• Circle of Ancients

What strange/unusual gifts have you received this Christmas (or in the past)?

Someone delivered a tray of cookies to me along with an abalone shell and two oyster shells. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to serve or eat the cookies out of the shells or what.
    Now if this was a person who knew that I like sushi or oysters , I would still be confused since there was no fish in the shells. I'm thinking maybe the person collected the shells herself in which case it was a sweet gift from the heart. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with the shells.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: What strange/unusual gifts have you received this Christmas (or in the past)?

I can't think of anything unusual I received from anyone. Usually, it's the same things I get from hubby's side of the family. I swear I have a billion Coke glasses in my kitchen cabinet.

Are those shells pretty Anne? If they are, the only thing I can think of is put a bar of soap in it and display in your bathroom. Or find someone that actually collects shells and recycle.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Re: What strange/unusual gifts have you received this Christmas (or in the past)?

I got an ugly wall clock from my g/f parents two years ago. I had to do the fake "Ohhhhhhh, I love it!" "This is awesome."
    A freakin wall clock? THe next year I gave it away as a white elephant gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Banned User

I once got the UGLIEST rhinestone, cactus, bolo tie looking necklace! It was hideous!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

A couple of years ago, from my best friend's mother (who I have known over half my life), I got a condiment set consisiting of 3 squirt bottles for ketchup, mayo, and mustard that sat in what looked like a miniature plastic picnic table with a miniature umbrella. I gave it as a white elephant gift last year, and it showed up again this year in our annual white elephant gift exchange (thankfully, I didn't get it again!).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

White elephants are always creepy... I went to one for work one year and there was a "toy" and underpants that one could eat. Luckily I got the Barnes and Nobles gift card.

I got a cheese tray. Yes a cheese tray. Shaped like a snowman.

• Man O Lantern

Last year at a white elephant party, I came home with candles and two Wham albums. Albums. I was excited.

I gave an OSU basketball player nutcracker and a Stone Cold Steve Austin cookie jar.

I say I scored.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    White elephants are always creepy... I went to one for work one year and there was a "toy" and underpants that one could eat. Luckily I got the Barnes and Nobles gift card.

I got a cheese tray. Yes a cheese tray. Shaped like a snowman.
    That's cheesy. j/k

You could put other things on the tray besides cheese.