Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Malibu Fire

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Malibu Fire

Kelly, heres a pretty good Google map someone else posted in the Disneyland forum that shows exactly where the fires are.

You can zoom down and click on them, and it gives some misc. info on each fire. Not sure how often its updated.

Daughter said the Discovery fire in San Marcos is 100% contained now... but her power went out while we were talking on the computer....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

My prayers go out to all affected by this...
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Okay I am here... Kinda'.
    Here's what I posted on my blog:
    We were evacuated at 10:15 when we got the phone call from the county to evacuate. I basically started to clean up and get stuff in my car around 9:30ish. The funny thing is at 7ish I was watching t.v. thinking the Social D song “when the hills of Los Angeles are burning…” At 8:30 I checked rimoftheworld.net only to find out the whole mountain was basically on fire. Grass Valley Lake and 5 Points were closed due to fire. I called work just… thinking “5 points is near work…” Called and got a message saying “due to hazardous conditions we’re closed.” So I kinda’ got excited. No work! It started to get scary though. Going down the hill I was 5th car in a line of I want to say 100. I nearly threw up on the side of the road. I brought my sewing machine, forgot my iron. That was my mind frame. I grabbed my dirty clothes to take. Tomorrow is/was laundry day. I am at my grandparents’ house. My parents are at my uncles.

Kinda' sums it all up. There's two fires. One in Green Valley/Arrowbear and one in Grass Valley. I am at my grandparents, I grabbed the laptop, because... yeah grabbed all the tech stuff but forgot my vitamins! But I am on dial up and they have one phone line...I keep editting because I keep forgetting...

Everyone has been calling me up asking "are you okay?" or "did you get evacuated?" People from my old work, old family friends, etc. It's kinda' funny... but yeah... I am fine, smelly (I was going to take a bath today! Tomorrow was/is laundry day!), and at the old folks home in Beaumont/Banning (it's a 2 bedroom apartment thing... We really focused on "who has space?").
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 10-22-2007 at 01:35 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh my.... knittingknerd.... No matter what you may of forgotten.... just remember the most important part was already in the car... you!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

So sorry, Kim. I hope everything works out and that the fire stays away from your house...
    <3 Chloe

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Daughter said the Discovery fire in San Marcos is 100% contained now... but her power went out while we were talking on the computer....
    My power went out too. That's good news about the San Marcos fire.

• Never Look Back

Here are pics were I live. This is the fire in Orange Couny (Foothill Ranch / Lake Forest / Irvine area). I went to a Walmart very close to my house, and saw flames and dark smoke right in front of me. Pretty surreal. Some of my friends were evacuated, and a lot of house and apartments were already on fire. I didn't realize how close I was to fire...

My friend who got evacuated got some scary pics....I will see if I can upload those.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm thinking about you KnittingKnerd. Hope all is well.

• Minion

You can see the fire from magic mountain!!! They just said it on the news
    Har har har

• love my friends

Kelly, heres a pretty good Google map someone else posted in the Disneyland forum that shows exactly where the fires are.

You can zoom down and click on them, and it gives some misc. info on each fire. Not sure how often its updated.

thanks pengy I appreciate this

Friends for life

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Okay I am here... Kinda'.
    Here's what I posted on my blog:
    We were evacuated at 10:15 when we got the phone call from the county to evacuate. I basically started to clean up and get stuff in my car around 9:30ish. The funny thing is at 7ish I was watching t.v. thinking the Social D song “when the hills of Los Angeles are burning…” At 8:30 I checked rimoftheworld.net only to find out the whole mountain was basically on fire. Grass Valley Lake and 5 Points were closed due to fire. I called work just… thinking “5 points is near work…” Called and got a message saying “due to hazardous conditions we’re closed.” So I kinda’ got excited. No work! It started to get scary though. Going down the hill I was 5th car in a line of I want to say 100. I nearly threw up on the side of the road. I brought my sewing machine, forgot my iron. That was my mind frame. I grabbed my dirty clothes to take. Tomorrow is/was laundry day. I am at my grandparents’ house. My parents are at my uncles.

Kinda' sums it all up. There's two fires. One in Green Valley/Arrowbear and one in Grass Valley. I am at my grandparents, I grabbed the laptop, because... yeah grabbed all the tech stuff but forgot my vitamins! But I am on dial up and they have one phone line...I keep editting because I keep forgetting...

Everyone has been calling me up asking "are you okay?" or "did you get evacuated?" People from my old work, old family friends, etc. It's kinda' funny... but yeah... I am fine, smelly (I was going to take a bath today! Tomorrow was/is laundry day!), and at the old folks home in Beaumont/Banning (it's a 2 bedroom apartment thing... We really focused on "who has space?").
    be safe.. my prayers are with you

Friends for life

• love my friends

Oh my.... knittingknerd.... No matter what you may of forgotten.... just remember the most important part was already in the car... you!
    i agree

aobut 15 years ago we were evacuated from our home in canada.. there were so many things I forgot.. but I thought the main thing is .... have my family with me.. those cant be replaced..

the fire back then was 1 mile from our house

Friends for life

• Wonderful World

Man such a shame. That is such such a beautiful area with a ton of houses in it. I'm really sorry and I pray that the fire dies down soon
    I'm back MiceChat

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Maseca View Post
    Here are pics were I live. This is the fire in Orange Couny (Foothill Ranch / Lake Forest / Irvine area). I went to a Walmart very close to my house, and saw flames and dark smoke right in front of me. Pretty surreal. Some of my friends were evacuated, and a lot of house and apartments were already on fire. I didn't realize how close I was to fire...

My friend who got evacuated got some scary pics....I will see if I can upload those.
    OMG. I used to live in those apartments right on the other side of that Goodyear tire shop!

Were they ok?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

128 houses gone. I keep hearing "Arrowhead" and "Green Valley." They're bringing choppers (FINALLY) in!

It just makes you think though: we are so tech savy, but we can't control the weather. I keep thinking "do we have bark beetle? How far away is everything?" And the news keeps saying "the houses that are 'good' so far have been the ones with cleared yards." Well that's fine and dandy but as of yesterday the winds blew so much crap in our yard that our whole yard was covered with pine needles and boxes from my neighbors. So... I am kinda' irked there.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast