Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Malibu Fire

• Man O Lantern

Re: Malibu Fire

I can't even imagine what you are all going through down there. I haven't watched TV the last few days, so this thread gives me my news and perspective.

Karen--I hope all is well. I know how worried you are!!

And migo--are you guys far enough away from the action?

DizDee--you seem remarkably calm under all this pressure!

•   
    • So fetch

My BIL called Mr. LL. It looks like my MIL's house is gone. We're holding out hope that the reports might be wrong. I hope they are.

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post

And migo--are you guys far enough away from the action?

Uncle and sister evacuated. Sis and her family are at mom's house. We, at the moment and hopefully throughout this, shouldn't be touched, but I feel strongly that some of this is arson work, so who knows...there are some pretty sizeable canyons around us.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Oh Karen I'm so sorry

Migo, I'm glad to hear that you're safe '

DizDee and KnittingKnerd you're in my thoughts

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Oh LuvsLilo I'm so incredibly sorry. What a devastation.

migo, I'm glad to hear you and your family is safe for the moment.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    My BIL called Mr. LL. It looks like my MIL's house is gone. We're holding out hope that the reports might be wrong. I hope they are.
    I'm so sorry!
    I hope the reports are wrong too.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I'm so sorry.. These fires are causing such tragic losses, but the good thing is that the people are safe... your family is in my thoughts.
    <3 Chloe

• Hiding in the shadows

I thought I would share a few pics from the last 48 hours or so from Santa Clarita, the firefighters have done a fantastic job with the fires up there.

Sunday afternoon after arriving home from the CHOC walk, we attended a birthday party for a neighbor on our street. Around 2:30 the smoke from the Aqua Dulce fire began creeping over the hills

Then around 4pm a neighbor came to notify us the fire had crested the water tower at the top of the hill (north of plum canyon, east of Rogers / Santa Caterina). This was taken from the end of my street looking north east
    You canít see the flames through the smoke, but trust me they are there.

At that point the police were heading up to evacuate the neighborhood to the east of us, so I grabbed my kids and went home to pack.

Within less than 5 minutes the police were on my street telling us we were under mandatory evacuation and to leave immediately.

We grabbed our kids, my CPU and our emergency bag (passports, documents etc) were already loaded in the car, and there wasnít time to get anything else.

This area only has on main road in and out (Plum to the west and Whites to the east, so we knew it would back up quickly.

We headed east on Plum (which turns into Whites) this was when the fire jumped Whites Cyn, we had to turn back and go the other direction.

From the top of Golden Valley (near GV High) around 5:15pm, this is looking back towards Whites Canyon

These were taken from the AM/PM on Sierra Hwy / Friendly Valley around 5:30pm. This hill is east of Whites Canyon I believe behind Canyon Crest.

We stayed at my MILs, and returned home around 9:30am Monday morning.

Within about 30 minutes from returning home, the hill (NE) behind Plum Canyon / Bouquet Cyn caught fire again

They had fixed wing and helicopters dropping on this area immediately after it flared up there are hundreds of homes in the immediate area.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone and their families. Its been a long couple of days, hopefully the winds will calm down and we can get some relief. I know our fire fighters are tired, God Bless them for heir hard work.

A little piece of heaven

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I thought I would share a few pics from the last 48 hours or so from Santa Clarita, the firefighters have done a fantastic job with the fires up there.

Sunday afternoon after arriving home from the CHOC walk, we attended a birthday party for a neighbor on our street. Around 2:30 the smoke from the Aqua Dulce fire began creeping over the hills

Then around 4pm a neighbor came to notify us the fire had crested the water tower at the top of the hill (north of plum canyon, east of Rogers / Santa Caterina). This was taken from the end of my street looking north east
    You canít see the flames through the smoke, but trust me they are there.

At that point the police were heading up to evacuate the neighborhood to the east of us, so I grabbed my kids and went home to pack.

Within less than 5 minutes the police were on my street telling us we were under mandatory evacuation and to leave immediately.

We grabbed our kids, my CPU and our emergency bag (passports, documents etc) were already loaded in the car, and there wasnít time to get anything else.

This area only has on main road in and out (Plum to the west and Whites to the east, so we knew it would back up quickly.

We headed east on Plum (which turns into Whites) this was when the fire jumped Whites Cyn, we had to turn back and go the other direction.

From the top of Golden Valley (near GV High) around 5:15pm, this is looking back towards Whites Canyon

These were taken from the AM/PM on Sierra Hwy / Friendly Valley around 5:30pm. This hill is east of Whites Canyon I believe behind Canyon Crest.

We stayed at my MILs, and returned home around 9:30am Monday morning.

Within about 30 minutes from returning home, the hill (NE) behind Plum Canyon / Bouquet Cyn caught fire again

They had fixed wing and helicopters dropping on this area immediately after it flared up there are hundreds of homes in the immediate area.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone and their families. Its been a long couple of days, hopefully the winds will calm down and we can get some relief. I know our fire fighters are tired, God Bless them for heir hard work.

OMG ... please be safe

Friends for life

• love my friends

that is terrible.. my prayers are with the family.. I pray their house is ok..

Friends for life

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Those photos are terrifying, Molly! Thank goodness you all are safe.
    <3 Chloe

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing the pictures. It sure makes it real. I'm glad you are safe

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing the pictures Molly, I'm glad that you are safe!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Disneyland Grandee

My BIL called Mr. LL. It looks like my MIL's house is gone. We're holding out hope that the reports might be wrong.
    OMG! Big hugs for you and your family LuvsLilo. I hope the reports are wrong as well.

The scanner is both helpful and scary to learn of familiar addresses and streets that are going up around your home.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I can't even imagine what you are all going through down there.

DizDee--you seem remarkably calm under all this pressure!
    Oh I so wish this were true. I'm so physically and emotionally spent right now with no sleep and bad air quality. I know way too many friends who are either evacuated or just waiting for the word to jet.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to all who are faced with these disastrous fires. It is truly frightening.

But mostly, everyone pray for the firefighters who work under the most adverse conditions with little sleep or food. I have the utmost respect for their heroic efforts. I cannot begin to fathom having a job where you put your life on the line.

My continued prayers go out to all the firefighters that they stay safe while fighting the CA fires.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I was watching Fox 11 news this morning and one of the reporters was in Running Springs. She was the only news person there and surrounded by smoke. They were at the little town area and said the firefighters were working hard to save that quaint, historic area. They showed the Old Country Coffee Shop and the little grocery store. The Big Planes are slated to go to Arrowhead area first, when they finally get here!!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast