Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Malibu Fire

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Re: Malibu Fire

I just got a TM from LuvsLilo. It turns out her MIL's house is okay. Good news.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Delawarean Girl

I have been thinking of everyone of you. I hope everything is alright and I love you all too.

-Hayley B.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    that is wonderful news

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Running Springs - The Slide and Grass Fires have burned about 10,000 acres of brush and timber, according to CAL Fire. According to a utility employee in the Running Springs area, the fire has damaged homes on the following roads: Deep Creek Drive, Secret Drive, Encina Way, Chicago Drive, Old City Creek Road (from near Highway 330 and up), Knoll View Drive (1 or 2 homes lost), Nob Hill Court (1 home lost), Frebalba Road (homes lost on both sides by the Catholic Church), Circle View Drive, Valley View Drive, Camp Helendade (some structures), and Easy Drive. Many others areas were threatened according to the employee. "The fire is jumping around due to the winds. It looks like a war zone here."

YES!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Thanks for sharing some good news. I hope all the MC'ers are as lucky.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Running Springs - The Slide and Grass Fires have burned about 10,000 acres of brush and timber, according to CAL Fire. According to a utility employee in the Running Springs area, the fire has damaged homes on the following roads: Deep Creek Drive, Secret Drive, Encina Way, Chicago Drive, Old City Creek Road (from near Highway 330 and up), Knoll View Drive (1 or 2 homes lost), Nob Hill Court (1 home lost), Frebalba Road (homes lost on both sides by the Catholic Church), Circle View Drive, Valley View Drive, Camp Helendade (some structures), and Easy Drive. Many others areas were threatened according to the employee. "The fire is jumping around due to the winds. It looks like a war zone here."

YES!
    oh wow!!

Friends for life

• Banned User

Just popping in to let everyone know they are in my thoughts, my heart and my prayers. I have a friend who evacuated from Ramona 2 nights ago and still has not returned home.

Please, keep us all posted, everyone who is affected. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

• Banned User

By the way...is anyone in the area near Ramona?? If so, how's it looking for that city?? I'm so worried for my friend's home. Although they are out of there and in a safe place. I still worry about their home. They have 2 small children.

Thanks!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I think anyone caught looting during a disaster should be shot on the spot. This is such a horrible tragedy happening and it does not appear that it is going to end any time soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this disaster and to the many emergency service providers who are doing all they can to help mitigate this situation.
    I sooooo agree on this! And has mean as it sounds, any one caught starting one of these fires should be doused with gas and set ablaze.... I'm sorry, I just cannot fathom how someone could have so little respect or regard not only for someone else's property but for the lives of other human beings.... How.... How could someone set a fire and cause all this damage...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

QViolet, I'm in Ventura county, too, so let's hope the air quality improves somewhat.

LL- so glad your MIL's house is ok!

KnittingNerd- stay safe in your evac.

One thing that was suggested (from a non-official source) is that text messages sometimes will go through when regular reception will not (since emergency personnel are using them).

My bus driver today was panicked about the smoke; I think he was seeing the Fillmore fire. It's far away from us, just smoky. I could tell from the smoke plume that it was far away but he doesn't have enough experience with fire to be able to gauge that. I've seen a smoke plume up close- it looks different.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    One thing that was suggested (from a non-official source) is that text messages sometimes will go through when regular reception will not (since emergency personnel are using them).
    Thats interesting and a good bit of info to know!

Daughter just told me tonight that her fiance got the week off from work because of the smoke and ash. (They are in North San Diego Co.) She also said they were just a little over a mile away from one of the evacuation lines.... But they are ok, and won't have to leave thank goodness.

And she wonders why I worry......

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• So fetch

It was great to hear the news. It's not official but it's a lot better than thinking her house is gone.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I'm hoping that you will get official word that everything is ok soon!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

So I saw this on the scanner:
    Checked Allview all the way through Spring Oak, we found nothing. We're staged at Live Oak and Allview now.

Spring Oak is my street. My question is: does that mean Sprink Oak is safe or... gone?

They caught a guy on a motorcycle yesterday trying to start a fire. I am up for hangin'...

One thing that I can't believe is how fast it happened. It went from "hey look at the Malibu fire." And hanging out with my mom and dreading going to work, thinking about taking a bath, getting excited because my package should be coming. To calling work, finding out it was cancelled, my mom said I was the only excited about not having to go to work because of fire, to getting antsy, to packing my stuff "just in case" to county evacuation notice. It all happened with in 3 hours. I was thinking about it last night and trying to wrap my head around it.

• Hiding in the shadows

KK that sounds like possible good news to me, I hope everything turns out ok.

I heard a rumor that they may have caught a suspect in some the Santa Clarita fires too, but I am waiting on news media confirmation as well. I am up for the hangings!

A little piece of heaven