Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Wasn't Me!

Your Best Friend...

Sometimes all you need is a reminder of who your friends are!

Go ahead...tell us about your best friend!! Give us the who, what, when and where!

My best friend is my honey!!He is 5'11, beautiful dark hair and eyes!! Just the man of my dreams. But he is honestly my best friend!!

We talk on the phone when we drive to and from work. We send e-mails back and forth. We do EVERYTHING together! And we alwasy have a great time just being together, no matter what we are doing!! And the best part is that in a year and a half we have not had an argument or fight!! That is such a wonderful thing!!!

So, tell us about your best friend?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Your Best Friend...

My best friend is Sara, and we could be sisters. In fact, whenever we go out, and I mean every time, people ask us if we're sisters. She's beautiful and classy and smart and fun, and truly the greatest person I've had the pleasure to know.

We met in 10th grade when I was 14, but we soon discovered that we'd gone to the same pre-school in the same class, even. She gets me like no one else does, and she has been there for me through not only the best but also the very worst times of my life.

I love my best friend.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• /sigh

My best friend for the last 10 years has been my cutie. We met in theatre class back in high school, and bonded ever since; once friends, turned into a lifetime romance. We've been through everything together and I can't imagine anyone else who would be willing to put up with me! Hes the silliest, most charming man, and my love and best friend he shall always be.

End mushy dialog rant.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I have quite a few best friends - those who I confide in and would do anything for, and they reciprocate. We also understand when we're too busy for each other, and sometimes don't see each other that often. But, we always know we're best of friends and are never forgotten. I love my friends dearly. They are family to me.

My "bestest" friend, however, is my honey, Frodo Potter. Not only do we have romance, but we also have just "fun and silly" times also. We can talk about anything, and we can just sit back and play games together with a competitive edge. We can snuggle while watching TV, or even heckle bad movies (ala MST3K). We just love being around each other. I can't imagine life without him.

• Original Mice-Chatter

About my childhood best friend- from my LJ
    Sometimes odd things come about that remind us of things in our past. There have been reports in the news lately about the discovery of a body found in the water, which might be the missing woman who was reported missing from her yacht. My mother and I were pondering if her husband had anything to do with her "accidental" drowning, and that led us to wonder what had ever happened with the investigation into the death of my childhood best friend, who also died from "accidental" drowning.

Laurie was lost from my life on 11/13/1998, 7 years this coming November. In all this time I have known almost nothing about the details of her death. Other than what her mother told us when she called to let us know she was gone. We knew there had been an accident, and Laurie had drowned in a car in a lake. There were suspicious circumstances- and it was under investigation. Other than that, all we had was speculation. We had heard that her boyfriends story had changed a couple of times, and that made it worse for us. Over the years I have come to believe in my heart that he had something to do with her death. If I am wrong, fine, I'm wrong. If I am right, may God have mercy on his soul.

After we started talking about it, Mom started searching for info online. She first found her obituary. The reminder that she left two small children behind was heart rending all over again. Jake should be around 13 now, Raven is around 10. I have not seen them in a long time. I need to make an effort to get back in touch with Wanda, her mother, and Laurie's children.

Then she did a search for articles on her death- we found two. The cold details of the story, and the graphic images that arose from those words was like being violently hit in the stomach. I felt ill. I could not breathe and all I could do was cry. It was one more damn from my past bursting out, and all the feelings were laid bare and raw. In 1998 I was numb, and I shut away the pain and focused on the memories. Upon reading about her death and her last moments I was unable to hide away from the agony of losing her, or the horror at the manner of her death.

When we were younger she used to say she would die young, would not live to see 30. I used to get furious with her, and yet she fulfilled her own prophecy and died at 26. It is even sadder to relate that my last contact with Laurie was an argument. She was with a horrible, unfaithful, abusive man, it broke my heart, and I fought with her about her choices. Our last words were hurtful and angry, but I have to believe she knows I loved her.

The police say there was no foul play. Perhaps my view is so colored by years of belief that when I read her "boyfriends" account of the "accident" and his proclaimations of his attempts to save her, I still feel in my gut that he had more to do with this than anyone knows. There are no follow up stories about the results of the examination of the vehicle. If I had the case # I could get the case file from the Colorado State Patrol, but I don't, and it is not something I would ask for.

This summer I plan to go to San Isabel Lake, and find the area where the accident happened. I plan to spend some time there and make my own peace with my loss. I am also going to write to her mother and make plans to go see her and Laurie's children. It's time for that, past time in fact. I hope to also be able to visit her final resting place. I do not know if she was buried or cremated- either way....I have to settle this in my heart.
    Sadly I have still not been able to go to the lake. Life keeps getting in the way.

Sorry to be sad- but she was my best friend and would probably be today if she was still alive.

My closest best friend is my mother- my next closest best friend is the gal I talk to all the time *ahem* DP.......I have some friends here in Colorado- but few I share things with the way I do those two. But I have found many good friends here- hugs!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I met my best friend in 7th grade. We met on a Thursday, she came over for a sleepover the next day and we were inseperable from that day forward. Sadly, she moved away only 8 months later. We are still best friends though and I think it is amazing that we only spent 8 months of our lives together in 7th grade, and yet we still consider each other our best friend. We have visited each other several times (she moved to Washington state), I was maid of honor in her wedding, I flew there to see her daughter when she was born and she came to see my son when he was born. We just had an instant bond from the moment we met, it was just indescribeable.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Sorry to be sad- but she was my best friend and would probably be today if she was still alive.
    Nephy, even though it occurred so long ago, I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't even know what I would do in your situation. That's so hard.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I have different best friends.

Rob - my longest known best friend as we have been friends since 1980.

Lisa - my funnest (yes I know thats not a word but humor me) best friend as we have the best time when we are together.

Casey - my best gay friend that I can talk to about anything and all that jazz.

Dan - my best ex boyfriend. We still make each other laugh and have great times together shopping and visiting.

My sister Anne - my best relative friend as, well, I just love her so much!

The list goes on and on but these are a few.

• Minion

my best friend is now my boyfriend. we met 4 years ago, i casually dated(my first dating experience after my divorce...what a disaster!) his best friend at the time. during that period, we got really close, but there was no attraction (well at least on my part, it was very obvious to me and others that he had deep feelings for me) he was the person who got me thru my divorce and all the crap that went along with it. he is such an amazing, wonderful, thoughtful caring,peaceful loving person!last year, i moved to the other side of the country, and that's when i realized he is THE ONE. i moved back and it's been the most incredible thing to be in love with your best friend!!! i'm glad that we got to really care for each other as people and human beings before the romance side started. WOW!!!! i still consider him my best friend above all.
    please be afraid.

my best friend is Debbie. We met in 1988 during our freshmen oritentation for high school and later found we were in the same homeroom. Over that year we chatted about many a things. In the summer of 1989 she moved out of town to Cuba, NY and we continuted writing letters (yes before email). We even went to the Wham concert in Toronto, Ontario and had alot of fun.

Then she moved back to go to college in Buffalo and we had alot of fun hanging out again. We could finish each others sentances. Then after college she moved to Atlanta and then to Virginia and then back to Atlanta. An we still communicate today.

In fact on our 30th birthdays (which are two weeks apart) we went to Walt Disney World.

• insufferable know-it-all

My best friend is Chernabog.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Back home :-(

My best friend, hands down, is my husband. We were best friends before we started dating, which is nice, because he gets me better than anyone else. The funny thing is, we started out hating each other (hello middle school), then ended up becoming best friends, then started dating... the rest is history. We just click together - we know what the other is thinking/feeling and we LOVE spending time together (I guess that's kind of a requirement for a marriage - liking to spend time together ) The scary thing is, from the moment we started dating, we knew we would get married.

A close second would be my older sister Tara. She lives 8 hours away and quite frankly, I'm not sure how much more my phonebill can take. She and I have only recently (last year or two) grown really close. She's 13 years older than myself, so I don't really remember her being in the house (she went away to boarding school when she was 16 - her choice) but we're so similar it's scary. When people see us together, they're always like "Uh, yeah, they're sisters" If my husband ever wants to find out if I'll like a present (the only thing he occasionally needs help with - he just has to call her - she thinks of what she'd like and usually she's dead on to what I want! )

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

My best friend is named Randi. I met her back at a group meet for a concert in 2001. We didn't click instantly AT ALL. She was just so different that I was totally intimiadated by her. But a few weeks later, another friend and I were down to see an IMAX movie near where Randi's husband was stationed, and I nervously called her for directions. She came to the movie and we all ended up talking for hours in the parking lot afterwards.

She had a really hard childhood and teenagerhood but faced all of her challenges to grow into this amazing person. She's the only person who can be totally straight with me. Sha has no qualms with letting me know when I'm being just plain stupid. She's been with me through so much - even times when I was so absolutely horrible to her that she should have ended our friendship but miraculously didn't.

She was one of the reasons I moved to CA - her husband had gotten reassigned to Ft. Irwin, and being states away was just too much. We still hardly see each other... she lives too far away for anything less than a weekend visit. Her husband's in Iraq and she has a son to look after as well. But that makes the times we see each other even better!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

My best friend is Lorraine....We met in 1991 when we where both box girls for Albertsons. A year later we where both promoted to service deli! We did everything together..movies, dinner, just hung out....About 9 years ago..After she decided to come out of the closet with her parents (I had already known for several years) she moved to San Fransisco to find herself and move closer to her sister.
    In 2001 she came to visit for a week, it was just like old times (Except I has come down with a bad cold will she was here!)
    2 years ago I made a trip to Oakland to visit with her!
    and just yesterday I found out that she needs a Disneyland fix and will be here September 5th, 6th, & 7th with her new girlfriend and her sister!
    I can't wait to see my best friend again!!!

• Minion

My best friend is my husband Eric. He is 6'6". He has reddish brown hair and wears glasses. He lives(with me) in Menomonee Falls, WI. He is wonderful, caring, supportive, and he understands me like noone ever has. He is my favorite person to hang out with, laugh with, cry with, talk with, and spend my life with. He is the joy of my life and I love him more than anything in the world!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast