View Poll Results: Who would YOU vote for Disney CEO?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Eisner

0 0%
  • Bob Iger

0 0%
  • Roy Disney

4 26.67%
  • Stanley Gold

0 0%
  • Steve Jobs

9 60.00%
  • Jeffery Katzenberg

1 6.67%
  • Al Lutz

1 6.67%
  • Anyone¬ but Michael Eisner

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Know More Than You Should

Who would YOU vote for Disney CEO?

Who would YOU vote for Disney CEO?

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Steve Jobs. Easy choice.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Gay Man

Hehehehe. Al Lutz. I love you Al, but, you'll forgive (or thank) me for not voting for you.

Roy is the one who can bring back the magic the way it is supposed to be.

• I like Cheese...

I think a combination of both Steve Jobs and Roy Disney would be cool, assuming that Jobs could set aside a portion of his ego, which would be a lot easier with our Eisner on the board...
    Last edited by Whatever; 02-13-2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: not with our, without. oops..

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    I think a combination of both Steve Jobs and Roy Disney would be cool, assuming that Jobs could set aside a portion of his ego, which would be a lot easier with our Eisner on the board...
    I think Roy Disney, Steve Jobs and and Michael Eisner all running the same company would end... badly.

• Differently clued

I think Jobs would do a good job because even though he's a hot head, he's not afraid to take risks and go in new directions. This could be good or bad for Disney considering that much of the company is based on nostalgia, but it's still better than the alternative of becoming stagnant.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Minion

Steve Jobs strikes me as one of those rare people who is a strong leader, yet at the same time has the ability to bring out the absolute best in the people he works with. And I don't know that he's as much a hothead as he is incredibly picky and detail oriented. I also get the impression that for Jobs, it isn't about the money; it's about delivering a high quality, innovative product at a fair price to his customers. Hmmmm...aren't those some of the things that Walt was famous for?

• Senior Minion

Steve Jobs, because he has shown the most creative ideas out there and still keeps inventing. Katzenberg would be my runner up. He's another guy that got screwed by Eisner.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-13-2005 at 11:47 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    I think Roy Disney, Steve Jobs and and Michael Eisner all running the same company would end... badly.
    yeah - I corrected my post. I meant to say without...

• They wanna know, HO!

I'd like to see Steve run it, but he's so busy with Apple and Pixar now, so unless he steps down on one of them, or both, I don't see him working for Disney. Plus, Apple needs Steve more than Disney.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Sigh, what a sad list. Voted Katzenberg merely out of apathy for the others.

I will, however, re-energize my entusiasm for Al Lutz if he promises to destroy an ODV cart with a big axe at a public event.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I had to vote for roy...I think he has the best interest of the company in mind in stead of making money. He has enough already!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

What is interesting is that "anyone but ME" is not getting any votes. I guess we all recognize that ME has been sucking the life out of this company for a long time now, but it could be worse
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

I voted for the person thats going to get it anyways.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    I had to vote for roy...I think he has the best interest of the company in mind in stead of making money. He has enough already!!!!!
    See, I like Roy, but I'm scared of him as a CEO because I get the feeling he thinks the ship could stay afloat as it did in the Walt days, but it can't. The company needs subsidiaries that make more mature entertainment. Animation is the historic heart of the company, but it isn't drawing in the public's allure like it used to.

What scares me most about Roy's campaign is this underlying subtle theme that the company needs to go back to producing 100% family-friendly entertainment again, as SaveDisney articles, polls, mailbags, guest columns, etc have attacked everything from violence and sex in the studio's adult-aimed works to the airing of japanese animation and Power Rangers on the ABC Family channel.

The company will sink on sword of the 50s-60s family mentality it once weilded. There is always room for a cheerful all-ages good guy like Mickey Mouse in Disney, but Mickey Mouse can not be ALL of Disney or else we will not have Disney at all. In my opinion, the only reason it managed to magically stay afloat with purely family entertainment in the beginning was the public's interest in Walt Disney and what his mind would dream up next.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast