Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Credit card refund fee forms in the mail - legit?

There's 3 forms.

The first two options ask for no personal info other than your address really (except the 2nd form asks for the # of days you were out of the country and what the purpose for your trips were, i.e. business, pleasure etc). The third option does in fact ask for acct. numbers and asks that you list the amounts spent on those particular cards per year. This option is also the option to use for more extensive travel outside the country, meaning business travellers. And it says all this in the instructions, they aren't being sneaky or covert about it because they tell you right there in the fine print why they ask for acct. info . for option 3.

I'm still gonna hold off and see if I hear/read more about it. But the more I have read in the fine print in the paperwork (and there is A LOT) the more legit it really sounds.

• I may be nutz...but...

I got one too and never travelled outside the US at all. So no $$ for me...although I bought many Disney pins from people on ebay in Japan, Belgium, Israel, Hong Kong, Great Britain, Wales, Canada, Argentina...Do those transactions count?????? But all those transactions were this year, not before 2007....I am confused.
    susa
    Last edited by Susabelle; 12-08-2007 at 09:47 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    They do not ask for any information they don't already have. Just enter the ID code from the letter and then check the amount you are requesting. No account numbers or any other personal information is requested.
    To get more then the $25 you need to put in your account numbers. For those of us who really do travel - getting some relief on this is huge.

When I first read it, I was hoping it was for the 'foreign transaction fee' BS they put you through now - but this is in regards to how they handled currency conversions.

Right now I pay a 3% charge for all international use. But I'm going to be opening a CapitalOne card because they do not charge this -where as almost everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    ^^^^^^^

Could be a clone con.

The scammers will sometimes "piggy back" on a legit situation with a similar version of their own. Folks hear about the legit one on the news, and will fall for the phoney one much easier, since their "guards" have already been lowered.
    These are settlement forms which are easily followed up on. By calling the court, or the lawyers.

I get these type of settlement forms all the time. I often wonder how they find you Like a recent DRAM settlement, etc.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Susabelle View Post
    I got one too and never travelled outside the US at all. So no $$ for me...although I bought many Disney pins from people on ebay in Japan, Belgium, Israel, Hong Kong, Great Britain, Wales, Canada, Argentina...Do those transactions count?????? But all those transactions were this year, not before 2007....I am confused.
    susa
    If your card was charged in the foreign country.. that would relate.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I got a form too. Gladly took Option #1 and the free $25!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• She was sweet as a peach

I am so glad you posted this question, Olympicnut!!
    I got mine in the mail yesterday, too.
    I checked snopes.com to see if they knew anything about it (I didn't see anything there).

I haven't filled it out yet, but I might now.

• Circle of Ancients

Got ours too. Opted for option 2 due to being out of the country for more than a week.

• Mexihick, y'all

In response to flynnibus, I have been reading ours and they don't ask for account numbers. They ask you to narrow down how much time you were using it for foreign affairs. That's it.

Having read that some of you have not traveled overseas and are receiving this, it makes me nervous. My husband received one, but I just assumed it was b/c they accessed his cards....and saw that he was stationed overseas for a year.

Makes me nervous..........

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Again, I think if you made any purchases that originated in a foreign country, that counts too. Like if you bought something online from London. I think.

• Hiding in the shadows

Thanks for posting this question. Hubby opened ours on Friday and we were both suspecious.

A little piece of heaven

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    In response to flynnibus, I have been reading ours and they don't ask for account numbers. They ask you to narrow down how much time you were using it for foreign affairs. That's it.
    Nope.. look at the chart under option 3. The first or second column is for your account numbers. I don't have it here (its at the office) and I'm actually out of the country right now

From the website:

https://www.ccfsettlement.com/claim/3/

4. In the section below, provide account numbers and issuing bank for each of the Visa, MasterCard and Diners Club credit, charge, or debit/ATM cards that you used for at least one foreign transaction during the periods listed. You must have been the primary cardholder during that period. Check the box that indicates whether a card is a personal or a corporate card.
    5. If you include foreign transactions using corporate cards, you must list their account numbers on the table below and verify with your employer that no opt-out letter and no other claims will be filed for the accounts.
    Do not include charges made with a government agency card unless the agency has authorized you to do so. If you do not have your account number for a personal account, you may include foreign transaction information for that account, but your refund may be reduced.
    6. For each card during each time period, provide the total U.S. dollar amount of foreign transactions.
    The first two options don't require any real info.. the 3rd option where you want to claim refunds greater then the default - you must supply more info.

Am I evil? yes, I am

•   

I received one of these as well. I was contemplating option 3, but there is no guarantee that I would receive more than $25 anyway. There is a limited amount of money to go around and it appears that there will be many people who return the forms, judging by the responses from this board and the coverage the settlement is getting in the news. I will just choose option A and hope I get the $25. If you read the whole form, a boring endeavour at best, you will see that the $25 can be reduced if too many people file claims.

On another really strange note I received another notice of a class action settlement today. This one has to do with the purchase of my house and one of the attorneys involved. I'm going to get at least $1000 from this. That makes me happy. And no, they don't want me to send any money or give them any personal information. I also received a large refund from the title company I used. It makes me wonder how badly I got screwed! I'm kinda surprised by all of this since I had 2 different independent parties verify that all of the fees were reasonable. Oh, well, I guess I will do things different next time.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I saw an ad for the same settlement in an advertisement in the Parade section of the Sunday paper.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Nope.. look at the chart under option 3. The first or second column is for your account numbers. I don't have it here (its at the office) and I'm actually out of the country right now

From the website:

https://www.ccfsettlement.com/claim/3/

The first two options don't require any real info.. the 3rd option where you want to claim refunds greater then the default - you must supply more info.

Good call, I didn't even go to option three, only option 2. That just seems way too sketchy for me. I may just have him opt for the 25 bucks and no information. We'll have to discuss.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    WOW!!! Their own website! It MUST be legit...

Of course! Anything with a website is legit!
    Har har har

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast