Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• love my friends

Smile thanksgiving plans

What are your plans for thanksgiving this year? Do you have any special traditions, you would love to share.

This is my 2nd thanksgiving celebration this year, since I am canadian I did a thanksgiving dinner at the beginning of October.

I will be cooking a turkey with all the trimmings, pumpkin and cherry pie for dessert.

We love watching Miracle on 34th street after dinner (the older version)

Friends for life

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: thanksgiving plans

Our "new" family T-Day tradition is to spend it at the Resort. We've done it for five years now.

We have dinner at the Buffet in the Grand Ballroom of the DL Hotel on Thanksgiving.

We spend the rest of the week hanging out at the Park and at LegoLand, USH and Knott's.

Enjoy!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Our "new" family T-Day tradition is to spend it at the Resort. We've done it for five years now.

We have dinner at the Buffet in the Grand Ballroom of the DL Hotel on Thanksgiving.

We spend the rest of the week hanging out at the Park and at LegoLand, USH and Knott's.

Enjoy!
    that sounds like alot of fun

when we lived in fullerton we would go to KNotts thanksgiving buffet.. it was so good

Friends for life

• Winter in Oceanside...

Our Thanksgiving tradition for the past 6 years or so has been to spend the day at DLR and see the Christmas parade for the first time of the season.

Last year DH hubby attempted his first Black Friday shopping trip. Never again! I was smart enough to stay home. This year, I'll be working it!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah!

We spend the day after T-Day at Knott's, and when we eat dinner at Mrs Knott's, we usually see the T-Day menu's on the placemats that they use until they are gone.

Looks like they put on a nice spread too!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Yeah!

We spend the day after T-Day at Knott's, and when we eat dinner at Mrs Knott's, we usually see the T-Day menu's on the placemats that they use until they are gone.

Looks like they put on a nice spread too!
    they do.. we only had a problem once with it.. THE line to get food was 45 minutes.. i was so upset.. so we complained.. and they called us back gave us a family pack of 4 tickets to get into the park as well as the sunday buffet brunch for 4 free

every other year has been awesome though

Friends for life

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Our Thanksgiving tradition for the past 6 years or so has been to spend the day at DLR and see the Christmas parade for the first time of the season.

Last year DH hubby attempted his first Black Friday shopping trip. Never again! I was smart enough to stay home. This year, I'll be working it!

that is a nice tradition yvonne.. black friday hmmmnever done it before.. wayne wants to this year. I am afraid to

Friends for life

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    black friday hmmmnever done it before.. wayne wants to this year. I am afraid to
    Take my advice and stay far far away! It is usually humanity at its worst! Totally NOT worth it IMHO.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Take my advice and stay far far away! It is usually humanity at its worst! Totally NOT worth it IMHO.
    I ahve seen it on the news.. LOOKS UGLY... the air force base is open at 12:01 on friday monring. if anything we would go there. but I want to see whats oin sale first.. or maybe send wayne ((he he he))

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

We are going to Grandma and Grandpa's at an assisted living place, it's where I was during the fires. Low salt, low flavor, but it makes my grandparents happy. My uncle and step aunt (okay I have a question about that) and my cousin are coming from Omaha and New Mexcio respectively. I am going to be making 20lbs of sweet potato latkes for appetizers and such because a.) vegetarian for my cousin b.) my grandpa loves sweet potatoes and curry c.) it's the one thing I can cook well!

I think my parents and I are cooking a real Thanksgiving day meal on Friday because we want the leftovers.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    We are going to Grandma and Grandpa's at an assisted living place, it's where I was during the fires. Low salt, low flavor, but it makes my grandparents happy. My uncle and step aunt (okay I have a question about that) and my cousin are coming from Omaha and New Mexcio respectively. I am going to be making 20lbs of sweet potato latkes for appetizers and such because a.) vegetarian for my cousin b.) my grandpa loves sweet potatoes and curry c.) it's the one thing I can cook well!

I think my parents and I are cooking a real Thanksgiving day meal on Friday because we want the leftovers.

awwwww that sounds so sweet.. Your grandparents are going to love that

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

Just going up North to spend it in Santa Rosa, nice area. My new mother loves to cook, she literally cooks everything except the Turkey from scratch. She makes Martha Stewart look like a novice.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Hiding in the shadows

We are spending the day at my house. Hubby has requested we make everything from scratch this year (and I saw we, because he is much more of a chef than I am). So I have recipies ready and we will be doing some serious cooking.

That and of course watching football!

A little piece of heaven

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Just going up North to spend it in Santa Rosa, nice area. My new mother loves to cook, she literally cooks everything except the Turkey from scratch. She makes Martha Stewart look like a novice.

WOW can I come?

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    WOW can I come?
    I'm sure there's room. come on down as they say on the Price is Right.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast