Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,858

    Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    MINOCQUA, Wis. - Dozens of drivers made a mad rush for cheap gas after a station employee accidentally changed the price to 33 cents a gallon.


    An employee closing Trig's Minocqua Shell for the night mistakenly entered the price of a gallon of gasoline as 32.9 cents instead of $3.299 on Monday night.
    He left about 10 p.m., but drivers could still use their credit cards to buy gas.
    Word of the bargain spread fast in the rural northern Wisconsin community, with 42 people buying 586 gallons of gas in an hour and 45 minutes. One person had pumped 27 gallons and two purchased 18 gallons.
    Local police saw the horde at the station and called store manager Andrea Reuland, who went to the station and pushed the emergency stop.
    "There were cars two deep at each of my pumps," said Reuland, who knew many of the drivers and told them they were being dishonest — the main store sign had the correct price.
    "I was very upset that there's that many dishonest people," she said. "They knew there was a problem, and they took advantage of an employee's mistake and I think that's terrible."
    The employee, who has been there for about six months, had changed the gas prices 25 times in the past six months.
    "It was an honest mistake," Reuland said. "I could have done it."
    Area residents were still talking about it Friday morning.
    "Was it you guys?" a woman in the station asked Reuland. "Why do I always miss the good stuff?"

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071208/...odd33_cent_gas






    Dang! what a deal!

    They made a little over $193.00 for 586 gallons of gas! Wow!! When they were suppose to make over $1000.00!!!
    Har har har

  2. #2

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,780

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    I miss the days when $10 would fill the tank.

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,858

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I miss the days when $10 would fill the tank.

    Well if you lived in Where at that place is in Wisconsin then you would have been able to!
    Unfortunately the day $10 fills up someones tank will be the end of the world in todays time!
    Har har har

  4. #4

    • Disappearing/Reappearing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ~wandering~
    Posts
    9,992

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    whoa. I can't believe that many people woul dbe that dishonest. shocking.




  5. #5

    • See you there!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Hub between Goofy and White Rabbit
    Posts
    5,503

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Not really dishonest. More like opportunistic. The price was .339 per gallon at the pump. Obviously someone made a mistake, and many folks were there to take advantage of it.

    Seems like the "right" thing to do would to call the manager and inform him instead of informing all their buddies.

    I do not believe it was dishonest, but very opportunistic!

    I do believe in Karma, next time it will be one of those folks turn "in the barrel" and they won't know why it is happening to them.... Karma!! It always comes back to you!

    CU@DL

    Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

    Boom!

    I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

    Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

  6. #6

    • Disappearing/Reappearing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ~wandering~
    Posts
    9,992

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    I don't know....the woman said the real price was on another sign...so, these people knew they were going to pay the wrong price...taking advantage of something like that is dishonest.




  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Wait was it in the system or just the sign that it was wrong? I mean... I think it's wrong on some level that gas prices are so high but that's kinda' wrong for taking advantage of it. If it was paid with credit card can't they fix it?

  8. #8

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Debate Lounge Dummy : )
    Posts
    11,113

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    I just filled my gas tank today and it cost me sixty bucks!


    Sure wish I could have filled up at that station after 10 pm last night instead! ; ) lol
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 12-09-2007 at 12:33 AM.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,858

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    I don't know....the woman said the real price was on another sign...so, these people knew they were going to pay the wrong price...taking advantage of something like that is dishonest.


    But if it was you who was in that situation, I bet you would have taken it. It may be wrong but for the prices now days everyone needs a break on prices!
    Har har har

  10. #10

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,997

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    But if it was you who was in that situation, I bet you would have taken it. It may be wrong but for the prices now days everyone needs a break on prices!
    I probably wouldn't have noticed bacause I just swipe my card though but this does reek of near stealing. We all need a break but I don't think I'd screw over an owner of a gas station looking for my "break".

    Someone gets stuck with this mistake. Restaurant food costs a lot. If the waitress gives you $100 extra in the change do you keep it? I mean to heck with her, everyone needs a break on food costs. I'm not picking on you specifically Garbear, I'm just surprised so many people say "good for me" rather than thinking about the person who probably lost their job over this error.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SoCal, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Funny thing is that if that had been me at those pumps...I most likely would have never noticed the deal I got. I usually just slip the credit card in, make sure it starts out at 00.00, and start pumping. When the trigger hold releases indicating the tank is full...I just place it back in its holder, and rarely even pay attention to what my total was. There's a good chance I would have driven away not even knowing what a deal I had just gotten!

  12. #12

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,997

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Funny thing is that if that had been me at those pumps...I most likely would have never noticed the deal I got. I usually just slip the credit card in, make sure it starts out at 00.00, and start pumping. When the trigger hold releases indicating the tank is full...I just place it back in its holder, and rarely even pay attention to what my total was. There's a good chance I would have driven away not even knowing what a deal I had just gotten!

    Same here Opus. I always look at the gallons, never the price. I often say, I waited too late to fill up after seeing how many gallons it took.

  13. #13

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Debate Lounge Dummy : )
    Posts
    11,113

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    ^ I guess I'm the only neurotic person who always fills the tank to an exact dollar amount. It's like a game to me to see if I can get it exact without it adding on one extra penny! I "win" about half the time!



    It is sad that the employee probably lost his job over this error and that the owner lost a lot of money.

    I think I'm just still laughing about what happened because it's late at night and I'm punchy!

  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,858

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    ^ I guess I'm the only neurotic person who always fills the tank to an exact dollar amount. It's like a game to me to see if I can get it exact without it adding on one extra penny! I "win" about half the time!



    It is sad that the employee probably lost his job over this error and that the owner lost a lot of money.

    I think I'm just still laughing about what happened because it's late at night and I'm punchy!

    I wonder if he will loose his job because they made it sound as if it was an honest mistake. So based on how it sounds to me I think he is safe, but he probably wont be entering the numbers any longer! But you cant tell someones tone over the internet.
    Har har har

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,858

    Re: Gas station worker causes frenzy at gas station!

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I probably wouldn't have noticed bacause I just swipe my card though but this does reek of near stealing. We all need a break but I don't think I'd screw over an owner of a gas station looking for my "break".

    Someone gets stuck with this mistake. Restaurant food costs a lot. If the waitress gives you $100 extra in the change do you keep it? I mean to heck with her, everyone needs a break on food costs. I'm not picking on you specifically Garbear, I'm just surprised so many people say "good for me" rather than thinking about the person who probably lost their job over this error.
    So many people already did it so it wouldn't matter to me, No need to bring up if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?

    But to answer your question about the waitress, I would say something, because I know I would probably see that person again. I actually have gotten more change than what was suppose to be given to me and the person was cashier was actually very rude. But I said thats ok I did my good deed. In a retail store it has happen I went back to the counter and was given the correct change. And frankly I don't know why but thats what I would do. And if that doesn't make sense don't blame me I'm tired as can be right now.


    Good night! everyone!
    Har har har

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Just what LA needs ... ANOTHER Top 40 station
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
  2. [Question] Should DCA get a monorail station?
    By DCAfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 06:00 PM
  3. The Recreation Pin Station!
    By Sword99 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
  4. Space Station X-1
    By Werner in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 05:56 PM
  5. The Old Gas Station
    By monorail_rider in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 08:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •