costume (for a party in 8 days), but I still have to put that together.

For Thanksgiving, we have done a Tur-duck-en for three years now, I need to get one ordered for this year (yummy, and since there are no bones it cooks quickly). The rest of the menu will fall into place fairly easily.

For Christmas…We know what the big toy for the boy will be, but that’s as far as I have gotten. I usually do most of my shopping between the hours of 3am and 8am on black Friday, so I still have a few weeks to work out what I need to get.

A little piece of heaven

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    This is my very favorite time of year, and although I am less prepared than in the past, I am not stressing – Yet.

We have my daughters Halloween costume (Fiona), but I still need to alter it. I have the patterns cut for my sons costume (Lord Farquaad), but I still have to cut the fabric and sew the darn thing…plus make a hat with hair. I have most of what I need to make Hubby and my costume (for a party in 8 days), but I still have to put that together.

For Thanksgiving, we have done a Tur-duck-en for three years now, I need to get one ordered for this year (yummy, and since there are no bones it cooks quickly). The rest of the menu will fall into place fairly easily.

For Christmas…We know what the big toy for the boy will be, but that’s as far as I have gotten. I usually do most of my shopping between the hours of 3am and 8am on black Friday, so I still have a few weeks to work out what I need to get.
    your very wise !
    my mom is doing turducken, me, tofurkey with all the trimmings

• Minion

Halloween costumes are all set (Darth Vador.............again) for my daughter!
    We had our Thanksgiving on October 8 here in Canada so that is over and done with, (I did all the cooking, and the inlaws came over here).
    Christmas shopping is complete(except for stockings), I was very prepared this year and bought when I saw the right item for the right person!
    Bring on the HOlidays!

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Do you even want to think about attempting Christmas Shopping?
    I have fridays off from work (Thank God, I hate working for a Jewish place on Shabbot) so I will do my shopping on Black Fiday.

Spoke to soon, I worked today
    Last edited by DarthDucky; 10-19-2007 at 07:00 PM.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Costume--set
    Thanksgiving--set
    Christmas Shopping--- I REALLY need to get started on that... :/
    <3 Chloe

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    I have fridays off from work (Thank God, I hate working for a Jewish place on Shabbot) so I will do my shopping on Black Fiday.
    Shabbot Shalom to you Darth! When I worked at the Jewish center I worked on Christmas Eve and everyone there was like "Kim go home!"

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post

Spoke to soon, I worked today
    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Shabbot Shalom to you Darth! When I worked at the Jewish center I worked on Christmas Eve and everyone there was like "Kim go home!"
    Interesting. About 10 years ago I worked for a company that was composed of 90% Jewish people - There was a Cohen, Rosenbaum, Neuman, etc. It was very cool, to tell you the truth. Anyway, I never worked for a place that 'cleared out' after lunch because of Yom Kippur. It was interesting as they all went to Fashion Island (worked in Newport Beach then) for some 'lighting ceremony'. It was interesting.........mostly because, heritage wise, I have Jewish roots myself......so again, interesting.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I had a lot of fun working at the Jewish Community Center. It really helped me learn about myself and a lot about my family's heritage because my mom's family is from the city with the highest Jewish population pre-WW2, Worms. I made a lot of friends there. It was great because I was coming from a Catholic/Wiccan (kinda long story there) faith going to a Christian university in Costa Mesa, and my mentor (and this was pre-mentor time, back when we were just co-workers) would ask me stuff about being Catholic, Christianity, and Wicca because she didn't understand somethings and I would ask her things about being Jewish. And both of us really learned a lot about each other's faiths, and developed a fairly good friendship (she's my mentor! I mean I quote her at least once a day because she's just so great.). Plus working there meant I got a lot of eyecandy.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Plus working there meant I got a lot of eyecandy.
    I work at an Assisted Living community. So I can't say the same. Also I have no Jewish heritage, kinda odd that I work there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Dude, you get no eye candy. Where I worked at the gym and the swimming pool.... it was nice.

Kinda' sucker for Jewish guys.

Wait why do you work there then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast