Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Pictures from CPDP's trip to Dachau Concentration camp

wow, your pictures were certainly worth a million words... everything you have written on the thread is insightful, and moving; you have made a worthy statement for those millions who had no voice...

There is an excellent documentary called "paperclips" that I highly recommend about a an 8th grade class in Tennessee that has made a memorial to the holocaust victims by collecting millions of paperclips from people all over the world and filling an actual freight train car that transported the people to the camps with these clips. They've collected letters from the givers of the paperclips and other items and the students give tours to the public...someday I'd love to go visit and see this wonderful tribute.
    Thank you again for your wonderful photos. Bless you...

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzygrl View Post
    wow, your pictures were certainly worth a million words... everything you have written on the thread is insightful, and moving; you have made a worthy statement for those millions who had no voice...

There is an excellent documentary called "paperclips" that I highly recommend about a an 8th grade class in Tennessee that has made a memorial to the holocaust victims by collecting millions of paperclips from people all over the world and filling an actual freight train car that transported the people to the camps with these clips. They've collected letters from the givers of the paperclips and other items and the students give tours to the public...someday I'd love to go visit and see this wonderful tribute.
    Thank you again for your wonderful photos. Bless you...
    Thank you.

Yes - i read about the paperclip project. I think that was such a good way to show kids the reality of how many people were actually effected by this.

• Senior Minion

My grandparents survived and (grandfather)avoided these camps when they were still living in Herenveen area of Holland. So, such a tribute is needed for those lost.
    Thanks CPDP for sharing this.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123