2007 has been one roller coaster of a ride
Ups and down with my husband's company
Lost my father in law
My oldest became a teenager
I managed to maintain my weight and not gain back all that I lost in '06
Got closer to my dad that I have ever been
Am further apart from my mom and brother than I have ever been
Learned something about friendship(lost a couple that I thought were friends but other friendships are stronger than ever and that's what matters most, right?)
-Went To Disneyland in August
-Got through another 4 quarters of school (only one more to go before graduation)
-Got Accepted into the Disney College Program for March 2008- August
-Survived the Hurricane of Washington State
Every year hubby and I hope this it will be the year when nothing bad happens, once again 2007 didn't start off well, but it is definitely ending wonderfully!
*In January we buried my SIL, and the CEO of my company passed away from cancer
*In February I had to lay off the last my employees, and many friends got laid off as well
*In March I finally received my official promotion at work
*In May DH and I took our first "alone" trip to DLR in almost 10 years and became APs
*In June we took our kids to DLR (TheBoys first visit) on Fathers day and we got to ride in the Wheel House on Twain.
*In July we took a wonderful family vacation to Bass Lake and Yosemite
*In August, I was told I was being laid off (although my last day is still a bit far off). I am thrilled as we will be able to take this opportunity for me to be a stay at home Mom for a while.
Its been a long hard year, and it will be a very difficult holiday season for my family. I am really looking forward to 2008 and hope that it will finally be our full good year!
1. I learned that there is a huge difference between 6yrs old and 7yrs old. One day she likes Dora, the next day it's High School Musical, complete with attitude. LOL
2. I learned that sometimes no matter how you believe or view the world, sometimes something comes along and changes it completely.
3. A great relationship takes a lot of work, patience and the ability to admit when your wrong.
4. That no matter how hard I try, I can't please everyone, so I stopped trying..
5. It doesn't matter the way the world sees you but how you see yourself that matters.
6. That Disneyworld will always feel like home and I can't imagine not living close to it.
7. That after 2 speeding tickets in 3 months, maybe it was time to start slowing down.
8. With #7 in mind I discovered that taking my time really doesn't take any longer than when I'm in a hurry and I tend to relax and enjoy it more.
9. I learned I have a problem with spending money and I need to reevaluate how I budget.
10. I learned how beautiful the world is through a camera and how much I enjoy trying to capture it.
~ the year my family was mostly healthy and happy
~ the year I broke my record of Disneyland trips - went 4 times.
~ the year my youngest granddaughter made her first trip to DL (with grammy and papa in tow )
~ the year my husband and I took three of our grandsons to DL by ourselves. What a blast!
~ the year I flew to Disneyland to meet an amazing group of women ~ girlfriends forever.
~ the year I got to meet Karla! . . .and got to know some other MiceChatters better!
~ the year I was reminded to trust my first instinct/gut about situations.
Seems my year was mostly allll about Disneyland . . . no wonder it was feeling like a good year.
This has been a WONDERFUL year for me and my family.
I've met amazing people here at MC, a lot of them I spent time with last week, at DL for my 19th wedding anniversary celebration!!!
I also, met my dear, dear friend, Shannen....who I have been communicating with for 3 years and never met face to face!!! (We met on another DL board.) We met at DL and hung out for a couple of days with our hubbys. That was a true blessing. (See below...us at DL by the tree last Friday!)
I have learned valuable lessons on how to love, how to learn, and how to grow.
My family bonds are very strong. Stronger than ever. We are all happy, healthy, and loving life! My children are so close to us, and we are so grateful for that!!
I was able to travel to DL 3 times, and to see family in other states as well. And, I already have a plan to head to DL in Feb or Mar with Disney friends! Just a girls trip this time.
It's been a wonderful 2007 and I wish you ALL a beautiful 2008!!!!
Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 12-10-2007 at 08:47 PM.