Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Thread: Malibu Fire

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Re: Malibu Fire

Yeah it is weird how fast all of these fires spread... I'm just hoping for everyones sake that they all get contained sooner rather than later.
    <3 Chloe

• Disneyland Grandee

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    It was great to hear the news. It's not official but it's a lot better than thinking her house is gone.
    Wonderful news! I heard too that our area faired better then we originally were told.

Here's XXXXX all five fingers on each hand.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• no flash photography...

They certainly had enough firefighters in malibu.

My Bf's sisters house is right in the line of the santiago fire right now. It looks liek they are doing a great job keeping that fire controlled, but it is really close to their hosue right now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Knocking on wood... I keep seeing a lot of higher percentages of containment! Yay for Malibu, Buckweed, etc... 5% in Grass Valley. 0% in Green Valley... But I was thinking about it today at breakfast I am lucky. Last year this time I was complaining about how far spread family is, but really, what would happen if I wasn't living with my folks and I was up in a fire area? I'm lucky most of my mom's family lives out here (her siblings and their kids) along with my dad's parents (where I am right now). Sure I am at an old people's home but... it could be a lot worse. And I mean my instincts kicked in and yeah I grabbed random stuff but I have clothes, underwear (!!!), little things. I always said "if there's a fire Radar is getting out first." Radar is the teddy bear I've had since I was... 3? Got him at Santa's Village up in Sky Forest (and yes he is named after Big Bird's teddy bear... I thought I was going to marry Big Bird). Radar and Booboo were the first things packed. A lot of people didn't have that luxury. I should have grabbed picture albums, but I am kinda' lucky enough where people took a lot of pictures of me and my sibs growing up and I can get copies or other pictures. The one picture I am kinda' bummed I don't have is me, Ezzie (a little boy in my class 2 years ago), and his mom. But... I can try to get that if I contact the UW-Madison and get a hold of Ezzie's dad. I don't know... I just thinking about it, it could have been worse. I had barely a half tank of gas, so I was lucky I was one of the first people in the giant line.

If the Santa Clarita fire was set intentionally... I had this gut feeling when I was evacuating "all these fires at one time..." And now it's feeling like it's...

Just got the best news while writing this: everyone do a happy-dance
    My mom's friend online just got up there and walked around Spring Oak and All View. No damage! Our friend's house who lives off Spring Oak and looks out onto the little valley got the fire within 10 feet but no damage! So we're just now waiting to go home. I cursed so loudly my grandfather told me "only sailors talk that way." Well... yes!

• love my friends

That is wonderful news KK

Friends for life

•   
    • So fetch

That's great KK!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Great news!!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

So happy for you KK!
    <3 Chloe

• Winter in Oceanside...

Excellent news, KK!!

Check out what is now coming over the forest near me. This was taken from my driveway about 15 minutes ago. It wasn't there this morning. This is the Santiago Fire, which I hope stays away!

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Stay away, Santiago...Stay away.... Santiago is evil.
    <3 Chloe

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I don't know if this helps anyone or if it has been posted but I'll put it up anyway. You can go to the site www.geomac.gov with provides perimeter data on wildfires for multi-agency coordination. They've pulled the live satellite feeds due to high traffic, but if you have google earth installed you can get perimeter maps of the various fires.

Stay safe.
    DLandFansAZ
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Winter in Oceanside...

That's a good site! Thanks! Shows I should be safe.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I posted this earlier, but wanted to repost it and offer any advice or information people may need during this tragedy:

For those who are under mandatory evacuation:

Check with your insurance agent/company on applicable "Prohibited Use" coverage.

Most insurance policys state that when a civil authority prohibits your use of the 'residence premises' (structure), because of direct damage to a neighboring premises (could be sub divisions, neighborhoods, etc...) you may get some coverage for living expenses you incur...

This usually is for a period of 2 weeks.

Thats my public service announcement for the day
    If anyone has any property insurance questions (homeowners, commercial, etc...) feel free to PM me for any help!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

•   
    • So fetch

We got confirmation today that my MIL's house is okay. A friend's son was in the area and went to her house.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    We got confirmation today that my MIL's house is okay. A friend's son was in the area and went to her house.

<3 Chloe

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast