• Gumball Rally Godfather

Circarama and Tigerlily's fun anniversary TR... Hawaii and "Finding Kraftland"

Tigerlily and I usually vacation in Hawaii during the first part of October since our anniversary is October 14th. Our favorite place is the North Shore of Kauai.

This year we rented a condo in Priceville (Oops, I mean Princeville ) that had an absolutely amazing view of Anini Bay and the Pacific Ocean. For $150/night it was an awesome deal!

Looking out towards Anini Bay

The tradewinds were blowin', but it's all good!

Tigerlily unwinds with a glass of vino...

Sunrise over Anini...

Kauai has a HUGE wild chicken population. It's not uncommon to see chickens virtually anywhere you visit on the island.

Lucky chicken...

Here's a nice view of the Hanalei Valley. They grow Taro here, the plant that's root is used to make poi, a Hawaiian condiment...

... which can also be used as wallpaper paste.

Of course no anniversary trip to Kauai is complete for the Circarama's without a visit to the Princeville Hotel for dinner on the lanai at Cafe Hanalei. The views of Bali Hai and the Hanalei Bay are amazing.

Sunset over Bali Hai

We always buy some lei's before dinner at Cafe Hanalei... hey, it's tradition!

After dinner, the staff surprised us with a little dessert.

Oopsie... spilled a little!

The next day we had to leave for the Mainland. Our trip only lasted a week, but any amount of time in Hawaii is special.

Arriving in San Francisco late Saturday night (gotta love those flight delays), we crashed out at 2am after an uber-late dinner at IHOP. You see some of the most interesting people in SF after midnight...

We got up at 7:30am and drove to Bakersfield to see "Finding Kraftland". A long drive to be sure, but it was worth it.

When we arrived, Richard Kraft was in the theater lobby with some of his old high school friends.

Richard is a Bakersfield homeboy and we could see he was really enjoying himself seeing his old friends.

I really enjoyed "Finding Kraftland". Richard Kraft was a lot of fun, and I can relate to his appreciation for Disneyland. He and I both equate Disneyland with happiness from our youth. That, coupled with our mutual love of Disneyland attraction posters makes it very easy to understand why I enjoyed meeting Richard so much!

Richard's son Nicky wasn't there, but his co-host Stacie was, so I made sure to get some "proof" that I attended.

Stacie get's squished by the 2 big guys...

Richard invited us to join him for a Basque dinner that he was hosting nearby for his old school chums, but we were thrashed and needed to get back home so we begged off and drove the 2 hours back to Fresno. Besides, this was a true homecoming for Richard and we didn't want to detract from his "class reunion".

All in all, it was a great anniversary. I can't wait 'til next year!

Last edited by Circarama; 10-23-2007 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Silly spelling error.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Re: Circarama and Tigerlily's fun anniversary TR... Hawaii and "Finding Kraftland"

What beautiful pictures. Glad you had a great time, thanks for sharing.
    <3 Chloe

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Circarama and Tigerlily's fun anniversary TR... Hawaii and "Finding Kraftland"

Happy Anniversary, great photos. I am jealous that I still have not seen Kraftland.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Tigerlily and I usually vacation in Hawaii during the first part of October since our anniversary is October 14th. Our favorite place is the North Shore of Kauai.

This year we rented a condo in Priceville...
    Priceville ? Did you mean Princeville, or is that a freudian slip?!?

Happy Anniversary to you both!

(And personally, I like the "proof" that you were at Finding Kraftland - good job).

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    (And personally, I like the "proof" that you were at Finding Kraftland - good job).
    Personally I like the host!!

Happy Anniversary Circ!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

What a fun tradition!!!!!!

My sister was in Kauai from Oct 10 thru Oct 16, on her honeymoon.
    (They got married back in February, but didn't go anywhere until recently)

• Senior Minion

Happy Anniversary to you both. I don't blame TigerLily for taking a break like that, what a spectacular view of the ocean.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Very cool vacation. Happy anniversary there Circarama.
    Last edited by DLandFansAZ; 10-23-2007 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Happy is spelt with an "a."
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Directly directed

Happy Anniversary! What a neat tradition!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Awesome! It's been a while since we've been to Hawaii but I'm sure it hasn't changed much. Thanks a ton for posting!

Chad

• Senior Minion

Tigerlily knows how to relax! I'd love to do that myself. Great pictures, and I'm happy to see you got to catch "Finding Kraftland" and see the people involved in the movie. Richard Kraft is a great guy, and I'm sure it was a nice end to a fantastic vacation.

• Minion

isn't kauai beautiful?? we only went over for a day trip, full circle island tour, and it's like goin g to another planet. Any one that thinks hawaii is too "touristy" hasn't been to kauai!! thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Neep meep beep

Kauai is my favorite island. It's like Hawaii used to be in its natural state. I loved it so much when I left I kauai-ed.