Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Christmas in July

Well kiddos, it's July 26th. It is officially closer to next Christmas than it is to last Christmas! Let the countdown begin!

In this awful summer heat, I find myself yearning for all the things I like about the Christmas season: the chilly air, wearing beautiful scarves, the music, preparing for the big holiday, the sounds of synthesized bells....

Then I look outside at the world baking outside my window.

I am *so* ready for Christmas to be here.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Re: Christmas in July

I WANT SNOW NOW!!! I miss it...I miss freezing my face off everytime I step outside and wearing gloves and barely being able to hold my cigarette because of it. I miss crunching snow under my shoes and truly I do miss wiping the snow off my car. The thing I miss most is cuddling up to my wonderful husband when it gets really cold! I know it's not how your Christmas and winter time are. But, it's mine! I might get sick of it soon because I've only had one Christmas here. But, for now it's beautiful and I miss it!

• Minion

omg, i'm sorry but i think you'all need to see a doctor!!
    i can't stand the thought of christmas...all the baking, shopping, screaming crying, being nice to the ex....ugh! then the cold weather, and cooking for 800 people who all have eating disorders to match their personality disorders.... ahhhh! ok...deep breath...better now... where's my xanax
    please be afraid.

• Material Girl

Christmas here means summer ~ and I am so ready for summer. Looking out my window right now, it's grey and windy outside - blergh Roll on December!

• insufferable know-it-all

The baking! I almost forgot about the baking! I miss the baking. Too hot to turn on the oven right now....

Baked goods and cocoa, mmm.....

I miss waking up on a cold cold day and having a nice cuppa tea.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Feel the breeze!

Well, Disney gave me a pair of early Christmas presents... very much a surprise.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Morrigoon, you are SO my kind of people! Sometimes Garry will come home early and I'll be standing in the kitchen baking something with the Christmas music blaring. He just looks at me and smiles.

The other day I was working on a new Christmas CD I've been compiling. Garry was watching TV in the other room and when I walked by him he just smiled. I said, "Yes, I'm working on Christmas stuff." He replied, "Well, it IS July."

I love him.

When I put up our tree last year (Garry doesn't really help because he's a big Scrooge... until everything's done and the presents arrive!), I was already planning on what I'd do this year. I have a couple of trees and several sets of ornament themes, so I try to rotate them throughout the years.

Last summer I spent weeks transfering all of my parents old Christmas LP's onto CD. Then I scanned the album covers and designed CD inserts using original artwork.

I am a complete Christmas geek. Anytime, anywhere. Plop a Santa hat on my head, stick a cookie in my mouth, and put Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians on the HiFi and I'm a happy little elf.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I sent emails to all my friends/family yesterday saying Happy Christmas in July!

Yay for Christmas and all the decorations and gift giving and tv specials (Peanuts, Rudolph, all those) and baking and wearing heavy clothing to stay warm and parties and eggnog and lights and friends and family and carols and chalupas and .......... ok that's enough.

• For old time sake

baking. It's all about baking. I love baking dozens and dozens of cookies, so if you all like:

Gingerbread men
    sugar cookies
    mint surprises (sugar cookies with Andes mints hidden in the middle)

Let me know......
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Banned User

in some areas you could make holiday goodies outside without a grill.. LOL

YAY.. Time to do my last minute shopping now...

• That's Hawt

UGH! Just what I want ... another friggin 22 feet of snow in a week ... YAY! Just what I want ... a four hour drive to get home (It's only 11 miles people! and it normally takes me 15 minutes!) Jesus, that's really what I want. UGH. I HATE winter in Tahoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Back home :-(

Count me as a baker... my family loves shortbread (we have a killer family recipe) and my husband's family is through and through German, so the entire month of December I'm making stollen, gingerbread, various german cakes (his Oma kindly translated all of the recipes for me, she's a doll), shortbread, sugar cookies, chocolate truffles, biscotti, fudge and whatever other recipes I dig out (usually from the Martha Stewart Christmas Cookbook *ducks for incoming flames*).

My husband and I are HUGE Christmas fanatics (almost as much as Disneyland!). I have a 13 piece Christmas village set (which I'm giving to my sister because the pieces are to big and I don't have enough room to display them - I'm going to be buying the Dept. 56 pieces during our trip to DL in August). Our tree is always the biggest one we can fit into our apartment (last year we fit a 6 1/2 foot tree in the back of - not on the roof - our Hyundai Accent) and we have lots of other various Christmas decorations.

For Christmas music, I have tons and tons of "Christmas Cocktail" themed cds - think Ol' Blue Eyes and Dean Martin. Fun stuff.

Disneykat, we should organize a cookie exchange over MiceChat! That would be fun... (or am I crazy? )

• LoisAlene

LOL - I just listened to the Christmas version of the fireworks show, followed by a Christmas episode of the Simpsons. It's funny how that always seems to happen about this time of year.
    Anybody ready for a countdown clock to Christmas yet?

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Ohhhhh normally my boys and I watch Christmas movies every July, this year we've been so busy we haven't! I'll have to pull them out now~

Count me in the baking group. Last year I think was my all time high. I think that I made somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 different varieties of cookies and treats at about 3-5 dozen each kind. It was massive. Cyneeyore and I did the plates up and it took FOREVER! LMAO

I love Christmas too. This year will be a completely new experience. Even though I'm overjoyed to finally own my own home I'm at least 4 hours away from all my various family members. So Christmas Day it will be just the four of us, that's never happened before.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

*sigh*
    christmas.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today