Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Malibu Fire

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Malibu Fire

I'm watching the Channel 13 news right now and there's a really intense wild fire in Malibu that is threatening Pepperdine University, Hughes Labs, and the Malibu Colony residences. This is is the same place where we had the fires last year that destroyed three residences, one of them being the house of Suzanne Sommers. The fire broke out around 5 AM near Tapia State Park and so far, one or two structures have been destroyed and the fire has burned appx. 500 acres and there is no containment.

Here's a picture so you can get an idea of where Malibu is if you're not familiar with the area.

There are also two other fires going on...one in Castaic and one in Porter Ranch.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who's got homes and loved ones in these fire areas!
    Last edited by MissChristine; 10-21-2007 at 08:05 AM.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Malibu Fire

Wind gusts in that area are up to 80MPH. Topanga Canyon Road is closed, amongst a couple others, and only residents are allowed back to the side streets in that area.

Pepperdine students that are on campus are being held in the cafeteria on campus, apparently that is the safest place to be there.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Here is the link on Channel 7's website http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=5718472

The blaze had consumed at least 50 acres and about 40 engine companies were responding, said Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector Sam Padilla. -Associated Press

The Malibu Presbyterian Church has been taken over by flames and more than 500 acres has burned. Residents are being advised to go to Zuma Beach.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Wow! Sounds like an incredibly serious fire and with such high winds it's going to be hard to control.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Oh no ! My prayers go out to people having to deal with this fire... stay safe guys!
    <3 Chloe

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Patty, it really is a serious fire. People in that area really are used to fires-they live in a very dry canyon area. But this fire has such incredible winds behind it, it's so not a good thing. The winds are moving the fire toward Pacific Coast Highway and there are mandatory evacuations in certain areas of Malibu. These winds are not looking to quit their strength for at least 24 hours, so here's hoping that something good just happens and not too many structures are compromised!!

A couple more structures at Hughes Labs have been taken over by flames.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Fox is streaming the coverage of the fire live on their website, check it out.

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

My sister lives near Topanga and is not answering her phone.. The fire came very close to her condo last time but luckily she didn't have to be evacuated.. hopefully its the same this time... :/
    <3 Chloe

Wow!! Very serious...

Thanks for sharing the info and keeping us posted. Heres hoping they can contain this fire very soon.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

The beautiful castle in Malibu, just east of Pepperdine church, is up in flames. This fire sucks.

That's what it normally looks like. But now it's not looking so good. Apparently, they're sending fire crews and water tankers up to the structure because it's a historical home.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Ack, fires are scary. The winds are insane today! We never get winds up here and right now they're worse than Cucamonga.

Hope everyone is safe.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

A home on the beach just ignited. That is so not a good thing-the homes in that area are EXTREMELY close together. Apparently, the embers are very capable of setting fire to things that seem very far away when winds are this strong.

If there are any MiceChatters from/in Malibu, we're here for you!!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

So this explains the numerous missed phone calls on my company cell phone...great, more work

I certainly hope people are listening to authorities and gettin' the flip outta dodge!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Wachovia Bank in the Malibu Colony's got flames. The Malibu Pres church and Hodges Castle are both complete losses. Damn.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    Hodges Castle are both complete losses. Damn.
    Is that the one owned by Tony Robbins?

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast