Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

What was your worst gift ever? look at these bad gifts !

Here is some real funny but bad gifts people got from relatives and friends.

Reader ItsMelodie says:

My mother-in-law ... sent presents over ... I received a small sample bottle of hairspray, two wicker coasters and a sample pack of two maxi pads! The look on my husband's face Christmas morning was priceless!

Reader Yfp924 says:

One year I stuffed the kids stockings with their favorite DVDs and latest PS2 games. My husband's stocking contained a new wristwatch, cuff links and socks. My stocking contained pantyhose -- beige and size A (I'm 5'10, 180 lbs.) and a miniature screw driver set to repair eyeglasses. I don't wear glasses.

My mom grew up in a small town in Ohio ... Her friend has always been a bit loopy. She is known for buying cheap things at a garage sale, claiming she made the things herself. The worst gift she got me was a packet of cherry Kool-Aid. The worst thing she got my mom was one stick out of a five pack of chewing gum. No joke.

Reader SHELTONW3 says:

The worst gift I ever got was one out of a 5-pack of VHS tapes! A year later after I was running out of socks, I asked for socks and got duct tape!

Reader IXChihiroXI says:

My grandmother ... gave my sister this beautiful leather jacket and top of the line baby clothes ... she gave me a box of black hair dye. She said, "Red is such an ugly color for hair. I know you were born with that deformity, but at least you can fix it and have beautiful black hair like your sister." My mom slapped her

Reader HHandSM says:

My husband's grandmother owned three jewelry stores in West Palm Beach, Fla. For Christmas, my first year as a member of the family, everyone received rings, diamonds, watches, gold chains ... I received one tube of lip gloss. Go figure!

Reader Catmanct99 says:

One Christmas, my cousin who married money, gave everyone at the party a gift card for 100 dollars. I got the card and I opened it, and to my wonderful surprise ... it was a $5.00 gift coupon to McDonald's.

what really bad christmas presents have you gotten thru out the years?

one year my husband bought me a vacume and a bra, it was our 2nd year of marriage I can laugh about it now, but then I was just mad!!

• Banned User

Re: What was your worst gift ever? look at these bad gifts !

Misty W says:
    Ha! I once opened a box (I was about 24 years old) from my Dad and it was lacy, sexy panties! I was floored, but no more than he was as he grabbed the box out of my hand in front of the family and cried, "Uhhhhh....that isn't for you!" It was his gift for his new wife! Imagine how surprised she was to receive a book on how to raise a kitten since she is allergic!

grmpa says: In the 90's I recieved an electric skillet from my mother-in-law, it was still in the box and was a regift she recieved in the 70's

Skaggs says: A small bag of confections (chocolate chips, peanut brittle, etc.) labeled - I kid you not - "moose droppings" from my sister-in-law.

a billy ray cyrus photo book from an uncle (and I am not a fan)

. Abraham says: I received a Bed Pan.... Yes I said Bed Pan, it was certainly interesting especailly because it was an antique made of tin. I used it as a planter and have received compliments on it! Made the best of it!

Mama Mo says: A talking fish from my husband.

A silk see through nightie from my GRANDMA. This was before I had a kid. Guess Grandma was trying to tell me something.

B. Little says: One Christmas, my mother gave my husband Beano (for gas). I was speechless.

Prochniak says: As a wedding gift, I received a fuzzy poster already colored in!

• Minion

[quote=Hakuna Makarla;2407022]Misty W says:
    Ha! I once opened a box (I was about 24 years old) from my Dad and it was lacy, sexy panties! I was floored, but no more than he was as he grabbed the box out of my hand in front of the family and cried, "Uhhhhh....that isn't for you!" It was his gift for his new wife!
    My Mother in Law gave me some sexy lacy thongs a few years back for christmas.....................................yep my MIL!!!!!!
    She said the color made her think of me since I love all things coral.
    My FIL was shocked that she would have bought those for me, and we all had a good laugh about it.
    Every year since I buy a pair of sexy thongs for her as a gag gift!

one year my husband bought we some kitchen bakeware. which was fine. He also wrapped up the free costco cookbook. I got a wet floor cleaner. this year he offered a bowling ball. but I declined at told him to go to bath and body works. It is kind of funny. but, atleast he tries.

• Senior Minion

my uncle lives in california so he has to do all his shopping when he gets here and i always get stuck with something from the discovery store.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

One year a former boyfriend handed me a small box. Inside was the ugliest pin I had ever seen. I think it was supposed to be a tiger. He gave me that and a couple cheap, tacky white tiger figurines. Guess he was going with a theme or something. Really made me mad because I got him a rare video game he'd been wanting and it took me several months to track it down.

• Man O Lantern

Just last night I received 2 ugly martini glasses with an olive on them, a Vespa mug, and a pink tie dye Piggly Wiggly t-shirt from my sister.

I bought her a $100 Coach wristlet. That I'm now returning because I'm actually offended by her gifts. Again. Happens every year.

I think I'll get her a $25 Williams Sonoma gift card instead. Which is nicer than she deserves....again. But I want my money back on that wristlet.

• For You!

My mother in law bought me a teal t-shirt with a coyote and desert background on it - with the words Arizona on it. Looked like one of those cheesy shirts you get at a gas station - She also got my husband a cheap polo shirt that had a hole in it - and it was way too small.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Just last night I received 2 ugly martini glasses with an olive on them, a Vespa mug, and a pink tie dye Piggly Wiggly t-shirt from my sister.

I bought her a $100 Coach wristlet. That I'm now returning because I'm actually offended by her gifts. Again. Happens every year.

I think I'll get her a $25 Williams Sonoma gift card instead. Which is nicer than she deserves....again. But I want my money back on that wristlet.
    Keep the wristlet for yourself!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I got a belt that said "Manhattan Beach" on it... Problem? It was for a man and I was like 10... Same uncle got me a cheese set for all the entertaining I did at my old apartment.

• Banned User

Oh man, I am rolling here, the martini glasses, the see thru undies, the belt, the tee shirt with the hole in it, oh man these are scary presents way to funny..... or is it

• For You!

Well, we could discuss other presents - my in-laws are just classic gift givers.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Keep the wristlet for yourself!
    I would but I have two I already love, and I'd love the cash.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Well, we could discuss other presents - my in-laws are just classic gift givers.
    well, one year my mother in law sent me a box full of trinkets she bought from orental trading and collected over the years. I was like what? it was a huge box, and I was so excited until I opened it. it had things like rain hats, and plastic poncho's, and even had a naked pen. ( the kind that you tip and the ladys bathing suit comes down . she was a wacky lady !!

• Directly directed

My grandparents bought me this little girls sweater and jean jumper. When I was 17.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast