Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Are Your Christmas Presents Surprises?

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I braved the stores and did some Christmas shopping. We always venture out on "Black Friday" to be part of the spectacle, never to do any real serious shopping. We had a good day, though, and managed to find a lot of things for the people on our lists.

We were at a shoe store at the mall and my girlfriend found some boots she really liked (why do you always find the best gifts for yourself when you Christmas shop? ). I told her I'd pay for them as one of her Christmas gifts. She can't have them yet, though. I'll wrap them, put them under the tree and she'll open them on Christmas. No surprise, just one more gift to open--and who doesn't like opening gifts, whether you know what's in it or not?

This is something we usually end up doing for each other every year. There are always items on our wish lists, or things we just see in stores that catch our eyes, that one of us will buy with the other's full knowledge. Some gifts are total surprises, of course, but I'd say at least half (if not more) of the gifts we've bought each other over the years aren't. We're fine with it. Each of us gets exactly the gifts we want without the hassle of having to exchange any of them after the holidays.

Do you and your friends/family/significant others do the same thing? or does knowing what you're getting ruin the surprise? How specific are you when handing out your Christmas wish list?

• no flash photography...

Re: Are Your Christmas Presents Surprises?

The gifts I like are not surprises. The surprise gifts are always scary to open. I prefer not to be surprised.

• Man O Lantern

I'm at the point in my life where I don't want just any old thing and I'm hard to shop for. I prefer to be asked what I want and then given that. If you want to go above and beyond, that's great, but at least get me what I asked for.

• Banned User

I love suprises!! I just can not wait for them and it drives me batty.... that said yes I want to be suprised !
    My kids give me a list of what they want, I pick and choose acording to where it will end up and the cost for such. Most often I do not follow the list all the way, because its either something that will not last long of end up in the bottomless toy box. my daughter has a hard time deciding ( I think because she has so much) so she always just tells me and I get it. there for she is happy and I am happy! I do buy her extra's for suprises so she has fun opening up those things she did not expect.

• Loves Fajita!

I know for a fact what I am getting from my mom. We got it together.

My husband and I usually give eachother very specific lists and then get a few things from the list (usually the major gift, if there is one) and then a few things we picked ourselves.

So I guess the major gifts I receive are less of a suprise. My husband gets me great odds and ends that I would have NEVER thought of though

• Senior Minion

Usually at least one item on each of our Christmas lists we try to get, the rest are surprises.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

When I first thought about this, I'd have to say that most of the presents I give/recieve are surprises. But thinking more about it, I think I can say with a lot of certainty that every Christmas there are a couple presents that the person knows they're getting, but they get the suspense of unwrapping it. I'm the kind of girl that likes surprises-my family's pretty good at getting me something I wouldn't buy for myself but love.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

This year Mr. PXC is giving me at least 2 presents that are surprises. They may very well be on my wish list, but I don't know which ones they are. I usually receive my AP as my gift, but I guess he's going all out this year!

As for him, I need help! I can't bear to just give him the usual Best Buy gift card again!
    <o>

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

For. Mr.PXC, is he sporty? Sport Chalet gift card! Orrrrr, video game. Boys like video games!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The stuff I'm getting my BF will be surprises for him. He already got me my big present (my Blackberry), but I've been giving him hints on little things like DVDs/CDs, Sephora gift card... stuff like that.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    For. Mr.PXC, is he sporty? Sport Chalet gift card! Orrrrr, video game. Boys like video games!
    I think I might get him some Sex Wax (tee-hee), but other than surf stuff, he's got all of his equipment. Maybe I'll see if one of his favorite surf shops does gift cards. Video games are a good idea, too. That leads me back to Best Buy, though!

He's just a hard guy to buy for. Even though he'd never admit it, he's very particular about brand names and specific models & styles.
    <o>

• My cuties!

I usually make a list for my husband because he thinks I'm hard to shop for (I'm not). This year we did buy one of my gifts early:

It was too tall to fit under our trim so he built that shoot thingy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    I usually make a list for my husband because he thinks I'm hard to shop for (I'm not). This year we did buy one of my gifts early:

I want this soooooo bad!!! I will not get it of course I am not married, but you are one lucky girl!!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I'm at the point in my life where I don't want just any old thing and I'm hard to shop for. I prefer to be asked what I want and then given that. If you want to go above and beyond, that's great, but at least get me what I asked for.
    I'm the same way. I'm very particular about the things I want. If you're not sure what to get for me, I'd be happy to take you shopping and point them out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    As for him, I need help! I can't bear to just give him the usual Best Buy gift card again!
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    He's just a hard guy to buy for. Even though he'd never admit it, he's very particular about brand names and specific models & styles.
    See above. Have him take you to his favorite store and point. It works every time.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post

JEALOUS!!!!!!

I know what i'm getting this year from my parents/bro, and it was already shipped to me (a laptop).
    Usually my mom will show e clothes and stuff and tell me it's my Christmas present LOL Or Bath and Body Works stuff or Avon chapstick. lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast