Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Memories of Christmas' past...

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    This is a silly memory, but, a memory nonetheless!!!!

When I was about 7, I remember going shopping with my mom for Christmas, and then my dad for Christmas. Each of them bought slippers for the other, and I remember thinking it was SOOOOO funny that they'd both bought slippers for the other one! I don't know why it was so hilarious to me, but, hey...I was 7 !!!
    I think this is very funny!

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Just thought of another one, this time my kids. My son's "big" present one year was a new Gameboy. This was when they were brand new, and I think cost $99.00. Anyway....we bought it, and put it away and one day on the way to driving my kids to school, my daughter says to her brother, "You're gonna love your present...you're gonna play it..." then she stopped, and started bawling. She realized she'd totally given away his "BIG" present for the year! I felt so sorry for her as she was such a tender heart!
    This reminds me when I was a kid how every year we would get my grandfather a Harley Davidson shirt "from me". Totally not an unexpected gift or anything. Well, one year I was about 6 and I was just so excited 'cause the shirt came with a shirt for me - it was a picture of pigs riding the motorcycles (Hogs riding Hogs, get it?). I was just busting with the thought that we'd look a-like that when we arrived at their house I bursted out, "We got matching shirts this year!"

Then, realizing I'd just "given away" his present, started bawling. I couldn't believe I had revealed his present.

A present he was totally expecting anyway.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I remember Christmas 1986:

My brother, Mikey, had gotten a Nerf Football........and we were tossing it around and having fun........and then a friend of the families was standing and said, "Hey Mikey toss it here." So, my brother innocently tossed it to him.......however, he didn't toss it too well and it ricoquet'd (sp?) off of Grandma Ginny's head and she yelled out a great "OH!" and the football went in the other direction.

It probably sounds really bad, but it didn't hurt Grandma - just startled her - but the rest of us were in stitches......we always referred to it as the year Grandma got belted by the Football.

About two weeks before Christmas 2004 I had a box delivered to my home with an Apple Inc. label on it. My wife, aka Band_of_Gypsies, had seen this box and was hoping for an iPod, so she assumed I had bought her an iPod. On Christmas morning, we opened our gifts, and when all the wrapping paper had settled, there was no iPod for my wife. She asked, "is that it?" and she looked disappointed but tried to be brave. I then sent our son to go to the stairs and bring one last gift. It was for my wife from me, and it was the most expensive iPod that Apple sold at the time.

My wife CRIED when she opened it. Tears of joy. It was the most rewarding response I had ever gotten from her on Christmas. Unfortunately, my video camera had run out of video tape just a minute before my wife received this last gift.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12