Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Malibu Fire

•   

Re: Malibu Fire

I have some ideas on things they can create in these "fire areas" that wouldn't be expensive but it seems they don't do much to prevent them.

• Neep meep beep

Wow. Knittingnerd, I'm sorry to hear this got so close to you. This is really like a disaster movie. Maseca, thanks for posting those scary pics.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sorry to hear about what's going on in your area knittingnerd.

My brother lives in that area too. He works in San Bernardino and can't get up to his wife, and she doesn't want to evacuate yet.

I hope everything turns out well for them and you also.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I just heard them mention grass valley specifically... I know there is a MCer who lives in that area.. I hope you're well!
    <3 Chloe

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

You know, I was wondering why the sky and air were SO terrible here in Ventura County... I mean we are close to the fires but there is so much ash and the sky is so orange you would think it was only a mile away. I just heard on the news that Ventura County is going to end up with the worst air quality and that we should all try and stay inside with windows shut because the wind is blowing the debris and ash over the grade and stuff... so at least I know I'm not nuts because I can't go outside without my eyes starting to burn and coughing.... I can't imagine what it would be like to be in one of these direct neighborhoods.
    <3 Chloe

• Directly directed

Sooo scary!! My prayers go out to everyone affected by this.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Okay here's the update:
    -I am on rimoftheworld.net looking at incident reports and the Slide fire and I keep seeing random bits of Running Springs but I can't find anything firm.
    -I heard something on Channel 4 from someone's blog about Running Springs, but didn't hear what.
    -At the old folks home there is a family that was evacuated from the Malibu fire. So yeah go to the old folk's home!
    -They sent the big planes!

I think my phone is going to explode because everyone (sans my brother) are calling to see if I am fine. I keep saying I'm fine. But I need to do laundry, today and tomorrow were laundry day! And as TMI as this could be, when I packed, I was in my pjs and I just grabbed the dirty clothes. I don't think I brought a bra! I mean I can go buy one but I am just... it's kinda' funny.

Thanks for the thoughts. I am hoping all the sudden it rains. And I am scared for all the critters up there. There's a pack of coyotes that as much as they cause me grief, I am worried about.

• Disneyland Grandee

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post

Thanks for the thoughts. I am hoping all the sudden it rains. And I am scared for all the critters up there. There's a pack of coyotes that as much as they cause me grief, I am worried about.
    Oh god me too - my squirrels. I think for now you are safe in R.S.

I fear that we're not so lucky . . .

My house is near 5 points, off Grass Valley & Clubhouse west of the golf course. The last one to leave our neighborhood was my neighbor across the street and the fire was coming over the ridge above my house. He called us when he was safely off the mountain and told us it would be a miracle if our homes were still there tomorrow. I'm sick, glued to the TV and foresee a long, sleepless night for us.

Pray for the firefighters everyone. They are operating on no sleep and not much food.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DizDee View Post
    it would be a miracle if our homes were still there tomorrow.
    I'm sorry.
    Hope your house is okay, and everyone else's to.
    I don't even know how I would react if that happen to me.
    Har har har

•   
    • So fetch

Oh god me too - my squirrels. I think for now you are safe in R.S.

I fear that we're not so lucky . . .

My house is near 5 points, off Grass Valley & Clubhouse west of the golf course. The last one to leave our neighborhood was my neighbor across the street and the fire was coming over the ridge above my house. He called us when he was safely off the mountain and told us it would be a miracle if our homes were still there tomorrow. I'm sick, glued to the TV and foresee a long, sleepless night for us.

Pray for the firefighters everyone. They are operating on no sleep and not much food.
    My MIL lives near you. We're worried out of our minds over this.

• Disneyland Grandee

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    My MIL lives near you. We're worried out of our minds over this.
    Oh no, I'm so sorry! I'm sure you are all very worried as well. Is your MIL safely off the mountain? My mind keeps racing about the beautiful area being burned to the ground.

Here is a link for the scanner of the firefighters with minute to minute posts of what is happening. This scares me to death!!!
    http://old.rimoftheworld.net/incidents/3623
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I am on rimoftheworld.net right now and... I keep reading streets I recognize, streets I turn off to get to my house. 330, Live Oak, Knoll View and how the fire is through that area. And I am... I slept last night only because I think the worry through the day took too much energy and I crashed. But I fought it. And the weird thing is after reading rimoftheworld.net I am kinda' pissed. There was suspiscious people in the area... it's yucky.

I was thinking about it last night:
    -want MY pillow
    -want to grab my writing.
    I didn't bring any knitting so I am edgy. I know I am safe, but... there's stuff.

Diz- it will all be okay. I keep telling myself that.

•   
    • So fetch

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I'm sure you are all very worried as well. Is your MIL safely off the mountain? My mind keeps racing about the beautiful area being burned to the ground.

Here is a link for the scanner of the firefighters with minute to minute posts of what is happening. This scares me to death!!!
    http://old.rimoftheworld.net/incidents/3623

Yes, she left yesterday morning. First she went to Running Springs where my brother in law and his family live. They had to leave and are now safe in Forest Falls. A friend of mine sent me the scanner link last night. Until we turned off the computer we were constantly refreshing the page.

• Purple Crates ♥

My goodness, my thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Stay safe!

• Mexihick, y'all

Things are really heating up (no pun intended) here in San Diego. Another day of watching the TV and the winds!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast