Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 234

Thread: Malibu Fire

  1. #151

    • most magical vaca ever
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,288

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Prayers to you all affected by this horrific fire
    ~~~~~~

  2. #152

    • Hiding in the shadows
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by DizDee View Post
    But mostly, everyone pray for the firefighters who work under the most adverse conditions with little sleep or food. I have the utmost respect for their heroic efforts. I cannot begin to fathom having a job where you put your life on the line.
    Amen to that. My best friends husband is a firefighter and had a minor injury Saturday on the Saugus Fire, he was out on disability for 2 days and was not allowed to go back to work until early this morning and he was back out on the fire lines as soon as he was allowed (he was already gone when I left for work this morning). These men and women fighter these fires are definitely heros.

    A little piece of heaven

  3. #153

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Amen to that. My best friends husband is a firefighter and had a minor injury Saturday on the Saugus Fire, he was out on disability for 2 days and was not allowed to go back to work until early this morning and he was back out on the fire lines as soon as he was allowed (he was already gone when I left for work this morning). These men and women fighter these fires are definitely heros.
    I agree.... they are wonderful.. i pray no one else gets hurt

    Friends for life

  4. #154

    • Again! Again! Again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the emergency card.
    Posts
    7,669

    Re: Malibu Fire

    LL, I'm so sorry. I hope the reports are wrong.

    Migo, glad you're safe!!

    DizDee, I hope that you stay safe too!!

    Molly, thanks for sharing your photos.


    Everyone stay safe!! If you're in those areas and are told to leave...please go!! We want you to be safe!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

  5. #155

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Debate Lounge Dummy : )
    Posts
    11,113

    Re: Malibu Fire

    My heart goes out to all of you and your families down in So Cal who are being affected by this! Keep safe!


    Please let us know if there's anything we neighbors up in Nor Cal can do for you!

  6. #156

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    688

    Re: Malibu Fire

    This is so heart breaking. I wish we could send you our rain. Please know that everyone there is in our thoughts and hearts.

  7. #157

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,126

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I thought I would share a few pics from the last 48 hours or so from Santa Clarita, the firefighters have done a fantastic job with the fires up there.

    Sunday afternoon after arriving home from the CHOC walk, we attended a birthday party for a neighbor on our street. Around 2:30 the smoke from the Aqua Dulce fire began creeping over the hills


    Then around 4pm a neighbor came to notify us the fire had crested the water tower at the top of the hill (north of plum canyon, east of Rogers / Santa Caterina). This was taken from the end of my street looking north east
    You canít see the flames through the smoke, but trust me they are there.


    At that point the police were heading up to evacuate the neighborhood to the east of us, so I grabbed my kids and went home to pack.

    Within less than 5 minutes the police were on my street telling us we were under mandatory evacuation and to leave immediately.

    We grabbed our kids, my CPU and our emergency bag (passports, documents etc) were already loaded in the car, and there wasnít time to get anything else.

    This area only has on main road in and out (Plum to the west and Whites to the east, so we knew it would back up quickly.

    We headed east on Plum (which turns into Whites) this was when the fire jumped Whites Cyn, we had to turn back and go the other direction.




    From the top of Golden Valley (near GV High) around 5:15pm, this is looking back towards Whites Canyon


    These were taken from the AM/PM on Sierra Hwy / Friendly Valley around 5:30pm. This hill is east of Whites Canyon I believe behind Canyon Crest.




    We stayed at my MILs, and returned home around 9:30am Monday morning.

    Within about 30 minutes from returning home, the hill (NE) behind Plum Canyon / Bouquet Cyn caught fire again


    They had fixed wing and helicopters dropping on this area immediately after it flared up there are hundreds of homes in the immediate area.


    My thoughts and prayers are with everyone and their families. Its been a long couple of days, hopefully the winds will calm down and we can get some relief. I know our fire fighters are tired, God Bless them for heir hard work.
    Thats crazy, i remember 4 years ago there was a fire just up the street from my house on Benz and bouquet Canyon. Be safe!
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  8. #158

    • Hello there
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    winter wonderland
    Posts
    3,892
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    LL, I'm so sorry. I hope the reports are wrong.

    Migo, glad you're safe!!

    DizDee, I hope that you stay safe too!!

    Molly, thanks for sharing your photos.


    Everyone stay safe!! If you're in those areas and are told to leave...please go!! We want you to be safe!!
    Everything that G4 said. Please be safe
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

    ΔΜΧΑ

  9. #159

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I was watching Fox 11 news this morning and one of the reporters was in Running Springs. She was the only news person there and surrounded by smoke. They were at the little town area and said the firefighters were working hard to save that quaint, historic area. They showed the Old Country Coffee Shop and the little grocery store. The Big Planes are slated to go to Arrowhead area first, when they finally get here!!
    Love that coffee shop!

    Here's what I know:
    -We are off Live Oak/All View/Spring Oak... we're in the little development between the 18/330. If anyone sees a little yellow house on a hill with a horrible drive way, that's mine. Email me or post something on my myspace if you see that house. I am tempted to put my phone number out here just in case someone sees something. I am just posting that here... because there's a giant lack of information.
    -Friedalba area is burning. That's... south/across the street from the 330 from us. At the passing lane there's 2 streets. Friedabla is on the right (if you are coming up the hill) on the left is Live Oak. I live off Live Oak. Easy street was the short cut across the street from the little market I used to walk to... so I am kinda'... ick. But I guess right now we're looking safe.
    -talked to my boss. She wanted to know if I was okay. She said at 6:15 a family dropped off their kids, but she started packing files by 7:30, which is when she started turning people away. The family picked up. Right now Crestline is in danger which is where my co-worker lives. Boss is in Southern Arrowhead near the hospital. She said as soon as everything is okay then we're back to work.
    -5% contained! If I could curse here it'd start with F and end with yeah!

    It was funny because yesterday I got calls from close friends, close family, my friend that I made the trip report with, Jill, we're texting every hour. Then today friends from high school are calling me, getting my phone number from other people because they know...my parents had this house in high school. It was the snow cabin. So they're now checking up on me and saying "if you need anything... "

    Oh and side note: I found a bra! In my car!

    Will post more later. I have a massive headache.

  10. #160

    • Hiding in the shadows
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Love that coffee shop!

    Here's what I know:
    -We are off Live Oak/All View/Spring Oak... we're in the little development between the 18/330. If anyone sees a little yellow house on a hill with a horrible drive way, that's mine. Email me or post something on my myspace if you see that house. I am tempted to put my phone number out here just in case someone sees something. I am just posting that here... because there's a giant lack of information.
    -Friedalba area is burning. That's... south/across the street from the 330 from us. At the passing lane there's 2 streets. Friedabla is on the right (if you are coming up the hill) on the left is Live Oak. I live off Live Oak. Easy street was the short cut across the street from the little market I used to walk to... so I am kinda'... ick. But I guess right now we're looking safe.
    -talked to my boss. She wanted to know if I was okay. She said at 6:15 a family dropped off their kids, but she started packing files by 7:30, which is when she started turning people away. The family picked up. Right now Crestline is in danger which is where my co-worker lives. Boss is in Southern Arrowhead near the hospital. She said as soon as everything is okay then we're back to work.
    -5% contained! If I could curse here it'd start with F and end with yeah!

    It was funny because yesterday I got calls from close friends, close family, my friend that I made the trip report with, Jill, we're texting every hour. Then today friends from high school are calling me, getting my phone number from other people because they know...my parents had this house in high school. It was the snow cabin. So they're now checking up on me and saying "if you need anything... "

    Oh and side note: I found a bra! In my car!

    Will post more later. I have a massive headache.
    My thoughts are prayers are with you and your family. I hope you get some good news soon.

    A little piece of heaven

  11. #161

    • I'm baaaaccckkk!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Good to hear an update on you, KK.. I really hope the fire spares your house.
    <3 Chloe

  12. #162

    • Hiding in the shadows
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: Malibu Fire

    KTLA has some great links to fire maps and other sites with updates.

    http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/special2/

    A little piece of heaven

  13. #163

    • I'm baaaaccckkk!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Hey Kim-- it seems like fox has the most coverage of running springs that I have seen.. hope that helps.
    <3 Chloe

  14. #164

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Diz- any word yet?

    Talked to my mom, my brother, my dad... basically we're... When I last called my mom she said "so where do you want to live?" The fire from what I understand is at the 18, Allview, Fredabla, and across the street there's a little valley/ near Easy street. All View is the other side of the block from my house... Highlands is in voluntary evac. The castle is on fire.

    Oh and KNBC can't spell and I want to smack the hell out of the Running Springs reporter who keeps saying "Running Springs is a vacation community." Jill got a huge rant on what an idiot that guy is. Why? Everyone on my street lives there full time. And another rant? My neighbor has her whole driveway full of crap. She lives across the street and her whole driveway was filled with crap. Kindling....

    Oh and I am kinda' under the firm impression: the arsons in Irvine- how about a public lynching? Hanging on national t.v.? My brother mentioned the stockades (you know in Robin Hood where the people couldn't pay their taxes were, those) and everyone who has lost their house to smack those guys. I mean really it's a red flag warning and they're starting fire! Maybe it's my lack of sleep, maybe it's... I don't know. Just ranting.

  15. #165

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Malibu Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Diz- any word yet?

    Talked to my mom, my brother, my dad... basically we're... When I last called my mom she said "so where do you want to live?" The fire from what I understand is at the 18, Allview, Fredabla, and across the street there's a little valley/ near Easy street. All View is the other side of the block from my house... Highlands is in voluntary evac. The castle is on fire.

    Oh and KNBC can't spell and I want to smack the hell out of the Running Springs reporter who keeps saying "Running Springs is a vacation community." Jill got a huge rant on what an idiot that guy is. Why? Everyone on my street lives there full time. And another rant? My neighbor has her whole driveway full of crap. She lives across the street and her whole driveway was filled with crap. Kindling....

    Oh and I am kinda' under the firm impression: the arsons in Irvine- how about a public lynching? Hanging on national t.v.? My brother mentioned the stockades (you know in Robin Hood where the people couldn't pay their taxes were, those) and everyone who has lost their house to smack those guys. I mean really it's a red flag warning and they're starting fire! Maybe it's my lack of sleep, maybe it's... I don't know. Just ranting.
    Hugs to you.. remmeber we are all here for you.. rant away my friend

    Friends for life

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. May 8, 2009: Malibu-Ritos
    By Werner Weiss in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
  2. ANOTHER Fire in Malibu
    By PrincessY in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 08:39 PM
  3. Happy Birthday Malibu Minion!!
    By Grumpy4 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 06:00 PM
  4. I want to be Trailer Park Trash! (in Malibu...)
    By Darkbeer in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 11:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •