Thread: I was thinkin..

I was thinkin..

the other day i was thinking..how come hollywood can make movies that are based on the lives of serial killers (manson, gein...) and they can make made for tv movies about 9/11 and stuff but no one has made a movie about Disney?

just a while ago on CBS they had a movie about Scott Peterson, i was like wtf it hasnt even been a year and they have a movie about it.

Any one else wonder?
    Jen

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Re: I was thinkin..

Wasn't there a TV movie 3 or 4 years ago about Walt Disney? Maybe it was more of a documentary. I know that Walt Disney appeared as a character in the Annette movie.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Queen of Randomness

An actual movie about the life of Walt Disney is an interesting idea that I have never thought about. Doesn't like almost everyone know who he is. The man behind the magic and all. That's cool. Hey, do we have any writers out there?

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

It seems like the only thing Hollyweird wants to make into a movie of the week is whatever is most bazzar and strange and... stupid. They seem to think that the only thing that will get ratings is sensational stuff like murder, abuse, run away brides.... I guess they don't think there would be enough "drama" in doing a movie about Walt and Disneyland.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Puppy Cuddles

If they did, it would be to either one extreme or the other. He'd be an angel or a devil. Now I love and respect Walt as much as the next MiceChatter, but if I had to sit through a saccharine schmoozefest, I would puke. On the other hand, I would throw stuff at the TV if they only portrayed the bad stuff. Hollywood can't seem to make a decent made for TV biopic that is actually unbiased.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Queen of Randomness

I would like it to be historically based but you do bring up a good point, Hollywood would have to put some sort of twist on it.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Hooterville, USA

Dirt and smut always generate big ratings. Big ratings = big money.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• insufferable know-it-all

I'd like to see it as a miniseries. With a miniseries, it would have room to portray both sides of the coin.

There have definitely been things done on his life, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for one that's NOT corporately produced.

You know what would be cool would be to do it not as a straight out docu, but as a memory. You know, with a character telling his story, or something. I'd love to see Walt's life told as a story in the format of Princess Bride (except of course the story is real).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...