Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journal Writing

• Winter in Oceanside...

Journal Writing

Any journal writers out there? I've always written sporadically in a journal. Always handwritten. But I've just recently decided to do it on the computer. I've resisted since handwritten is more personal/traditional. But I get so much more done on the computer, and I can add photos. I think I like it.

Are you a journal writer? Handwritten or computer? Everyday or when the mood strikes?

• no flash photography...

Re: Journal Writing

I have only hand written a journal during VERY stressful times in my life.

I do have an online journal. I like being able to add pictures and video to it. I update it when the mood strikes.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Constantly up, until, I don't know, August? Yeah. August. Now I only write when the mood strikes.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I have a journal that I write in when I feel that I can't write fiction, I need to just get all the ARGH! out in. I handwrite and if you read it you can tell based on my style of my handwriting what type of mood I am in (the more irked the tinier meaner the writing, compared to when I am trying to "hold it in" it's perfect teacher writing. Cursive is when I am happy.). It's this cheapy journal with what looks to be Syd Bristow jogging with a pink and purple background (mod squares).

Have kept a handwritten journal since I was very young. More sporadic lately, though I record my dreams in one for the last... five years, maybe. I record my dreams and any musings that it sparks.

I do have an online one that I write in when the mood strikes, usually every couple of days.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

PS: Among the "absolutes" in Tiggs and mine relationship is no reading of the journals. I have to have that safe place. Plus, many of my musings something take on a creative flair--regardless of truth or not. Sometimes I tweak tales I'd created and I'm afraid he'd pick it up and think that two pages on the power of poisonings are something he should be worried about.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

My mother read my journal when I was a kid. I was less than pleased but not surprised. She wanted to get to know me.

Not quite what I had in mind, thanks.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

My mom told me about two years ago she would read our journals in our teens. She was just afraid we were getting into trouble. Mine was boring though. My sister's...

I started a hand written journal when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter and have continued it throughout her life of all the wonderful things that she learned to do as a baby, funny things she said that I wanted to remember, and things happening within our family. She's 5 yrs old now, and there are 5 books. I don't write as often as I'd like, but I write from time to time. I wanted to give them to her in her time capsule when she's 21.
    My new motto for 2008 - "If you will live like no one else today, later you can live like no one else." - Dave Ramsey.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I have an online journal for pictures and use it mainly to communicate with my friends who are away at college-- as a way to let them all know what is going on in my life. I have a handwritten one where I write about more personal things and write in it practically every day!
    <3 Chloe

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by toadann View Post
    I started a hand written journal when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter and have continued it throughout her life of all the wonderful things that she learned to do as a baby, funny things she said that I wanted to remember, and things happening within our family. She's 5 yrs old now, and there are 5 books. I don't write as often as I'd like, but I write from time to time. I wanted to give them to her in her time capsule when she's 21.
    That is so awesome!! I would have loved to have that from my mother!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    My mother read my journal when I was a kid. I was less than pleased but not surprised.
    Anyone ever see that Everybody Loves Raymond episode??

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Anyone ever see that Everybody Loves Raymond episode??
    yes. lol

My daughter can expect privacy until she does soemthign that looses my trust in her. One time when she left the house in the middle of the night and did not come home until the next day I went through her stuff, but she knew I did. I left it out all over her bed and desk.

She was 12 then and it took her 4 years to earn my trust back. I did not keep going through her room, but she was not allowed to do much.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

I've written a journal consistently since I was about...12? I'm 25 now. The journal is more electronic now, and like QuietViolet, I use it mostly to keep in touch with my friends, who are currently scattered all over the country.

What's weird, though, is going back and reading the ones from when I was younger. I feel very uncomfortable when I do that. Like...maybe I'm violating my younger self? But that doesn't make any sense.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

I did nothing to wreck my mother's trust in me. She said she wanted to get to know me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast