Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Horrible Experience Which Pratically Ruined My Christmas...........

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    It is the plicy of the USPS to have a person wait for 21 days after the mailing. All the info is on their web site. That policy totally sucks, just more red tape the average person has to go through.
    USPS Insurance Claim Timetable from USPS website.

When to File for Loss or Damage

File claims as follows:

a. For damaged or missing contents, a customer should file a claim immediately, but must file no later than 60 days from the date of mailing.

b. For a lost article, a customer must file a claim within the time limits in the chart below.

Your item counts as damaged or missing contents. The 21 days is for lost items, the intent being that the item may show up during that time. Your item has arrived destroyed, so go to the nearest post office ASAP and file your claim. You do need to present the item, packaging and packing materials as proof, but do it soon because on Wednesday the post offices will be slammed with other claimants. Good luck!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I'm sorry for all the trouble you've had to go through...I had the same thing happen a while back. I went to my credit card company to reverse the charge on the item. I sent them a copy of the emails sent to the seller (and any responses, if any) and sent a detailed letter about the steps I took. I think I had to wait a certain amount of time before filing (2 weeks or so), but after I sent all the paperwork (and if it's not too late, I would include pictures of how it was packed and what it looked like when you received it). They reversed all the charges before my next billing cycle. If I remember right, either Paypal or ebay was alerted to what happened, but I would make sure and file a claim with ebay on this too.

• Former Cast Member

I am very sorry to hear of your situation too. I tell ya, some of these sellers on ebay are scammers and hurt the honest sellers. I am still trying to get this person to respond and he is not. My wife totally understood and she does love me for the thought, but I DID let it get to me. I hope your Christmas was great!! Happy Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I am so sorry, I was ticked off this week to, I finally found a spiderman costume that has fiberoptics and muscles. my boy has wanted it forever and when I found one I bid and won. when it arrived the tag was glued onto the costume and it had acual mold on it. the fiber optics did not work, and I have played hell all over town trying to find the button batteries that fit it. I finally got it clean, and looking good, but no where in town had the stupid batteries. seems there was a run on them. the seller sent it out 10 days later aftewr I paid 30 seconds later on ebay thru paypal! So I get it, it sucks and he says" Well I believe it was in good shap when I sent it. as it was new.... yeah new in some back garage!!
    It sucks big time when crap goes wrong, I am so sorry for the poor goofy.
    Your a wonderful husband, do not worry, she adores you for thinking so much of her to work this hard in getting her one.
    I gave the son the costume today, he is pretty happy with it though..

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You might want to file a complaint against the seller through ebay as well if you can.

Oh I intend too. Right now I am giving him every opportunity to respond. This is convenitent for the seller as well, since it is eating into his 14 day return policy.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Oh I HATE sellers that wait to leave feedback; they are supposed to give feedback based on how the payment goes not based on what you give them.

Good luck getting it resolved!

Thanks Twinmom, I appreciate that. I know it is amazing how some sellers operate. I had another one do that to me and I let them have it, cuz they were trying to justify their actions.

• Former Cast Member

Thanks Jazzman for all of your help, I appreciate it. I will let you guys know of the outcome of this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    USPS Insurance Claim Timetable from USPS website.

Your item counts as damaged or missing contents. The 21 days is for lost items, the intent being that the item may show up during that time. Your item has arrived destroyed, so go to the nearest post office ASAP and file your claim. You do need to present the item, packaging and packing materials as proof, but do it soon because on Wednesday the post offices will be slammed with other claimants. Good luck!

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    I'm sorry for all the trouble you've had to go through...I had the same thing happen a while back. I went to my credit card company to reverse the charge on the item. I sent them a copy of the emails sent to the seller (and any responses, if any) and sent a detailed letter about the steps I took. I think I had to wait a certain amount of time before filing (2 weeks or so), but after I sent all the paperwork (and if it's not too late, I would include pictures of how it was packed and what it looked like when you received it). They reversed all the charges before my next billing cycle. If I remember right, either Paypal or ebay was alerted to what happened, but I would make sure and file a claim with ebay on this too.

Thanks Villiansfan. I will follow those steps in getting this resolved.

• Banned User

I sure hope you get all your money back. this really sucked and on christmas to! The seller contacted me, said he would give me a partial refund. a partial, for the darn suit being moldy and not working? that and he sent it media mail when I paid for priority and it came weeks later! But I let it go, just do not want that stress. my son loves it, I got it clean, and though it does not light up, he thinks its the cats meow
    I am praying your situation comes out perfect, you get money back and no stress over this any more

• Minion

Here is a sucky little experience I had to endure. My wife has been a long time Dopey fan and over the past few years I have added to her growing collection. One item she did not have was the big statue of Dopey. She has tried, unsuccessfully, ti win the item on ebay, when it came up for auction. Unfortunately she would never win. Anyway, last week I found one for auction with no bidders. I put in on watch and on the day it was to end, I made a bid with about 40 seconds left for $250 (it was going for $150). Well within the last few seconds two other bidders tried to bid, but I ended up winning it. I was soooo ecstatic, knowing that I was going to totally surprise my wife. Anyway, I shot off an email to the seller, who lives in PA. I asked him if it would arrive by Christmas. First off he took it upon himself to priotiy mail it w/o contacting me. He then emailed me back stating that I owed him an additional #20 for the express shipping. Well I had no prob with that. I ended up getting the box this past Saturday. I took it over to my mom's house, where she was going to help me wrap it. Well we opened the box and the Dopey statue was completely broken. My heart totally dropped. I was so frickin angry that I wanted my fist going through a wall. The way the person wrapped this fragile item was disgraceful. It was wrapped in a weak one sheet tissue paper and a one sheet, flimsy foam wrap and then the box was stuffed loosely with balled up newspaper and one layer of newspaper at the bottom of the box. This seller did insure the box, so now I will probably have to file a claim with the post office, but I have to wait 21 days after the mailing of this box to do it (which does not make sense). I have emailed this person, with no response. I have another recourse to go through ebay and file a claim with them as well, but this all takes time and I am out $200. I ended up finding another statue and bought it for $130.00. I pleaded with this seller (from Florida) to make sure to package the item right and safely, so I do not experience this situation again. Anyway the element of surprise is gone. Oh well !!!!
    I am so sorry, I was ticked off this week to, I finally found a spiderman costume that has fiberoptics and muscles. my boy has wanted it forever and when I found one I bid and won. when it arrived the tag was glued onto the costume and it had acual mold on it. the fiber optics did not work, and I have played hell all over town trying to find the button batteries that fit it. I finally got it clean, and looking good, but no where in town had the stupid batteries. seems there was a run on them. the seller sent it out 10 days later aftewr I paid 30 seconds later on ebay thru paypal! So I get it, it sucks and he says" Well I believe it was in good shap when I sent it. as it was new.... yeah new in some back garage!!
    It sucks big time when crap goes wrong, I am so sorry for the poor goofy.
    Your a wonderful husband, do not worry, she adores you for thinking so much of her to work this hard in getting her one.
    I gave the son the costume today, he is pretty happy with it though..
    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Amazon told me that if I shipped 2 things seperately (a cookbook in one package and then Preserve stuff in another) I would get them in time for Christmas (the fancy recycled toothbrushes and the fancy razors.). It cost $20 in shipping. I was told one package would get here the 18th the other the 21st. The cookbook came the 15th (2 days) and I still don't have the toothbrushes or razors. Which wouldn't be an issue except I told everyone "don't get toothbrushes or razors for stockings!" Kinda' pissed. If I had known this 13 days ago I would have just gone down the hill...That's my online vent.

Oh guys!! I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I personally WON'T use ebay EVER because I was burnt by them along time ago. I'm surprised with Amazon though, I get books that I can't get here from them all the time.

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Directly directed

I'm so sorry! That totally sucks. I hope that you get the situation resolved!!

• Banned User

That's really terrible. I'd be really upset too.

When I hear a story like this, my daughter tells me a tale of Christmas day (yesterday) when a child came in to the hospital where she works, with an arm that was dangling, from being broken in half!!!!!!!!! And, I realize that it's that type of thing that is REALLY upsetting and horrible.

A broken Dopey is REALLY frustrating, and I'd have had a fit....but...when you think of what that child went through and the parent too, it puts my things into perspective for me!!! I was equally frustrated over a broken Ebay item myself yesterday and when she told me that story, I realized that I had no problem compared to that poor parent and child!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, I know how frustrating it can be when you know you have the perfect gift, only to have it ruined.

I do hope you get your money back in this situation but definitely fight them on it, otherwise they will do it to someone else.

Honestly, it's why I never buy anything on Ebay, you just never know what your going to get.

I sure hope you get all your money back. this really sucked and on christmas to! The seller contacted me, said he would give me a partial refund. a partial, for the darn suit being moldy and not working? that and he sent it media mail when I paid for priority and it came weeks later! But I let it go, just do not want that stress. my son loves it, I got it clean, and though it does not light up, he thinks its the cats meow
    I am praying your situation comes out perfect, you get money back and no stress over this any more
    It's too late now I think, but you could've probably alerted the post office to this as mail fraud, especially given that Media Mail is for umm... media, like DVDs, CDs, books, VHS tapes (what are those? ), etc.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I hope you are justly compensated and that you get your money back. That is disgraceful.

I encountered something something like that for my son's birthday this past year - it was not nearly as BIG as your situation, but I had bid on and won an inflatable swimming pool that we were going to inflate and put soda's and water in for his party. Ebay was my last resort to find a pool of this sort in early October.....all of the stores had sold out or put that seasonal item away.

So, I bid.......and pay via PayPal - and the woman won't accept my payment - so $9.29 sat in her PayPal account for a month - she wouldn't accept payment because she said it was a 'credit card' and she wouldn't accept PayPal payments made with a credit card. HELLO? Pay Pal said that if she has an account, she doesn't have a right to tell a person how to and how NOT to pay into her PayPal account. So, my money sat there for 30 days, I never got my item.......and she almost screwed up the party in that way.........but all was well. But I left extremely negative feedback for her, and I would advise you to do the same for the person that sent you this expensive, broken merchandise.

Hope all works out for you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Here is a sucky little experience I had to endure. My wife has been a long time Dopey fan and over the past few years I have added to her growing collection. One item she did not have was the big statue of Dopey. She has tried, unsuccessfully, ti win the item on ebay, when it came up for auction. Unfortunately she would never win. Anyway, last week I found one for auction with no bidders. I put in on watch and on the day it was to end, I made a bid with about 40 seconds left for $250 (it was going for $150). Well within the last few seconds two other bidders tried to bid, but I ended up winning it. I was soooo ecstatic, knowing that I was going to totally surprise my wife. Anyway, I shot off an email to the seller, who lives in PA. I asked him if it would arrive by Christmas. First off he took it upon himself to priotiy mail it w/o contacting me. He then emailed me back stating that I owed him an additional #20 for the express shipping. Well I had no prob with that. I ended up getting the box this past Saturday. I took it over to my mom's house, where she was going to help me wrap it. Well we opened the box and the Dopey statue was completely broken. My heart totally dropped. I was so frickin angry that I wanted my fist going through a wall. The way the person wrapped this fragile item was disgraceful. It was wrapped in a weak one sheet tissue paper and a one sheet, flimsy foam wrap and then the box was stuffed loosely with balled up newspaper and one layer of newspaper at the bottom of the box. This seller did insure the box, so now I will probably have to file a claim with the post office, but I have to wait 21 days after the mailing of this box to do it (which does not make sense). I have emailed this person, with no response. I have another recourse to go through ebay and file a claim with them as well, but this all takes time and I am out $200. I ended up finding another statue and bought it for $130.00. I pleaded with this seller (from Florida) to make sure to package the item right and safely, so I do not experience this situation again. Anyway the element of surprise is gone. Oh well !!!!
    In my opinion, it's the thought that counts. The fact that you are willing to get this gift for your wife is very admiring. Does your wife already know that a Dopey statue is in the mail for her?

I think regardless of the situation, the thought and effort you put into getting her this gift is much appreciated and loving. Your intent is priceless and I'm sure she will admire that fact as well.

I hope everything goes well with this statue that is coming in the mail.

But being thoughtful is the best gift anyone could give and you deserve a gold star for it .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12