View Poll Results: Who is the best cell provider?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nextel

0 0%
  • Sprint

0 0%
  • Verizon

13 52.00%
  • AT&T and (formerly Cingular)

6 24.00%
  • T-Mobile

5 20.00%
  • Other (not listed)

0 0%
  • I don't have a cell phone

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

What is the best cell phone service?

I happen to be with T-Mobile, their customer service and overall minutes offering is good. The best...eh, I dunno.

So what do you think. Let's get to the bottom of this question.

Who is best? And why?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: What is the best cell phone service?

I don't know... I've only had Sprint, and they suck.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• no flash photography...

cingular now at&t. I have never had any issues with them. The service is really good and the customer service, the few times I've had to call, has been better than I expected and they were very helpful.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I thought they all sucked!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I have Sprint. I am waiting out my plan. I get a lot of dropped calls, as does everyone in my family (we got a family plan, which... it was sold one way and it played out another) on the hill or off. I get random weird charges for no reason. During the fires no one could call and get through so I ended up with a lot of text messages (I apparently don't have text messages on my plan so $89.00 worth of text messages), but my calls couldn't go through... and a lot of people were having that because almost a million people were evacuated in California and apparently Sprint's whatever couldn't deal with that. I am kinda' pissed by that. Like if the service is down or your company can't handle it and it's an emergency situation, bend the rules to allow people to get a hold of other people... Oh! And for 4 days straight I've gotten calls for them asking if I want to switch my plan because I am paying so much (well it's Sprint's fault!) and if I change I get an additional camera cellphone. I think up here Verizon is the best.

• Banned User

Personally, it's NOT Verizon! I'm just waiting to switch!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Sprint is good enough for me.

I know it's not the best out there, but I've never really had any major problems.

Plus a few years ago and I used to work for a 3rd party vendor for Sprint so I got a MAJOR Employee discount which I've been able to maintain over the years by simply continually extending my contract.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I have AT&T, service is the best I've had and my company phone is Verizon. AT&T customer service sucks and is comparable to Time Warner, and Sprint customer service of being blamed for the company's mistake. My mother has T Mobile and the reception is one of the worst I've ever experienced and she has numerous dropped calls.
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    I have AT&T, service is the best I've had and my company phone is Verizon. AT&T customer service sucks and is comparable to Time Warner, and Sprint customer service of being blamed for the company's mistake. My mother has T Mobile and the reception is one of the worst I've ever experienced and she has numerous dropped calls.
    AT&T would be great if they could improve their customer service. I haven't had the best service, particularly with their phones. The phones they choose are of pooor quality. Don't get the insurance, it does nothing for you.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• no flash photography...

IMO, a lot of the dropped calls complaints are the phones not the company. I had a very inexpensive replacement phone and yes it dropped calls and got poor reception. I upgraded to another phone and the problem went away. I have used cingular/at&t since they were pacific bell. I really liek them and there call center customer service has always been very good for me. Some of the stores, not so much. I prefer not to go in the stores for help.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I have Sprint. I am waiting out my plan. I get a lot of dropped calls, as does everyone in my family (we got a family plan, which... it was sold one way and it played out another) on the hill or off. I get random weird charges for no reason. During the fires no one could call and get through so I ended up with a lot of text messages (I apparently don't have text messages on my plan so $89.00 worth of text messages), but my calls couldn't go through... and a lot of people were having that because almost a million people were evacuated in California and apparently Sprint's whatever couldn't deal with that. I am kinda' pissed by that. Like if the service is down or your company can't handle it and it's an emergency situation, bend the rules to allow people to get a hold of other people... Oh! And for 4 days straight I've gotten calls for them asking if I want to switch my plan because I am paying so much (well it's Sprint's fault!) and if I change I get an additional camera cellphone. I think up here Verizon is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Sprint is good enough for me.

I know it's not the best out there, but I've never really had any major problems.

Plus a few years ago and I used to work for a 3rd party vendor for Sprint so I got a MAJOR Employee discount which I've been able to maintain over the years by simply continually extending my contract.

I concur on the Sprint end, never go with them, they have a bunch of hidden fees, if you ever want to make any changes they extend your contract and their customer service sucks royally.

We are both up on our contracts next spring and are switching, when I called to see what deals they could offer someone whose been with them for about 3-4 years, I was told I could only $75.00 off the cost of a new phone and I would HAVE to renew my contract for 2 years.

So I asked, if my phone breaks tomorrow and I buy another one, I have no choice but to extend my contract. The girl goes, "That's correct Ma'am."

The only positive thing I can give them is I don't get many dropped calls if at all and if I do, it's usually because I'm on the bridge in the middle of Tampa Bay. Duh, middle of a body of water, even I don't expect to get service.

• Minion

I have Verizon and have always been really happy with it. Of course there's an occasional dropped call but this is rather rare. It's really convenient too since soo many people have Verizon, many of my calls are free.

• Hooterville, USA

Cingular has been good to us and they have roll-over minutes.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I have had T-Mobile since they started and have been very happy with them. The only problem I have with them is their limited selection of phones. They are either cheap ugly phones, millions of versions of Razrs, or expensive ok phones.

• Clearing my Calendar

We've been pretty happy with Verizon. No real complaints really.

We won't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast