View Poll Results: Do you believe in Santa?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

13 43.33%
  • No.

6 20.00%
  • I believe in the idea of Santa.

9 30.00%
  • Other, please explain below..

2 6.67%

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Mommy, is Santa real?

That was the question that was given to me by my 7yr old while riding in the car. My reply, "If you choose to believe he is then he will be for you. Some people will tell you that they don't believe in Santa and that's fine, you choose what you want to believe."

Her response, "Well I am going to believe in Santa because it just makes Christmas that much more fun!"

So I ask you, do you believe in Santa?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Mommy, is Santa real?

I use the line my wise old Mom has always said:

"I believe in Santa and nothing is going to change my mind about it. You can believe whatever you want.

Chad"

• Circle of Ancients

I believe "Santa" is the spirit of "Christmas" in it's non-religious form ...

There is "CHRISTmas" in the traditional "Birth of Christ" sense and there is "christmas" in the general "everybody" sense.

Both can exist and one is not mutually exclusive of the other if you choose to believe in both.

But don't forget ... Santa can spell Satan ... spooky.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I like the idea of Santa. I don't like "ack crazy must buy everything!" of Christmas. Plus there is a guy up here that looks exactly like Santa so when you're in the super market and you see this guy... you put yourself into check. Even at 26 I know Santa's around. He's hanging out at Starbucks.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

LOL!

It's also

A Ants
    A Tans
    An Sat
    Tan As
    Ant As

You believe what you want. I like the full name Santa Claus and I believe

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I believe "Santa" is the spirit of "Christmas" in it's non-religious form ...

There is "CHRISTmas" in the traditional "Birth of Christ" sense and there is "christmas" in the general "everybody" sense.

Both can exist and one is not mutually exclusive of the other if you choose to believe in both.

Reminds me of an old Church Lady skit!

"Could it beeee....Satan?"
    She did it!

• Goofy

I will always believe in santa.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I believe in the person that was St. Nicholas.....which I believe we derive Santa Claus from...........so what we plan to tell my son is that Santa Claus brings gifts to girls and boys in celebration of the Birth of Baby Jesus.....because really, isn't that what St. Nicholas did?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I believe in Santa for what he truly is.

A morbidly obese man, in a red sweatsuit with white trim, who enjoys breaking and entering into people's homes, stealing cookies from children, and leaving stolen merchandise under a dead plant.

Unless Santa's elves work in the companies that make the toys ,I doubt the elves actually do much work. In fact, I'm sure if they are making toys such as Wiis or Tickle Me Elmos Mattel and Nintendo would be very interested in that operation because they hold the copyright for those toys, not Santa.

Santa is a thief and a weirdo who sold out to Coca-Cola years ago.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    I believe in Santa for what he truly is.

A morbidly obese man, in a red sweatsuit with white trim, who enjoys breaking and entering into people's homes, stealing cookies from children, and leaving stolen merchandise under a dead plant.

Unless Santa's elves work in the companies that make the toys ,I doubt the elves actually do much work. In fact, I'm sure if they are making toys such as Wiis or Tickle Me Elmos Mattel and Nintendo would be very interested in that operation because they hold the copyright for those toys, not Santa.

Santa is a thief and a weirdo who sold out to Coca-Cola years ago.
    Let's see, scratch Tui off of the "nice" list.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• no flash photography...

I have never liked santa. I remeber being freaked out by him as a child. Every picture of me with santa I'm screaming or crying. I have no idea why my mother forced me to sit on his lap or knowing how scared I was of him continuing the lie. I was scared of him when i saw him in the stores and the idea of that man coming into my house while I was sleeping freaked me out.
    Last edited by SCUBAbe; 12-17-2007 at 09:14 PM.

• My cuties!

I always liked "Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus" to explain Santa to children:

We take pleasure in answering thus prominently the communication below, expressing at the same time our great gratification that its faithful author is numbered among the friends of The Sun:

Dear Editor—

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. Papa says, “If you see it in The Sun, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, is there a Santa Claus?

Virginia O’Hanlon

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The external light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if you did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

http://beebo.org/smackerels/yes-virginia.html

• white and nerdy

I used to not believe in Santa, but then I met the guy.

Nice fella. A bit... oh.... wanting for attention, but a nice guy.

Oh, and don't get him started about dadaism... The man goes on and on about how stupid it is and how it's just dumb artists babbling to themselves trying to be all hip and modern and how he can't believe Martha bought him that reproduction of "Cut with the Dada Kitchen Knife through the Last Weimar Beer-Belly Cultural Epoch in German".
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert