Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

If you had it to do over again....

Hindsight being 20/20, we always thing "I'd have done this differently....". Well, hindsight being 20/20, I realize that career-wise, I would definitely do something different - maybe something in the medical field......not necessarily a Doctor or a Nurse, but something in the medical field....

So, my question to you is, if you had it to do over again, would you change the direction of your career? If so, what would you have done?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: If you had it to do over again....

YES. I would have stayed with my Child Development major and graduated with that and be working with children instead of the office type job I have now.

Actually... I would change things so I'd have been able to become a wife and mom a lot sooner and not even HAVE a job. It'll be worth the wait but yeah, a "career" was never in my plans and hopefully someday won't be in the new plans lol
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-30-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

A lot of times I sit and think "dude... I wish I had the nice desk job-" I don't know what type of desk job, but there are times when I am working covered in I don't even want to know, exhausted, kids are running around, my director having the schedule so bare boned it's sad (like today 15 kids up during "nap time" and it was just me!)....that's when I am like "hey any job right now!"

• no flash photography...

I would have actual had a career goal/path in mind, but my only plans was to marry my finance and be a sahm. (then the divorce changed my plans)

Once I started making goals I did ok, but I got a late start.

• Winter in Oceanside...

If I had it to do over again I would NOT go into teaching. Too many issues to even list. I would probably have gone into the design field - landscape or interior.

If I had to do it all over again I would not have partied so damn much in college. I also would have went into law as was suggested to me by a professor about 20mins before my last final of my life

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    If I had it to do over again I would NOT go into teaching. Too many issues to even list. I would probably have gone into the design field - landscape or interior.
    I would have started teaching as a full time profession much sooner.

(Not K-12, community college or above)

Or something in a more artistic field.

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I would probably go into a field other than teaching....I love teaching....I hate the bull that we have to deal with in order to teach. I don't know what else I'd do....well I have always wanted to write or be a chef!

My best score ever!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    I would probably go into a field other than teaching....I love teaching....I hate the bull that we have to deal with in order to teach.
    Exactly. Which is why I've pretty much decided that I will not be actively searching for another teaching job, ever again.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Writing. I would be a writer. Probably a journalist. Or went into teaching in a non-special-ed capacity.

I recently took a quiz for "the best job for you." It said I should have become an ambassador! Where was THAT quiz 20 years ago!

Or something medical. Probably a doc.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• A Pirate's life for me!

Nope, I'm satisfied with my Government job.

I'm only four years away from my second retirement, and if S.S. will still be around, it'll eventually make three.

Plus you can't beat the bennies...

• is on the rocks

Not me. I may not be making the big bucks, but I LOVE what I do (graphic design, web design/production). I get to exercise my creativity, problem solve, do a little programming so I feel and I do it from home. So no changes for me.
    She did it!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I unintentionally did do it over again and actually ended up in a field I like and I'm good at. I started out in what I thought I wanted to do (a florist) and found out it's not all it's cracked up to be. I then fell into the position I'm in now and found that this is what I'm good at and reasonably happy. No it's not a big money maker, but I can support myself and at the end of the day I know I've done a good job.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Writing. I would be a writer. Probably a journalist. Or went into teaching in a non-special-ed capacity.

I recently took a quiz for "the best job for you." It said I should have become an ambassador! Where was THAT quiz 20 years ago!

Or something medical. Probably a doc.

Peace,
    Roo
    I took a quiz in high school (the ASVAB thing, along with a few others that they made us take in homeroom) and I kept getting things like "Air traffic controller" or "embroyologist" (the person that puts the sperm in the egg for artificial baby making). Apparently I had precision in this portion where you were supposed to draw lines between dots and it was this giant part of the test. Me as an air traffic controller? Dude...

• For You!

I wish I would have stayed in college for 1 more year so that I could have continued dancing with the BYU Folk Dancers and had a chance to go on their world tour.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast