• Former Cast Member

Knotts Food Vs. Disney Food

I was at Knotts, for the Christmas Kraft Fair, with my wife about a couple of weeks ago. We decided to eat dinner at the Calico Square Cafe (across from the old time photo shop) and I have to say that their food and portions and variety was so much better than some of Disney's restaurants (fast food places not included). Their meat loaf dinner was sooooo good and I had to compare it with the Plaza Inn food that we experienced the Saturday prior to our Knotts visit. The Pi's food and their serving could not even come close to the value that Knott's offered. You really got your money's worth. At the PI, I ordered a pasta dish and the serving was so skimpy and I had to ask the cast member a couple of times to add more meat sause to the food, which they barely did. That was not a hearty meal at all.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this comparison between the 2 parks?? Also, I realize that Knott's probably has crappy fast food service as well.
    Last edited by PLAZAINN1; 12-14-2007 at 12:55 PM.

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Knoots Food Vs. Disney Food

I've always thought that Knott's food was better.

Their theme park is worse.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The service isn't very good at Knotts but the food price wise and quality outshines Disneyland.

• Circle of Ancients

The Calico Saloon, Ghost Town Grill and Chicken Dinner Restaurant are indeed good.

Outside of that, not so much. Their counter-service food leaves WAY too much to be desired.

Of course, you will soon be able to eat Panda Express there. Screams old-west to me.

• Minion

Re: Knotts Food Vs. Disney Food

I like Disney food better.
    Har har har

Knott's sit-down restaurants seem to be equal, if not somewhat better tasting, than Disneyland's. However, their atmosphere, prices, and wait time for reservations seem to be much worse than Disneyland's.

Knott's vending carts for food/drinks, however, seem to be much worse than Disneyland's. It is much more expensive, definately undercooked, and it's hard to find an ODV cart there that sells all types of soda by about 5 in the afternoon.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I prefer Mrs. Knott's chicken to Plaza Inn chicken any day!
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Former Cast Member

You cannot go wrong with Mrs. Knotts' chicken dinners. I remember they used to have a Mrs. Knotts restaurant in Irvine off of Alton, then they got rid of it. That's a bummer.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I prefer Mrs. Knott's chicken to Plaza Inn chicken any day!
    Me too! I am not a fan of the Plaza Inn chicken.

• Functional & Decorative

I also totally agree that Knott's has much better food, especially in their restaurants. I've never cared for Disney food... although I will say that I think it's improving. Still, Knott's has Disney beat hands down, food-wise.

Although the best park for food that I've had so far is Knobels. Now that is some serious food! Wow! All comfort food, to be sure, but the variety can't be beat!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    You cannot go wrong with Mrs. Knotts' chicken dinners. I remember they used to have a Mrs. Knotts restaurant in Irvine off of Alton, then they got rid of it. That's a bummer.
    There was a Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant also off of Santa Margarita Pkwy in Mission Viejo. That particular restaurant became a Claim Jumper and the Knott's in Irvine is now an El Cholo Mexican Restaurant.

I have to agree that Knott's has better food. But IMO it always has had better food.

And the funnel cakes. Knott's funnel cakes owns Disney's. No questions asked.

• no flash photography...

we had the chicken dinner once at knotts. It was pretty good, the biscuits were gross though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    There was a Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant also off of Santa Margarita Pkwy in Mission Viejo. That particular restaurant became a Claim Jumper and the Knott's in Irvine is now an El Cholo Mexican Restaurant.
    That place gets me sick kinda' pissed to know I could have gotten fried chicken.

Knotts was my grandpa's favorite restaraunt. My mom tries to go there once a year for fried chicken. Last year my roommate and I, on a whim decided we needed their fried chicken while watching weird Korean movies (Old Boy, ew). So we drove down to Knotts, and they closed right as we were walking up! We ended up going to Marie Calendars and getting two pies, a 12 pack of beers, and 40 Year Old...Couldn't go on a whim to Disneyland for dinner.
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 12-14-2007 at 09:30 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Knotts fried chicken dinner is excellent, all of the sides with it are quite tasty, (try the rhubarb). Their funnel cakes are still the best that I have ever had. I have only eaten at Mrs. Knotts and the funnel cake place but there IMO there is no contest that Knott's fried chicken dinner is better than any at Disneyland and again the funnel cakes do not even compare.